Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Default Re: Cebu or Manila and WHY ?

cebu gyud ko gai more bearable like sa traffic
    people around and nice kayo mga beaches dri..
    hinuon daghan kayo chiks did2 and mga places suroyon

i am not a native of cebu but i am 100% bisaya..now here's my experience

i worked here in cebu for a year only

then for the past 4 years i worked in Makati...then finally decided to move back here in CEBU

the reason??

there are numerous reasons..but the bottom line is..i can't live the rest of my life in MANILA.you bet!

Blog Entries

cebu the best place jud...

cebu jud oi! way kalupig.. ang manila for me nindot lang vacationan.. magkapimples nya ko didto kay abog.. hehe

CEBU ghapon Bai>>> bsag unsaon... akong reason??

SIMPLE... HOME SWEET HOME...

bsag naa ko dri sa manila ron... lahi ra gyud ang imong yutang natawhan? hehe..
    nice 2 be part in storya.net...

cebu...

can't stand manila... it's too much for me.

Hmmm.... There are pros and cons.

Manila siguro for career development. About 80% of the the country's business have thier corporate headquarters located here. It's true dog eat dog ang corporate world diri, but to emerge at the top you have to go through the process of natural selection, hehehe. What I like here is that at work, you get to plan, conceptualized and implement corporate ideas whereas if you work in a more "regional" setting, hangtod implementation ra gyud.

Good things about Manila:
    *Very cosmopolitan almost all major brands can be found here.
    *Booming art and culture scene.
    *Cheap, cheap and wide choices of clothes/items.
    *Open minded people, open to different ideas and lifestyle.

Bad things:
    *Expensive rent!
    *High population density.
    *Expensive food.
    *Sucky beaches! Layo ba gyud. Nothing compares to Cebu

However, tanan man siguro nga major cities in the world suffers from the bad things as Manila does. The high rent, food and density. So I guess its part of the package. I would like to debunk lang that Myth that traffic sa NCR. In my experience, it's not true. Traffic system is very efficient actually with the presence of MRT/LRT and there are so many ways to get around the metro-daghan ug kalusot lusotan, unlike in Cebu nga linear ang kalsada. Kung traffic sa Basak, all the way to Pardo to Talisay traffic na.

One more thing, NCR has the most diverse population in terms of regional roots, very few of the 13M in the NCR are what you call native tagalog. They number siguro 30% at most, the rest are either first or second generation migrants from other provinces sad. In my four years stay here, I have never really experienced "regional discrimination" I wear my Cebuano colors like a previlige badge. It certainly doesn't help to have a big chip on one's shoulder though with the mentality that people from Manila have this vendetta against Bisayans----SO NOT TRUE.

What I find funny though are some people with obviously BISAYAN Roots (judging from the accent) who would insist on speaking in Tagalog when klaro kaayo nga BISDAK. Even when you speak to them in Bisaya, they reply to you in Tagalog (meaning nakasabot kay nitubag man!) siguro in the hopes of covering/concealing thier Bisayan roots. Kasagaran ani, dili taga Cebu but from other Bisayan speaking province. The morale of is: IF YOU CANNOT BE PROUD of YOUR OWN ROOTS, HOW DO YOU EXPECT other people to accord you with respect.

Cebu will always be Cebu, with it's beaches, laid back lifestyle, entrepreneurial spirit and it's proud ways. In time, I'll go back to my beloved home. But in the mean I'll learn and absorb the lessons that the city of Manila has to offer. =)

Elite Member
    Blog Entries

Manila - coz id like to experience the life of a Tagalog

i have worked here in manila last 2001 but 3 weeks lang coz i hate the environment..so i transferred cebu..

i have lived in cebu for more than 4 years..and nothing happened in me..it's the same old me. way asenso..so i decided to go back in manila..

when i got here in manila and work at makati, i was really moved. i mean, complain lang guro nako is traffic sa gabii ug magtagalog..mao ra..

@brian_d: bai, u mentioned cheap ang mga clothes/items sa manila. sa akong nahibaw-an, sige man mag-sale ngadto sa manila, mao nang naka-ingon ka barato ang mga clothes sa manila. dili lang clothes, kundi shoes barato pa. hasta gud ang bench, guess, mossimo, girbaud, penshoppe mag sige man og sale ngadto. unya mag sale sila hapit tanang malls, hapit tanang botique. Another, daku man og sweldo sa manila. maka-afford jud ka palit og mga mahalon nga clothes ngadto.

11.    Advertisement

Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast