Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    C.I.A. Platinum Member carmicael's Avatar

evolution is essentially a tool (to explain science), hence, device. device need not be tangible, i.e. literary device. it is called the theory of evolution precisely because it explains a scientific fact.

scientific theory is used differently in science. it is a set of hypotheses which have been thoroughly tested and peer-reviewed within the scientific community. it ties together different facts to explain a scientific phenomenon, i.e. theory of evolution, germ theory. you might have been misled by your science teachers in the past. some educators are not well-versed in science and may have indicated that once a theory is proven, it becomes a law. it is not so. a law describes phenomenon, the theory explains it.

it is called the theory of evolution because it explains how speciation came to be.

Bill Nye! THE Science guy!

Magkatawa man lang ko nga video.. Tag-baw ug explain si Bill Nye sa iyang mga scientific facts nga proven na and supported by the scientific community pero kani's Ken Ham puro sa BS gi pang tubag.

Quote Originally Posted by carmicael View Post
    evolution is essentially a tool (to explain science), hence, device. device need not be tangible, i.e. literary device. it is called the theory of evolution precisely because it explains a scientific fact.

scientific theory is used differently in science. it is a set of hypotheses which have been thoroughly tested and peer-reviewed within the scientific community. it ties together different facts to explain a scientific phenomenon, i.e. theory of evolution, germ theory. you might have been misled by your science teachers in the past. some educators are not well-versed in science and may have indicated that once a theory is proven, it becomes a law. it is not so. a law describes phenomenon, the theory explains it.

it is called the theory of evolution because it explains how speciation came to be.
    so it's a theory? ur past statements claim to be that it is not a theory. but maybe you are right about what my teacher thought us about theories and laws.

ty for enlightening.

C.I.A. Platinum Member carmicael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rexter View Post
    so it's a theory? ur past statements claim to be that it is not a theory. but maybe you are right about what my teacher thought us about theories and laws.

ty for enlightening.
    please don't make stories up. i never said evolution is not a theory. i merely said it is not a theory on the origin of life.

ty for enlightening.
    evolution is both a fact and a theory

the undeniable fact is that evolution did happen, is happening, and will continue to happen.
    the theory part is the explanation on how it happened.

- - - Updated - - -

you said it bro, "we do not yet know how life started" so, that means it remains a theory.
    a theory doesn't become anything. if you think it becomes a law, no it doesn't. a theory is the highest form of scientific explanation out there.

Quote Originally Posted by pakinimo View Post
    evolution is both a fact and a theory

the undeniable fact is that evolution did happen, is happening, and will continue to happen.
    the theory part is the explanation on how it happened.

- - - Updated - - -

a theory doesn't become anything. if you think it becomes a law, no it doesn't. a theory is the highest form of scientific explanation out there.
    OT:
    eloquent one! maybe you both are right, that's really what i'm thinking... i can recall my professor told us that a principle becomes a theory and theory becomes a law provided if the science community accepted the evidences. that's why i have a different view of the subject. So theory is like a piece of music and the law is the note.

What im fascinated about evolution is the fact that , whales, dolphins , sea lions , manatee are actually the descendants of land mammals which adopted the water just like the hippos .

And usually the most adaptable specie usually doesn't change like jellyfish, nautilus ,bacteria , horseshoe crabs and most insects.

nice ni nga thread dah, informative kaau.
    mka palit ba tah anang puzzle ts? kay akong palitan akong manghud. heheh

you said it bro, "we do not yet know how life started" so, that means it remains a theory.
    understand first the value of a scientific theory before ka mu ingon ug "its just a theory"

OT:
    eloquent one! maybe you both are right, that's really what i'm thinking... i can recall my professor told us that a principle becomes a theory and theory becomes a law provided if the science community accepted the evidences. that's why i have a different view of the subject. So theory is like a piece of music and the law is the note.
    nibasa nka sa thread nga "What Is A Scientific Theory" bro?

- - - Updated - - -

OT:
    nibasa nka sa thread nga "What Is A Scientific Theory" bro?

Ok raman na nga Theory or Hypothesis ra na cya , so what , its just papers . .

the important thing is , We are discovering more fossils and working on to understand the nature of things ,

the early mamals ,species , ancient way of life of the early creature .

Cuz i dont see no other alternative explanation as to how we got to life , except the genesis which is undoubtedly not viable.

humans and dinosaur cant live together , Its takes time for animals to evolve . Also depends on the environment ,

when the earth was concentrated with Oxygen insects we so Big ex. Dragon flies were used to be a meter long .

Some early specie of the ancient ocean :
    Top Ten: Extinct Sea Monsters (Part 4 of 5)

7. Archelon - Archelon is the largest sea turtle that has been discovered to date, the closest living relative that Archelon has is the "Critically Endangered" leatherback sea turtle, the largest sea turtle alive today. Living in the Late Cretaceous Western Interior Seaway between 75-65 MYA, Archelon has been discovered in the states of South Dakota, Wyoming and Kansas.
    Archelon skeleton next to a human. Thank you, Captain Obvious.
    8. Leedsichthys - Often cited as the largest fish known to humankind, the largest Leedsichthys had an estimated length of 72 feet, but some researchers believe that it could have grown to sizes that would rival those seen in the blue whale, the largest known animal ever to live on planet Earth. Although Leedsichthys swam the seas only during the Jurassic Period, the group that it belonged to survived until the end of the Cretaceous Period. Remains of this filter feeder have been uncovered in England, France, Germany, and Chile.
    Leedsichthys
    Leedsichthys, along with a number of other animals we have talked about in our "Top Ten: Extinct Sea Monsters:" Basilosaurus, Elasmosaurus, Dunkleosteus, Archelon, Megalodon, Tanystropheus, and, of course, Leedsichthys. Hesperornis is also on there, as well.

COMING UP NEXT WE HAVE:

9. Tanystropheus
    10. Tylosaurus

This post is part of the "Top Ten: Extinct Sea Monsters" series. For the rest of the posts in this series, click HERE.

nusm1991 gi copy raman guro na sa google ang puzzle bay,hehe
    Last edited by cromagnon; 02-15-2014 at 11:18 AM.

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast