Page 2 of 157 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Life abroad is not paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by angelicax
    uli nalang mo dinhi pinas .... idiga nang inyo nahibal-an... mas maayo pa dinhi bisag poor ta peru hapi... dili slave...
    true mas happy jud kay naa imong friends and relatives, kaso lang kadaghanan sa work available mura nakag slave. Try working in a minimum wage position, and you will understand. Pero kung wa pamo kasuway youre one lucky guy/gal, pero kalooy jud sa majority sa work force diri sa Pinas.

Quote Originally Posted by evs
    mao na unya ang pamilya nga nahabilin sa pinas mura nag mga dato kaayo cge lang demand ug kwarta unya maglingkod nalang pasinaw sa bangko. di gani tagaan ingnon dayon ngil ad kay abroad naman. walang sila kabawo nga galisod tawon ang abroad nga ilang gisaligan. mag abot nalng singot ug luha pagtinarabaho para lang kapada. faet.
    mao, naay pag kaing-ani sad ko sauna, pero when nahibal.an nko unsa ka pait magtrabaho akong mama sa gawas, halos di nko mangayo sa akong mama hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by LytSlpr
    financial reasons is not enough but the mental, emotional as well as social sacrifice the family has to endure. not to mention being exposed to unnecessary evil.

going abroad even with your family should be the last and only resort IMO.
    Ideally, but when your see your family is getting hungry or di jud ma meet ilang needs, makahunahuna jud ka ug larga... maski igo ragud makapuhunan for a negosyo.

working abroad has it's advantages and disadvantages. It's true jud nga dili lalim magtrabaho ka sa gawas, dako ang kita compare sa philippine peso pero if naa ka ngadto dollars ra pud ang imo gastuhon unya dagko kaayo ang tax ug insurance. unsa imo lifestyle diri sa atoa, for example middle class ka dinhi, employee working in a multinational company, adto ka gawas middle class ra gihapon ka didto pero ang kinalahi if magpadala ka kwarta sa pinas dako kaayo ang equivalent.

Quote Originally Posted by Metz
    true mas happy jud kay naa imong friends and relatives, kaso lang kadaghanan sa work available mura nakag slave. Try working in a minimum wage position, and you will understand. Pero kung wa pamo kasuway youre one lucky guy/gal, pero kalooy jud sa majority sa work force diri sa Pinas.
    bahala gamay ug suweldo basta lang naay para ika lamoy... whereas wala... same thing ra gihapon kung toa ka sa abroad... dako toud ka suweldo peru maayo kag economics mag get ka nga pareha raman kung naa ka dinhi ga trabaho... imagine how much ang plane ticket taga lupad nimo... kung imo na i tukod ug gamay negosyo nga fit sa imo talent mabuhi raka...

by the way, i started working as a encoder with salary of 3K per month 6 years ago na...now i have 10K salary as a IT staff... ug naay sideline pud nga mokita net income 1K per day.... hehehehe bitaw depende sa kayod... ang main job nako ron morag sideline nalang hehehee....

...swerte2x ra ni ang maka timing ug maayo nga trabaho sa pinas...

Mao nay giingon that life is what you make it doesn't matter where you are. We live in America we also spend in dollars. Life abroad is also a matter of getting the good breaks and the good start. KUng moanhi ka ug states like teenager pa ka mas bata pa, its okay you can easily adjust. But when you come here much older nga imong ways set na kaayo as that of a filipino and so used to the life back home, then it might be a little difficult for you to start here. You have to adjust and be flexible but if you stand your ground and keep focused that you are here to better yourself and have more money yes you will see the fruits of your labor unlike in Pinas na even how much or how harder you work wala man gihapon. That if your focus is to better your life and your lifestyle and earn dollars so that you can help your families back home, abroad is for you. And i really tell those people back home na in case gusto gyud mo mo abroad, choose the US. Kay daghan ko kaila they go by route of Canada or Europe or Australia as their second choice na lang para lang maka abroad pero their main goal is still USA and they will still try to come here. Its not paradise but your life is definitely better. Now, if you have millions, then stay home in Pinas. Life there is great when you have money. If not, try to help yourself na lang.

The article reminds us that life is not that simple, wherever you are.

Sometimes, we have this thought that when someone leaves the country to work abroad, they are very lucky because they will have a better life abroad. Such is not always the case. Sometimes, these people would just go back after a few months of working since they cannot make it there. Others are lucky and working hard enough to make a living abroad. Indeed, life abroad is not that easy. If you're there, one cannot simply make a better living if one is lazy.

With the way our economy is improving coupled with my own hard work, I can safely say that life here is okay. After all, it’s just a matter of being contented with what we have.

Baron I agree with you and to add simply put, life in another country you were not born in, which is not yours and not what you are accustomed to is never easy. It takes a lot of flexibility for a person to be able to do that, imagine how much more for those pinays marying foreigners and setting foot in a strange land for the first time with no family or relatives nearby? that's even more difficult adjustment for them but generally speaking, they too adjust with time. we all do. our threshold gets tested to the point that it affects our own self-worth especially when doctors become nurses back in the u.s., dentist become car salesman or janitors that sort of thing. When you look at that positively, it actually strengthens your character as a person. Its not about power and authority its all about survival in a new strange land and given time, they will learn to adjust and love it here. Ang mga Nurses dire sa California specifically depending on what state you live in, some states lower cost of living so lower sab ang sweldu but here in the San Francisco area, ang overtime sweldu sa Nurse for one weekend moabot ug $1,000. dollars just for two days overtime on a weekend. You can imagine how much money they have. Lawas ang mo give up they can get all the overtimes and skeds they want and here since taas ang cost of living and its more expensive mao daku sab ang mga sweldu. If i'm in Pinas, kinsay mo sweldu nako ug $6,000 plus a month. Nobody i guess. That's what i make more or less and Nurses even gets paid higher than that kay dili ko nurse i work in a corporate world. But then again come to think, that life is not about all money so long as you meet your basic needs and necessities, i think that should be enough. If you want more then you have to work more. And you are right to say if you are content, you just wont care much for abroad. So long as you and your family is intact and happy, there are still some things money cannnot buy

It is definitiely not a PARADISE but it is definitiely way better than the life in the Philippines unless you are part of the group of RICH which is not the majority .

When I say its WAY BETTER , it is the oppurtuniy that knocks and its up to us to grab it . Those who failed in abroad did not grabbed it , but at least it knocked once unlike in thge motherland , SWERTE SWERTE is SYNONYMOUS to OPPURTUNITY .

I honestly loves to live wherever and whatever my motherland is pero hasta ang bitok managha man pod . Unless , as ive said I belong to the class of " RICH " , I dont need to . Remember , RICH and POOR ra ang naa sa Pilipinas , there is no such thing as AVERAGE , you still belong to the POOR class . As what DONALD TRUMP says , GO BIG or GO HOME .
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

Yup. This is very true.

I'm earning 4x than my previous job there in the Phils. But honestly, I still wanted to have my old job back, nothing really compares to being close with family and friends. Life here is not difficult financially, but emotionally its a different story.

we need to sacrifce everything for the welfare of our family,if we can give good lives here n d philippines not working n abroad y not,but we should accept the reality here n philippines if were not working outsude d country we cant give a good lives to our family..thats the reality lining n abroad its not a leisure its a prevelidge to work n other counrties but we should sacrifce our selves to be away frm our love ones....

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 157 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast