Page 13 of 85 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by long4short View Post
    wahaha... wala man MC tester brod kay sa farm ra nako paliton ang kahoy... nuon, 3 years na ni kapin kahuya... sige lang, testing lang ko...
    ahh okay.. I hope they set up a good airdry control..

sge lang. for experience lang mna sad.. mag pa barrow mn unta mi before.. but till kato na guba.. hmm lisod kaayo... so sorry nalang wala ko ma hatag nga idea.. pero naa alternative

ang formula ani is

Moisture Content

by Nancy Trautmann and Tom Richard

When deciding what proportions of various materials to mix together in making compost, the moisture of the resulting mixture is one of the critical factors to consider. The following steps outline how to design your intital mix so that it will have a suitable moisture level for optimal composting. In the composting industry, the convention is to report moisture content report on a wet (or total weight) basis, as the formulas below indicate.

Calculate the % moisture for each of the materials you plan to compost.
    a) Weigh a small container.
    b) Weigh 10 g of the material into the container.
    c) Dry the sample for 24 hours in a 105-110&degree;C oven.
    d) Reweigh the sample, subtract the weight of the container, and determine the moisture content using the following equation:
    Mn = ((Ww-Wd)/Ww) x 100
    in which:
    Mn = moisture content (%) of material n
    WW = wet weight of the sample, and
    Wd = weight of the sample after drying.

Suppose, for example, that you weigh 10 g of grass clippings (Ww) into a 4 g container and that after drying the container plus clippings weighs 6.3 g. Subtracting out the 4-g. container weight leaves 2.3 g as the dry weight (Wd) of your sample. Percent moisture would be:

Mn = ((Ww-Wd)/Ww) x 100
    = ((10 - 2.3) / 10) x 100
    = 77% for the grass clippings
    Choose a moisture goal for your compost mixture. Most literature recommends a moisture content of 50%-60% by weight for optimal composting conditions.
    The next step is to calculate the relative amounts of materials you should combine to achieve your moisture goal. The general formula for percent moisture is:

in which:
    Qn = mass of material n ("as is", or "wet weight")
    G = moisture goal (%)
    Mn = moisture content (%) of material n
    You can use this formula directly to calculate the moisture content of a mixture of materials, and try different combinations until you get results in a reasonable range. If you have a browser capable of handling Java script (e.g. Netscape version 2.0 or higher), you can try this formula out for up to 3 materials.

Using trial and error to determine what proportions to use for a mixture will work, but there is a faster way. For two materials, the general equation can be simplified and solved for the mass of a second material (Q2) required in order to balance a given mass of the first material (Q1). Note that the moisture goal must be between the moisture contents of the two materials being mixed.

For example, suppose you wish to compost 10 kg grass clippings (moisture content = 77%). In order to achieve your moisture goal of 60% for the compost mix, you calculate the mass of leaves needed (moisture content = 35%):

Q2= ((10 kg)(60) - (10 kg)(77)) / (35 - 60)
    = 6.8 kg leaves

Mixtures of 3 or more materials can also be solved in a similar way (although the algebra is more complicated), but for an exact solution the amounts of all but one material must be specified. To find the mass of the third material (Q3) given the masses of the first two (Q1 and Q2) plus all three moisture contents (M1, M2, and M3) and a goal (G), solve:

sorry, wrong post
    Last edited by tophat; 08-02-2010 at 04:36 PM.

long4short

This might give you input.

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy0911 View Post
    long4short

This might give you input.

nice info bro... but, it's a little bit lengthy and technical for me... gonna read it one of this days...

ma simplified ko na kung mag abot ta.. but too busy with work man gud..

pero it's nice to if you read nalang sad para detailed ang imong knowledge about it.

I hope this helps..

up lang ko..

Have you tried veneering using playwood instead of venneers, can you share tips in making the mould especially prototype pa, portland cement ako gamit karn thru pressing (skateboard decks) but i want to try foam thru vacuum,

Quote Originally Posted by torsofitness View Post
    Have you tried veneering using playwood instead of venneers, can you share tips in making the mould especially prototype pa, portland cement ako gamit karn thru pressing (skateboard decks) but i want to try foam thru vacuum,
    you mean vacuum pressing? yeah maayo kaayo na ug result.

yep naka sulay nami ug plywood lamination.. 1.6mm plywood ang mas nice.. but depende na sa purpose.. kay naa man limitation sa curves.. but pang skateboard deks.. pwede ra na 3mm nga plywood.

hmm wala pa man ko ka gamit ana portland cement.. unsa pasabot nimo mould? like plastic moulding or lamination.. kay medyo na confuse ko gamay..

upper and lower part asa mo sandwich sa plywood, i use hydraulic cement. With regards to the boards,Most branded skateboard use 7 layers of maple ply but its very expensive cause they are selling it by bulk ( South Sea Marquetry ) so im using 3/16 marine plywood( 3 layers) for the board. My concern is every time i revise the design i have to make new mould, im experimenting on high density foam shaped to my design using vacuum, which do you think?http://http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=46635&l=bff4cb2d23&id=10000149170122 6

that's true.. mao gyud na ang proper laminating always gyud odd numbers.. dili pwede even.. this is due to wood movements.. regarding to your experiment.. hmmm it's really interesting your doing there..

wala pa noon ko naka sulay ana high density foam.. naay nag offer namo ana sa office but wala pa man ma approved and wala pa pud ko ka gamit.. why not use plywood jigs nga naay mga solidwood braces..

11.    Advertisement

Page 13 of 85 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast