Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Warning Issued for Birth-Control Patch

maayo lagi ka kaayo sa birth control oi

hehehehe...am a nurse so i kinda know some stuff...

O.T. ahh i see as man ka nag work..

i work in presbyterian medical center and part-time in haverford nursing rehab here in philadelphia...medical surgical unit ko sa presby...kaw nurse pud ka??

Quote Originally Posted by twalalyn
    did her doctor prescribed it some doctors do prescribe it for hormonal imbalances...Blood clots are an occasional, serious side effect of progestin therapy, and cigarette smokers are at a higher risk for them. Patients requiring progestin therapy are strongly encouraged to quit smoking. It also increase the blood glucose in diabetic patients...may i ask how old she is and how long she've been using pro-vera??

Yup her doctor prescribed the medication but i think she didnt told her about her leukemia. she is 23. her doctor told her to take pro vera for 5 days. she just got her menstruation the other day.after five days she has a pill for maintenance i remember the name.nordule? i guess...

ask if her doctor knows that she has leukemia...usually they do a WBC count or CBC before giving any medications..from what i've read b4 w/ continuing research they've put a warning on labels for provera not to take it for so long coz it can lower their BMD (bone mineral density)...so tell her to talk to her doctor and don't b afraid to ask whatever questions w/ regarding to treatments or medicines they prescribe coz its a patient's right to ask...

am not really expert on this area even w/ all meds coz am not a doctor so am just tellin you what i know...bt if there's anything i can do just pm me and i'll try to explain whatever question i can answer...k

tnx a lot twalalyn...

Don't even try the pills as birth control.. I have a friend they started using it and then later they decided to have a baby.. now they have problems the pills has get into the system of the female and they have dif'culty having baby! its so sad because it's been 5 years after they even with the help of the doctors mag lisud na kaayo.. I suggest use a condom! that's it! don;t be fool about tha withdrawal thingy kay sometimes you cannot withdraw it anymore lol you see what I'm saying?

Quote Originally Posted by twalalyn
    i work in presbyterian medical center and part-time in haverford nursing rehab here in philadelphia...medical surgical unit ko sa presby...kaw nurse pud ka??
    sorry po di ko nurse.. simpleng enhinyero lang po ako

pag sul-ob ug chastity belt oi, den ilabay ang key sa lock, syaro....

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12