Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast

it's true, munzter666 is pretty much fine without crutches. and he's extremely a moral person.

You can be a moral person without God...

Of course! Who said that morality is copyrighted by any religious organizations?

^^an also this person. he lives in moral life without crutches.

It's quite difficult to explain but I'll try ...

A person can be moral even if he's an atheist. That's a fact. Morality concerns of doing what is right and wrong. Now the question: What is right and what is wrong for a moral person? That's a critical point since any person could set his own standards thus he can decide whether an act or a person is moral or immoral on his standards, in his personal judgment. If each one of us has our own set of moral standards then there shall be conflict in our virtues and that would lead to even greater conflicts.

To resolve this we must believe and practice the teachings of Christ thus upholding a new type of morality that is Christian Morality.

Quote Originally Posted by psalter spectre View Post
    it's quite difficult to explain but i'll try ...

A person can be moral even if he's an atheist. That's a fact. Morality concerns of doing what is right and wrong. Now the question: What is right and what is wrong for a moral person? That's a critical point since any person could set his own standards thus he can decide whether an act or a person is moral or immoral on his standards, in his personal judgment. If each one of us has our own set of moral standards then there shall be conflict in our virtues and that would lead to even greater conflicts.

To resolve this we must believe and practice the teachings of christ thus upholding a new type of morality that is christian morality.

Quote Originally Posted by Psalter Spectre View Post

To resolve this we must believe and practice the teachings of Christ thus upholding a new type of morality that is Christian Morality.
    To resolve this, a society comes up with laws that benefit the majority. Hence the reason why we create governments, elect lawmakers and then vote agree/disagree on the laws that are passed. Ka simple.

hehehe... i love how he worded it.

"must"

sounds like a requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Psalter Spectre View Post

Quote Originally Posted by chad_tukes View Post
    hehehe... i love how he worded it.

"must"

sounds like a requirement.
    hehe

Must, could, should?

Quote Originally Posted by thethird79 View Post
    hehe

Must, could, should?
    i don't know. what do you think?

if you say "to resolve this, we must..." to me it sounded like, "to resolve this, we are required to..."

anyhow...

Quote Originally Posted by chad_tukes View Post
    i don't know. what do you think?

if you say "to resolve this, we must..." to me it sounded like, "to resolve this, we are required to..."

anyhow...

ok fine my mistake ... let me change it to "we are encouraged" .. fayts!

11.    Advertisement

Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast