Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Can we block people from our thread?

Para nako sad nindot nga ang thread starter maka moderate sa iyang own thread.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EarlZ View Post
    Para nako sad nindot nga ang thread starter maka moderate sa iyang own thread.
    There are possible scenarios I can immediately think of, that can be potential abuses of this "power/ability" if granted to non-moderators.

-RODION

Quote Originally Posted by rodsky View Post
    There are possible scenarios I can immediately think of, that can be potential abuses of this "power/ability" if granted to non-moderators.

-RODION
    I would agree. Not a lot of people can handle criticisms or opposing views.

And mahabilin nalang nya na pwede mo-contribute sa thread ang kadtong posts na nauyunan sa thread-starter.

Banned User

the TS is specifically referring to those fighting in her "bus". being the driver, it would have been fair for her to let those passengers out and continue on with the journey, rather than have the LTO impound the whole "bus".

The thread has already been re-opened and for sure den2x is already keeping an eye on the thread. For cases like this, best thing you can do nalang is to report the post(s), just don't expect an immediate action.

nagpatay na tingali tung duha hehehe
    medyo di sad maayo kung maka edit ta sa atong threads. report nalang sa mods.

salamat all

I dont know if this is closed or not..

But i strongly recommend that the thread CREATORS have the power over THEIR OWN THREAD to block users who are just negative and childish.. its annoying when you see people interacting in your thread and someone - bcoz he is browsing around and have nothing to do - jumps in and start saying things that has nothing to do with the thread..

If not full power over OUR own threads.. at least minimal power.. lets say three or five blocks per thread you create or account.. once you are thru with your thread you can unblock them.. to vacate your three or 5 spaces you have to block..

I used the report option in the thread i created.. but nothing is happening from mods.. just the sheer amount of threads being created here on the site.. doesnt allow the mods to have the time to monitor everything.. so why not give little to nothing power to the users specially that its only over their own post...

Hope this can be heard... For 10 years on this site i never had to resort to such thing.. but when things go wrong i would like to have that small power specially that am not harming anyone am just protecting my interest on my OWN threads..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hijjawi View Post
    I dont know if this is closed or not..

But i strongly recommend that the thread CREATORS have the power over THEIR OWN THREAD to block users who are just negative and childish.. its annoying when you see people interacting in your thread and someone - bcoz he is browsing around and have nothing to do - jumps in and start saying things that has nothing to do with the thread..

If not full power over OUR own threads.. at least minimal power.. lets say three or five blocks per thread you create or account.. once you are thru with your thread you can unblock them.. to vacate your three or 5 spaces you have to block..

I used the report option in the thread i created.. but nothing is happening from mods.. just the sheer amount of threads being created here on the site.. doesnt allow the mods to have the time to monitor everything.. so why not give little to nothing power to the users specially that its only over their own post...

Hope this can be heard... For 10 years on this site i never had to resort to such thing.. but when things go wrong i would like to have that small power specially that am not harming anyone am just protecting my interest on my OWN threads..
    Well the possible abuse about this is that..... Thread starters will also block constructive criticisms, block those who oppose their opinions.. And possibly block the UGLY TRUTH from the convincing lie... (esp. in buy & sell section) we know there is always 2 sides in every story.

It's the readers prerogative to decide what to believe about what they read.
    A forum is for brainstorming and not some power trippers who silence people who oppose their opinion.
    That's what make forums fun isn't it?

That's why moderators are carefully handpicked and wasn't picked through a username rollet for the same reason I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by AntitaniC View Post
    Well the possible abuse about this is that..... Thread starters will also block constructive criticisms, block those who oppose their opinions.. And possibly block the UGLY TRUTH from the convincing lie... (esp. in buy & sell section) we know there is always 2 sides in every story.

It's the readers prerogative to decide what to believe about what they read.
    A forum is for brainstorming and not some power trippers who silence people who oppose their opinion.
    That's what make forums fun isn't it?

That's why moderators are carefully handpicked and wasn't picked through a username rollet for the same reason I guess.
    Totally agree with your point.. there is simple go-around solutions i think to at least allow the user monitor their own thread..

I do understand that there could be in many situation people revealing the truth and uncovering who is not being honest about what they are saying.. but when things go down.. it wont be only one or two in the thread who will do so.. so blocking all of them is of course may be considered a power abuse..

But i am suggesting this.. allow 3 blocks per user on ALL of his thread that he posted.. not per thread.. its per user.. there is always someone who has nothing to do and just jumps in to troll or just being damn negative just to satisfy his personal agenda or simply thread hijacker who try to divert the attention away from the true goal behind the thread that was created.. so in that case why not allow the user to block that one person from the thread with out consent of the mods.. in the end you can only block 3 (or lets start with 2) at a time all the time..

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast