Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

goodevening!

Blog Entries
    Use the sawdust as a filler and not as a replacement for a whole meal. Your dog still needs the basic nutrients to get him/her going and live a longer life. Also, be careful about the vegetables that you add in the dishes. Some can be very dangerous and may cause complications. Don't let go of your dog food.

Small poop isn't always good. Just like humans, you need to monitor the size and consistency.

Meat Shop "SAW DUST"
    (food for dogs) preparation by: Queen City Kennel.

Cooking time Needed: 12-15 Minutes

INTRODUCTION: What is meat saw dust?

ANSWER - Meat sawdust is a combination of ground pork and ground beef. Other groceries and meat shops mix it with other variants such as ground chicken, ox, or fish as well. You might hear some Filipinos call it "pinag-tabasan" because generally, these are the "wastes" from cutting meats that are re-packed straight from their machines (and chopping boards), and sold for a very affordable price. (from wecarefordogs.com)

WATCH OUT! - make sure the "SAW DUST" that you buy is from a reputable and trusted source. lots of dog owners have encountered inedible and dangerous stuffs(staples, glass debris, etc) mixed in the saw dust particularly those bought from Mall groceries. i get my stable supply from Virginia Meat shop a few meters away from our kennel (Talisay City, Cebu, PH) and so far its always of GOOD quality(fresh, no foul odor, no alien substances). read this article from personal experience of a fellow dog owner: Why I Stopped Feeding My Dogs Meat Sawdust ~ We Care for Dogs

PREPARATION:

Ingredients:
    ♦ 1 kilo meat "saw dust" from your reputable source
    ♦ 500ml water
    ♦ 4 teaspoon cooking oil (optional)
    ♦ 1 teaspoon rock salt (optional)

Directions for cooking:

1. Place all ingredients in a saucepan or wok on low heat for five minutes(this is to thaw/defrost the chunks) not to overcook some parts while uncooked on others. See photo 1.

2. Increase the heat to high, and bring to a boil. As needed, Stir and cook so all parts are equally of the same color for 5 minutes. See photo 2.

3. Let it boil for another 2 minutes or so; making sure everything equally turns light brown (looks identical to cooked ground pork). See photo 3.

Further preparation before feeding:
    1. Transfer the hot cooked saw dust on your dog's feeding bowl
    2. Let it cool down to room temperature, slightly warm is fine.
    3. Mix the cooked saw dust with rice and "dog food of your choice" depending on the nutritional value your dog needs(varies with age and breed size). In my personal experience with GSD's; for puppies 2 months to 6 months, full meal consist of (personal estimation 40-30-30) 40% saw dust, 30% Rice, 30% dog food. My young adult and adult GSD's feeds 50%-50% saw dust and rice(plus our meal's left overs).

Other Variations:

- some dog owners prefer not to include salt and oil. i prefer putting salt for a longer shelf life (even refrigerated); as i cook the saw dust in the morning and still serve the same in the evening without getting spoiled. oil to keep the saw dust fibers sticking to the bottom of the wok or saucepan.

4.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234