Page 4 of 157 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast

Default Re: Life abroad is not paradise.

Life anywhere in the world is not a paradise unless you have the money and everything you want in lyf... i think it really all depends on how you cope up and handle things from work, family & our everyday lyf... take control of life & make a path of your own and you can make it by being contented with what you have...

Cebu is a paradise.....you don't need to be rich to enjoy a decent beach or enjoy a nice mountain view overlooking cities........
    So for those working abroad....save your money and retire here in Cebu......

Quote Originally Posted by bcasabee
    Cebu is a paradise.....you don't need to be rich to enjoy a decent beach or enjoy a nice mountain view overlooking cities........
    So for those working abroad....save your money and retire here in Cebu......
    AMEN!

utong lang. then you'll succeed.

this is so true...life abroad is not as great as may be perceived. one has to endure the harsh realities of life and learn to fight and make sacrifices.

mao sd ang disadvantage is ang mga relatives nahibilin dri dli na maningkamot kay ng salig naay ipadala money monthly, mao masamot ka tapolan mga tao. Pero advantage sd kay for greener pastures maka tabang sa family and sa Philippine Economy the dollar remitances.

if all alone..the so called 'better salary' you earn cannot compensate the longing for family & friends back home..

i would say it's a paradise if your family is with you while living abroad...

It's your heart and principle and greatly your own definition of happiness that tells if it's okay or not. For people who'd define happiness or let's say even greater 'joy' to not require much material abundance... working abroad and adapting to culture (especially for their children) is not paradise. I guess for kids who were born here, dili kaayo nila ma feel. As for me, pinoy gyud gihapon ko and I still long for pinas every now and then. Lahi raman gud gyud kaayo ang ato.

My parents separated because of 'amerika' tsk... my mom wants to stay here my papa was totally almost anti-american. Ngano kunong magmantiner siya ug ultimo nga trabaho (bisan sa sugod lang) nga manager man siya sa atoa. Di gyud ma convince bisan unsaon ug tuwad. Di magsilbe ang practicality sa mga taw pareho sa ako papa, and in fact I think my kuya shares the same heart and principle over migrating here. They're happy living simple lives.... nabuhi raman pud mi... mas happy pa.

Naa gyuy mga taw nga kutkuton ilang pagkataw sa sobrang pagpakaubos. Naa gyuy mga taw nga isog ug garbo. Ilaha pud na. And when they say they'd be happy living a simple life with dignity intact? Then let them live a simple life and be happy. However, sa mga taw nga mas happy sila nga maka provide ug better food, clothing, nature or education sa ilang mga kids, ilaha pud na. That's their own definition of joy.

Other people's definition of joy might not be like ours, so lain lain gyud tang tanang mga taw. God, i was just talking with my mama and our friend about this... this and that daw... dapat mag-agwanta lang usa karon... kamang gyud sa taman... and I said... well, that's your definition of happiness not mine! I cannot live with no dignity and self-worth because of money and security for a very long time.

Let's talk about statistics... pila man gyud kaha ang population of people doing a job they don't love to do here? Kalimtan ang passion all because of the dollar. Well we forget about our passion even at home too... just to provide for the family... but the dollar has much greater pull... okay ra bisan unsa nga job as long as okay ang compensation... to filipino standards yeap. We all have that passion in life... what we're passionate to do... and some people knows no coercion nor feasibility to pursue theirs.

Honestly, I've actually adapted this kind of maturity, let people be. Kung asa siya happy... kung swack ang iyang life sa iyang definition sa ya happiness... then that's it. We all need to respect other people's choices and we cannot force our principle or personal convictions in life on them, let's all just let ourselves be. Mura naman gud ta naay standard gud, murang "practicality gauge" ba where in fact, not everybody prefers to be practical. Mao na basta naa na ganing mga pinoy magsige batbat about practicality... i always tell them... "well, that's your own definition of happiness, not everybody shares the same" over and over again kay makalagot na kaayo paminawon.

My mother nags about practicality too much... and I dread every word she says everytime. I'm not her! She can't force what she thinks is more important in life on me anymore! Kada yawyaw kay magsige lang pud nuon ko make faces, dili nalang ta motubay... ana pud na siya. Pakamatyan ang amerika kay lisud kuno ang pinas.

OT: sus b ug wala ka diri? hagbay nakong nisutoy sa cebu... kay am one of the very few who'd be happy living a simple life. basta makakaon lang katulo sa usa ka adlaw, makapa eskwela sa mga kids, provide basic needs. Makalabang sa karsada para manginhas sa hunasan malipay na ta. Hinay² lang gud, dili man pud ta kay ingon nga di pud ta kakaon sa pilipinas, lisud pero makaya ra, mabuhi ra. Mo pud ni akong definition sa happiness... and... ako pud ni.

So... for someone who says life abroad is not paradise... his heart is really different from those who say they CAN make abroad a paradise kay naa man gyuy mga taw nga happy gyud abroad... lay regrets... even some never miss home at all.

Naa puy mga taw nga taas ug influence ang practicality sa ilang life. Let me not forget mentioning the 'ambitious' type of pinoys... whom I am very proud of.... pinoys who excel in what they do... naa sa corporate ex... who truly are very successful ba... renowned surgeons and doctors... unsa pa man... any profession basta naa sila sa taas nga position. Yaw ning mga inborn diri kay lahi naman gyud na sila ug gipanukaran... kaning mga pinoys gikan sa atoa nga nanimpalad diri... NANIMPALAD mo gyud nay termino.

And then... there's filipinos... who after trying and feeling abroad first-hand... went home and decided they'll be happier back home. They're not losers, nope they're not. They gave in to honesty... nga dili gyud sila magmalipayon MANIMPALAD sa laing nasud... regardless of money. They're no lesser than the countless of illegal aliens whose hearts are very strong and hard who opted to stay and work bahala na basta naa lay kwarta... nope, they're not. I think there is greater courage when one faces life with no dying love over money. There is more to life than the dollar. There's laughter...... lots of laughter.

^^^ makahilak man sad ta ani....

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 157 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast