Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engine Warm Up

Default Engine Warm Up

Is it advisable to warm up my car before driving and what are the benefits it can contribute upon regular execution?

if bag-o imung awto, di na kinahanglan...

no need for warm up... just go directly but go slow first.. once you reach your normal engine temp, you can harorot na... XD
    Last edited by Kristiano; 04-05-2019 at 03:56 PM.

* There is no need to heat the car engine before moving. It's better to drive at a moderate speed when you first start moving. This short period of time is intended to wait for the lubricating oil to reach the required temperature and to fully move the engine parts. Because the current car manufacturing technology with fuel injection system helps the driver skip the "idling" operation before starting the journey.

no idea if naai difference if mag warm up or dili... what I usually do kay mag hinay2x ra ko ug drive until ang car naa nah sa iyang usual operating temperture.
    Last edited by P-Chan; 05-13-2019 at 10:24 PM.

warm up ko sa akong awto 5-10 minutes or until 100F before ko padagan

Why pamper life's complexities when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat?

i have ford truck which we use for Roadside Assistance Services, engine is getting heated. anyone know what is the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by slakker View Post
    if bag-o imung awto, di na kinahanglan...
    I have to agree with this especially nowadays. I think our engine needs to warm up before driving would be when the weather is cold which is just occasionally. However, with the new technology on cars, this activity is not really necessary because of the use of electronic fuel injection systems on newer cars. Anyways, Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by EZRA View Post
    warm up ko sa akong awto 5-10 minutes or until 100F before ko padagan
    Is there a variation of the time or the temperature depending on your car? Also, have you tired neglecting engine warm-up and is there a noticeable effect on your car? Thanks for sharing!

No need for warm up, we don't get sub zero temps here in the Phil.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast