Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NBA Draft

Default Re: 2012 NBA Draft

Sounds greedy yet a smart move!

Anthony Davis "trademarks" His Unibrow

Since he began his freshman year at the University of Kentucky, teammates exhorted basketball star Anthony Davis to shave his unibrow. They failed. A year later, as the expected top pick in this week's NBA draft, Davis is aiming to cash in on his refusal.

In anticipation of his imminent rise to national stardom, Davis trademarked the phrases "Raise the Brow" and "Fear the Brow." Widely expected to be drafted by the New Orleans Hornets in Thursday's draft, Davis said he saw profit potential in leaving his eyebrows connected.

"I don't want anyone to try to grow a unibrow because of me and then try to make money off of it," Davis told CNBC. "Me and my family decided to trademark it because it's very unique."

Davis will not even consider splitting his eyebrow in two as he begins racking up endorsements, he told ESPN, a partner of ABC News.

Full article | ABC News

Blog Entries

Wow , Dion Waiters and Damian Lillard's stock are going up ... Waiters might be picked at #4 and Lillard at #5 .

PJIII's stock might drop due to a medical red flag regarding a meniscus issue in his knee .
    Last edited by FAQ; 06-28-2012 at 10:29 PM.

NBA general managers will be on the clock Thursday night for the NBA Draft -- and we've put each under a microscope for their NBA Draft history.

We've come up with a scoring system to evaluate each current general manager/decision maker that justly rewards those who didn't screw up a top pick -- and also gives credit for nailing a selection later in the draft.

We've rated every single player, put them into a category (elite, perennial all-star, occasional all-star, solid starter, quality reserve, rotation guy, bench and overseas/out of the league).

Then we've given them a numerical value from 1 to 10 based on where they were drafted.

Sure, drafting Kevin Durant at number two in 2007 was a no-brainer for Oklahoma City general manager Sam Presti, but it's still deserving of credit. Just not as much as taking, say, Steve Nash at No. 15 as Toronto GM Bryan Colangelo did back in 1996.

And we've penalized abysmal picks as well. Chris Wallace's pick of Hasheem Thabeet and Joe Dumars' selection of Darko Milicic were two of the most egregious.

For many of those taken in the 2011 NBA Draft and some in 2010, we've handed out incomplete grades to be fair.

Now it's time to see which general manager you can trust on draft night -- and which ones appear to be throwing darts.

SOURCE: Making the grade: NBA GM draft ratings
    4th place for Danny Ainge, not bad.

Sam Presti is getting the top rank. Congrats!

Blog Entries

7 hours left , NBA Draft na !!!

Asa na man ning mga "NBA fans" ron , wala na man nagparamdam . I hope they'll show up later .

Denver Nuggets holds 3 selections... 20, 38, 50

i hope mka kuha napud sila like Farried / Lawson..

Blog Entries

1 hr and 46 mins left , NBA Draft na !!!

Blog Entries

daghan power forwards ug centers ani nga draft pero ila mga problems gyud kay poor freethrow shooting what time ni start?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by icon_king View Post
    daghan power forwards ug centers ani nga draft pero ila mga problems gyud kay poor freethrow shooting what time ni start?
    7 pm (7 am Philippine Time)

Blog Entries

Update as of 5:50pm

Charlotte is "close" to deal their 2nd overall pick with an unknown team .

Sacramento (5th overall) and GS (7th overall) will make their decision "on the clock" in case they'll receive a good last-minute offer .

Bobcat's 2nd overall pick to Thunder for Harden (mao nay rumors)..

11.    Advertisement

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast