Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Let me start by clearly laying out what this forum is not about. THIS FORUM IS NOT A HANGOUT FOR ATHEISTS. Atheists by definition reject the existence of a deity, so none of you have any reason to be in a forum that discusses theology. Theology is the study of God and since atheists don't believe God exists, it cannot be studied. If you are an atheist and have serious questions about faith, then feel free to post, but be advised that you may not get your answer here. The standard forum and S&O rules apply ...

by vern

.. nice. now that this rule is being finalized. I will contribute and help in enforcing it with much deligence.

by fingolfin
    Last edited by Malic; 01-19-2010 at 05:53 AM.

OT: sir fingolfin, dba atheist man ka?

Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar
    This forum may not be a hangout for atheists, but people can question and people can argue their point. Religious zealots who hide behind their faith are also not allowed here when they have their own forum for that. If your only argument is "you're wrong because I believe", this is not the place for you

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vern View Post
    This forum may not be a hangout for atheists, but people can question and people can argue their point. Religious zealots who hide behind their faith are also not allowed here when they have their own forum for that. If your only argument is "you're wrong because I believe", this is not the place for you
    so how is debate done? in debates people usually takes the position "you are wrong because I believe" . please clarify more.

"If you are an atheist and have serious questions about faith, then feel free to post, but be advised that you(atheist) may not get your answer here."

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    The popular Religion in the world has this understanding that men are sinners, because of Sin he or she is bound for hell, a place of suffering. To snatch the Soul away from this distasteful end confession of a Savior is needed, an external power to save men from Hell.

but there is a different approach to this and that is via Self-Awakening. A process where men goes inside in meditation seeking to still the mind and Awakened the inner soul, no external Savior.

now, share your thoughts about this, give your list of the pros and cons.

.. i cant understand you Malic, are you complaining because, me, an atheist has made my opinions on your thread But shall we review your topic here ....

but there is a different approach to this and that is via Self-Awakening. A process where men goes inside in meditation seeking to still the mind and Awakened the inner soul, no external Savior.
    .. and let me quote
    no external Savior.
    .. no Savior, right isnt that the path atheist venture to then how come you're complaining ?
    Last edited by fingolfin; 01-19-2010 at 06:50 PM.

C.I.A.
    Blog Entries
    Bitaw....Very Good point from Sir Fingolfin.................

Quote Originally Posted by vern
    Atheists by definition reject the existence of a deity, so none of you have any reason to be in a forum that discusses theology.
    This can easily be misunderstood and taken out of context (if I'm reading you correctly).

I'd happily oppose any presence of militant atheism and religious bigotry in this forum, but never prohibit someone from posting just because he is atheist. Isn't that the kind of prejudice we want to avoid here in the first place?

Atheists can have civil discussions on theology in my opinion... unless you think that's illogical?

I just had to air that out after Malic's reposting of the rules & regulations and egoist's comment. Makes me shudder.
    Last edited by tingkagol; 01-19-2010 at 07:46 PM.

mao jud ni naka-gubot sa S&O sauna... tanan topics ma-off topic. klaro na unta kaayo unsa i-discuss sa thread... naa lng juy uban nga para-ignon nga bright. hehe

anyway, about my view on this topic... the saviour is for the Christians while self-awakening is for the new age fanatics. hehe
    Last edited by xiao-xiao; 01-19-2010 at 09:00 PM.

Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    so how is debate done? in debates people usually takes the position "you are wrong because I believe" . please clarify more.

"If you are an atheist and have serious questions about faith, then feel free to post, but be advised that you(atheist) may not get your answer here."
    No intelligent debate says "you are wrong because I believe". That is what religious zealots do. Believing that someone is wrong because you are a believer and they are not is not something we want here. It suggests that people who do not share your beliefs cannot have spiritual and moral ground. You can disagree and state why, but that is all you can do. Atheists can certainly join the discussion. Atheists have morals, atheists have ideals. You misunderstand the point of what you quoted. It is not to exclude atheists, it is to disallow disrespect, bashing and behavior that leads to unruly behavior from all sides.

Let me give you another quote ... one I used in the description of the forum ...

"The key to wisdom is this -- constant and frequent questioning ... for by doubting we are led to question and by questioning we arrive at the truth." - Peter Abelard

Think about it.

If you do not want atheists to join in your discussions, then there is another forum more suitable for your tastes ... isn't there?
    Last edited by vern; 01-20-2010 at 04:39 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fingolfin View Post
    .. i cant understand you Malic, are you complaining because, me, an atheist has made my opinions on your thread But shall we review your topic here ....

.. and let me quote

.. no Savior, right isnt that the path atheist venture to then how come you're complaining ?

complaning? Why should I? I simply re-posted vern's vague rules. To remind you that we are not obligated to answer questions from Atheist. and I quoted you, to remind you that you promised to keep the rule.

I said no external Savior. In the path to Self-Awakening we are our own Savior, and we do believe in God but not as how the Christians do. Some even believe in a deity. I don't know I never heard of atheist venturing in the path to Self awakening.

well tell me about it fingolfin? are you making an effort ?

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast