Page 4 of 223 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast

Default Re: AMERICAN FOOTBALL: NFL fans, who's your pick to win SuperBowl XL?

football equipment are really expensive and its not availbale in the philippines because nobody wants to buy it.
    one time we had problems obtaining a football, many times we decided not to play because its just not football if you dont use a football.

i know some people in the flag football league in cebu. somebody said they are gonna start playing tackle. good luck.
    i play football for fun with friends. others play it competitively specially tackle and that will take the fun out of it.
    Â* Â*
    @biggie i remember the name reggie bushÂ* from usc, he's on every teams wish list. he probably go to the houston texans.

BTW: how do you see rugby, to me its a very tough game. i just hate astroturf burn, those guys dont wear any pads at all.
    rugby, ice hockey and soccer those games i will not play.

football is also a very physical game. when somebody tackles you to the ground from out of nowhere and somebody's head with a helmet hit you in the stomack. not fun at all, so its normal to see fights at the game specially your in friendly neighborhood games because there are no suspension or fines.

Quote Originally Posted by omad
    Quote Originally Posted by Big|nimZ
    To add a insult, I was playing with jammed right thumb and the metecarpal area. I had soo many chances to make plays but couldn't get a good grip on the ball.
    @Big l nimZ, this is what i've been thinking about injuries in football, even if how well trained and how well you apply techniques in tackling, there is just a greater risk of getting injured in this game ie Carson Palmer. i guess you've played football since you were a kid, and you've had your share of bumps and bruises, it's just different and difficult for somebody to learn and play this game. much more when their older.. ehhemmm. i never shy away from physical contact, i was a bruiser in my high school and college days playing basketball. i'm about 6 ft 200, but i grew up in cebu and sure enough, 90% of cebuanos doesn't have a clue how football was played. football equipments are really expensive. playing basketball was much cheaper, all you've got to do is buy one ball and you can play at your clay backyard all you want. it would have been different if i've been playing football instead of basketball. :mrgreen:
    Na I did not play it since I was a kid. I think 5-6 years in my lifetime I played it with. First I was playing basketball and I must admitt I do okay in that sports till I was introduce to the football which I love soo much better than basketball in personal preference. I just adapt it quickly and the rest is history. Thats the thing though Cool that it is tackle football hence tackle. If you don't to get tackled then tackle football is not your thing. I don't mind gettin hit and hitting people especially in the middle of the field becausei ts part of the game.

On another record; before I left cebu from a vacation, a friend of mine and his team was playing in a league called CFFL. But I saw their defense and offense and I must say very predictable. The thing about us cebuanos think we know everything. Their defensive captain is sarcastic and doesn't believe puttin alot of preasure doesn't work in a football league which made me laugh. Again if we play against them with my current team now, they don't even stand a chance.

@biggie
    I think the CFFL people are just playing for fun. most of the people that played in the league are mostly friends. i think to join their league you gotta be friends with someone. in the beginning, their was a feature article in sunstar which also has a contact number to join. also they also have a fee.

of course they dont play as compititive as the schools in the us or neighbohood teams
    because:

1)no try-outs to get into the team
    2)no professional coach and trainers
    3) they just play on the weekend and i dont thing they practice and workout everyday.

also they are not as good because they have limited players in cebu unlike the us where a lot of people play.
    i heared they are inviting somebody from the us to play against them. i hope they dont play a medeocre team from the us whose players consist of people who can afford the airfare and the daily expenses.

btw: do you have any favorite? we know nobody can predict the out come because its anybodys game.

Seahawks won over the 'Skins 20-10. Shaun Alexander suffered a concussion early in the first quarter and never came back but they still found a way to nail the Skins..
    Shut Up! Let your GAME do the talking!

Quote Originally Posted by cool
    @biggie
    I think the CFFL people are just playing for fun. most of the people that played in the league are mostly friends. i think to join their league you gotta be friends with someone. in the beginning, their was a feature article in sunstar which also has a contact number to join. also they also have a fee.

of course they dont play as compititive as the schools in the us or neighbohood teams
    because:

1)no try-outs to get into the team
    2)no professional coach and trainers
    3) they just play on the weekend and i dont thing they practice and workout everyday.

also they are not as good because they have limited players in cebu unlike the us where a lot of people play.
    i heared they are inviting somebody from the us to play against them. i hope they dont play a medeocre team from the us whose players consist of people who can afford the airfare and the daily expenses.

btw: do you have any favorite? we know nobody can predict the out come because its anybodys game.

I have friends in CFFL and like I said they too arrogant to listen to advices. I offer my coaching experience for free and teach them few tricks and techniques but again too much pride. I heard the other teams have so-called 'pro' coaches. I could've taught the QB how to read coverages before the snap since I play defensive back.

But instead they don't have gameplans, no good coverages and their offense are too predictable. I swore I told them I could drill them out from what I know. When I get back there we should make a team and be coaches! For some reason I rather be a coach than a player.

Broncos downs Pats 27-13. sure enough there will be a different champion come SB 40. :mrgreen:

Hahahah yeah they lost. Now this gonna be interesting ^^

what an exciting game!!! Steelers over Colts 21-18 whheeeeewww... :mrgreen:

no rematch for colts and the patriots for the afc division championship both teams are out.
    thrilling game, colts have a chance to tie but miss the field goal.
    great game for bettis. he give a gift of fumbling but the colts didnt capitalize.
    ITS PITTSBURG game , good defense and rushing offence. lots of bad referre call against PITTSBURG.

hahahahahaha I knew it I knew it! Hahahah there goes the so much hyped up colts! HAhahahaha

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 223 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast