Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Default Kung Fu Hustle !!!!

yeah. heres a tip. dont go into the theater expecting american humor or even literary substance. u wont find it here.

u need to check ur iq at the door when ur watching this movie. its SUCH a no brainer. when ur sitting through the movie, ull notice that there are people who just laugh a notch higher than most. it kinda makes u think. especially when the scene is SOo dumb. you see the scene and you see the person laughing...and then you connect them both. pffft.

this movie for me was a 50-50. half of it was senseless. and i mean that in a give-me-my-money-back senseless comment. sometimes they tend to overephasize on a joke....it wears the joke out. like the running like road runner thing. or the fat sidekick with the knife...(ok so the knife was partly funny...but the part where he took it out and placed it back...that was just not funny) im actually surprised to find that majority of the audience thought it was funny...coz i thought that was just stupid. meh. i totally overestimated this movie's target audience.
    and half of it...they actually had some funny scenes. like the poke stick...or the gay tailor with the hand waving while he frolicked...and the kid with the runny nose...

still... the poking was the best. they couldv done better with it.... like in austin powers...
    and the "with power comes great responsibility...."

a 6/10

yeah. heres a tip. dont go into the theater expecting american humor or even literary substance. u wont find it here.
    why would anyone expect the film to be made up of american when obviously its chinese and besides most have seen shaolin soccer and they know what to expect.

u need to check ur iq at the door when ur watching this movie. its SUCH a no brainer. when ur sitting through the movie, ull notice that there are people who just laugh a notch higher than most. it kinda makes u think. especially when the scene is SOo dumb. you see the scene and you see the person laughing...and then you connect them both. pffft.
    there's nothing with lol with this kind of movie, its supposed to be enjoyed. obviously your iq is to high to enjoy this movie.

this movie for me was a 50-50. half of it was senseless. and i mean that in a give-me-my-money-back senseless comment. sometimes they tend to overephasize on a joke....it wears the joke out. like the running like road runner thing. or the fat sidekick with the knife...(ok so the knife was partly funny...but the part where he took it out and placed it back...that was just not funny) im actually surprised to find that majority of the audience thought it was funny...coz i thought that was just stupid. meh. i totally overestimated this movie's target audience.
    and half of it...they actually had some funny scenes. like the poke stick...or the gay tailor with the hand waving while he frolicked...and the kid with the runny nose...

still... the poking was the best. they couldv done better with it.... like in austin powers...
    and the "with power comes great responsibility...."

a 6/10
    this is a chinese comedy, its all about slapstick, senseless, no-brainer comedy. its even toned down for a broader foreign audience. if you were chinese or understand cantonese and have seen some older stephen chow then you see how more slapstick and how he uses wordplay which would be impossible to translate. i dont know what your expecting from this kind of movie from what you've just said.[/quote]

hey what do you guys expect anyway its chow!!!

the slapsticks were fine well not that good but will do, and as for the fighting.... wow!! cool, i like it all!!! impossible but cool!!!

I HEART THIS MOVIE GYUD!!!

I've always had high taste in movies,but's its cool to have this kind of movies to enjoy once in a while, aron di pud ta ingnon na SNOB film critque ko wherein any movie ni Federico Felinini o Lino Brocka are GODS and the rest are crap.

I enjoyed this movie, Idol nako si Stephen Chow gyud, kay bugal-bugalon kaayo siya mu himo ug movies.

we could go on about how "deep the story is"
    why is it such a idiot movie,
    why is the slapstick illogical to the creation of the matrix and NEo is a systematic anomally....

Screw that!!!! this movie ownz!!!

And I don't think there was any joke that was overdone.

What I most especially like about this movie, is the cinematography and production design.

most noteworthy in Pig Sty city, wherein the camera just pans around the frozen people, while the laundry hanging waves smoothly. simply fantastic, so much texture.

You gotta admit though, the fight with the two musicians, was BADA$$!!!
    murag ANime, cool kaayo ang setup unya innovative and wicked sila mu fight. murag si Rock Lee Vs. Temari o Kankurou, long range VS. Taijutsu!!!!!!!

HAYA!!!

really nice movie....kaduha gyud nako gitan-aw...looking forward to another stephen chow movie!

sachem

kindly check lang sa spelling ng hustle ninyo...

bai maling basin wala ka kita sa shaolin soccer... kong kita ka ato dili naka mag expect nga tarong ning salidaha...

kanang mga freakin intellectuals should not watch dis kind of movie kay gay movies na ilang gus2. kanang mabaw ra kaau. kanang mga hollywood love stories then naa gamay comedy lingaw na kaau sila. WTF. Lingaw sad ko pero dili pareha ani. most of intellectuals hate toilet and green humors. they don't understand beavis and butt-head, they don't understand migraine boy. it's not funny for them.

u try collegehumor.com, kontraband.com, big-boys.com para maka learn sad mo uy.

this muvi is great!

i actually did. but then again. u said so yourself. dont expect anything else. because i always thought each movie should try to push the envelope. its something called...reinvention. but then again... like what u said...reinvention is not part of chow's vocabulary. its practically the same jokes from s. soccer.

im talking about giving the audience something edgier...probably within the same genre such as slapstick...but they couldve at least added a new dimension to it. because when youre showing a movie whose predecessor is strikingly familiar in terms of comic material...its basically repackaging the same thing.

pinoy humor is so like that. its been the same ever since black and white. no change whatsoever. because they do not promote creativity or diversity.

same cast. same material. same old same old.

Quote Originally Posted by MelodyMan
    kanang mga freakin intellectuals should not watch dis kind of movie kay gay movies na ilang gus2. kanang mabaw ra kaau. kanang mga hollywood love stories then naa gamay comedy lingaw na kaau sila. WTF. Lingaw sad ko pero dili pareha ani. most of intellectuals hate toilet and green humors. they don't understand beavis and butt-head, they don't understand migraine boy. it's not funny for them.

u try collegehumor.com, kontraband.com, big-boys.com para maka learn sad mo uy.

this muvi is great!
    pfft. are u sure? perhaps ur referring to such movies as scary movie or ... those feel good movies? ugh. those are trash. eye candy. they are the same with kf hussle.

have u seen anything from shaolin soccer and kf hussle that would hint of any edgy material? its THE SAME. THE SAME. same. redundant. repetetive.

the writers do not learn. they probably didnt have one. :P

so before you start yelling and ranting about "intellectuals" not GETTING this kind of humor, these "intellectuals" actually do. they get it. its just no longer funny to them. it probably was funny the first or second time around.

you on the other hand...your a work of art. you can stand the same material over and over or havent you noticed?

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast