Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    haha, don't be paranoid john. but if mao na imong na feel then wala tay mahimo ana cos that's your emotion and i have no control sa imong psychological processing. but deep inside me this is nothing personal. don't misrepresent my intention.

correct james and I appreciate your kind and wise words. keep up the good work.
    yeah riiiigghhtt.. why would I be paranoid of you? you honestly think that I would be afraid of you? in your dreams..

anyway, for as long as you cannot give a sensible response.. you're really not fun to talk with anymore..

Could The Bible and Science Both be Correct?

It's a possibility but unlikely will happen. What would be the intention of continuous observation if science believes in something out of irrational logic? Bible is made up excuse for those people who are oppressed during their time... that's their escape goat... believe that someone will save them out of oppression.

^^ yah you're right..

bluedes
    is it really that impossible to convince you guys that the Bible does not contain scientific principles?
    No I have no problem stating that the Bible does not contain Scientific Principles, for the Bible is not a science book. It is a religious book that is Scientifically Accurate on so many topics. Topics that Scientific Principles use in science books that have proven to be scientific facts.

Are you aware of any scientific evidence that contradicts the Bible? If so please list them with the appropriate Scientific Principle.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmusslewhite View Post
    No I have no problem stating that the Bible does not contain Scientific Principles, for the Bible is not a science book. It is a religious book that is Scientifically Accurate on so many topics. Topics that Scientific Principles use in science books that have proven to be scientific facts.

Are you aware of any scientific evidence that contradicts the Bible? If so please list them with the appropriate Scientific Principle.
    thanks James!

i'm not concerned with any scientific evidence that contradicts the Bible.. for one.. I'm not against the Bible..

Quote Originally Posted by bluedes View Post
    roooofffllllll jud..

*sigh*

go on with your lives people..
    i guess i poked a hornet's nest..

anyway, you honestly think that kepler used the Bible to back up his three laws of planetary motion? its different when you get inspiration from the Bible, which is a religious book.. but its totally different when you claim that it contains "scientific" principles..

instead of reading wikipedia, go grab a copy of Kepler's biography..

you guys don't even know what the scientific movement is, or the philosophy of science..

likewise, basa ug actual biography ni Galileo.. *sigh*

I never said the Bible is contradictory to scientific principles.. but the Bible DOES NOT contain "scientific" principles.. it contains symbolic text that can be interpreted in many ways..

a scientific principle is not born out of the Bible.. it is born out of the rigorous investigations of scientists in the scientific movement..

the Bible is at most, an inspiration to some scientists, like what you have mentioned.. but that is due in part of culture.. if the scientific movement originated from Middle East, the Koran will equally be a source of inspiration to some scientists as well, and they will also try to reconcile the Koran with what they observe in Nature, lest they want to get burned at stake..

*sigh* go on with your lives people, if it makes you happy..

ur imagining your own enemy..

i never said the Bible contradict with Science..

but for you guys to claim that the Bible contains scientific principle is purely hogwash..
    you're just trying to glorify the Bible for what its not..

oh, its not denial.. with the rabbit statement, you are proposing an immutable essence behind, I agree with that no more no less..

but scientists did not arrive at scientific principles by using the Bible.. you think scientific principles will be grounded on solid empirical data today because the Bible allegedly contained such scientific principles? (obviously not, having read your response below)

if it weren't for the people behind with their work and dedication, we would not have a modern scientific world today..

again, you're trying to glorify the Bible for what its not.. that is where the denial lies..

I agree with you on that.. but I'm still not considering the Bible containing scientific principles.. the Truth of Nature is contained in the Bible, I have no qualms with that.. it may appear to contain scientific principles, but its not scientific principle. No scientist on earth would accept that..

the problem (as well as its advantages) with a religious book is it can be interpreted in many ways, which is the cause of many conflicts (but also the source of many inspirations..)

to even begin with the claim that it contains scientific principles is bordering on chaos beyond imaginable ways.. man's ego/desire is dangerous if left unchecked.. after such claim, people will begin to look into the Bible for scientific principles and claim they are true..

please do not forget the essence of a scientific principle.. it can be falsified in earlier stages or modified in later stages.. Can the Bible be falsified or modified in earlier or later stages? it is a religious book.. and it should know its place in religion..

@jamesmusselwhite

nice discussion with you bro..

please don't drown your own self..
    Sus, sige ra kag yawyaw...WALA KAY RESOURCES... OPINION RA NA NIMO..

Quote Originally Posted by blue_ice View Post
    Sus, sige ra kag yawyaw...WALA KAY RESOURCES... OPINION RA NA NIMO..
    actually, my proof is very simple..

who wrote the Bible?

Did the authors of the Bible say they will formulate scientific principles and write in down inside the Bible?

kamo ra man ang ga-timo2x diha.. buhat2x ug inyong false claims..

See? Wala gihapon kay proof to substantiate your 'belief' ... Gabuot2x raka... opinion ra na nimo...

Quote Originally Posted by blue_ice View Post
    See? Wala gihapon kay proof to substantiate your 'belief' ... Gabuot2x raka... opinion ra na nimo...

sorry bro, i'm just sharing to you the truth of the matter..

here's one proof that you left out:

...statements about the physical world made by science and religion rely on different methodologies. Science relies on the scientific method as a body of techniques used for investigating natural phenomena. To be termed scientific, a claim must be based on observable, empirical, and measurable evidence, which is subject to systematic principles of reasoning.[30][31]

Source: Wikipedia, Science and the Bible

if you want to continue believing in your lies that the Bible really contains scientific principles, go ahead, i'm not forcing you to stop..

11.    Advertisement

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast