Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast

Default Re: Playstation 3 versus Xbox 360 versus Nintendo Revolution

wow!!! this would be the worst case, bills going to kill another properties.

obemon: i agree on you. malay natin, gagawa ng paraan ang company ni bill gates just to pls the costumer. i mean they will provide what we need in xbox360, just to make us satisfy.

darkwing: i dont think so, that micro will doing it again. play safe is what they're doing.

kId: thats y bills is gambling!!!!

playstation 3 rules! psp has the best design than nintendo ds... hehehe

i like nintendo's direction though. their next gen revolution doesn't focus on raw power, but also on other things like power consumption, heat dissipation (xbox360 power supply prob), playability, controller innovation, and new ways to play video games.... it's not all about eye candy for them... they even said they're not positioning the revolution against the xbox 360 and ps3. they said their nintendo revolution will be more of a "second console" in the living room. smart! they might just win the battle... you might get a ps3 or xbox360, but whichever way you'll really want a revolution too... hahay, only time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by starcraft-ghost
    playstation 3 rules! psp has the best design than nintendo ds... hehehe
    if im still a young boy!!! i rather have a nintento, so now im old my beat is ps3. hehehhe!!!

Quote Originally Posted by obemon
    Quote Originally Posted by kamatari
    now bill gates are willing to gamble to the competition.

i have read some info: microsoft is trying to buy some game developer. so that it will doble some of its games.
    Worst comes to worst.. if the Xbox360 doesn't do well in the nex few months, Microsoft will just bundle the Xbox360 together with the release of Windows Vista. Their argument would then be... "the console is vital to the integral operation of the operating system since it provides fun & entertainment to the whole family".Â*

And why won't they diba? They did it to Internet Explorer (to kill Netscape), Windows Media Player (to crush Real Player), MSN/Windows Messenger (to compete with AOL/YAHOO) to gain market share. Hehe Sony na sab mo file og anti-trust case.

Ahhhh.. Life is goodÂ* :mrgreen:

Hello, here's some of my views.
    Microsoft and Yahoo shared together to kill Google or AOL (although I've heard MS is planning to buy AOL but that wasnt confirm), specially their virtual map, now I wasnt sure if you guys tried MSN's virtual earth, although I used google often.

Second, Windows Media player of Microsoft and Real player are now sharing together, last year, Microsoft settled it with Real here in WA. So, Microsoft got shared from real player, that's why you can see some of real program now, it has Windows player as well as an option to kill any software player in the market.

then, Xbo360 is really nice. Although, I used Play station as well. Good thing for xbox is that, their live games. That's all I care about xbox, plus right now, Final fantasy of PS, Microsoft bought the "rights" of that, whichÂ* is not a good thing because FInal fantasy, is purely Play station's big games, well, not anymore. Final fantasy can be playedÂ* on xbox360 live pretty soon. Millions of people subscribed live xbox which you canÂ* play any guys in any countries, and you can talk to them live as well which is so cool. Nintendo, I still like Mario. Nintendo revolutionÂ* is also nice but there just wasn't game that much compare to xbox and PS but their Mario Kart and Mario golf rocks!

Good thing for PS3 is that, it goes up to 7 wireless controller while xbox360 only got 4 wireless controller on it. But think of this, in the future of gaming, xbox will get more games both online and offline, because of what we called "monopoly". Microsoft got lots of money, which is why they bought rights of Final fantasy. Good luck to you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Shamnaraine
    then, Xbo360 is really nice. Although, I used Play station as well. Good thing for xbox is that, their live games. That's all I care about xbox, plus right now, Final fantasy of PS, Microsoft bought the "rights" of that, which is not a good thing because FInal fantasy, is purely Play station's big games, well, not anymore. Final fantasy can be played on xbox360 live pretty soon. Millions of people subscribed live xbox which you can play any guys in any countries, and you can talk to them live as well which is so cool. Nintendo, I still like Mario. Nintendo revolution is also nice but there just wasn't game that much compare to xbox and PS but their Mario Kart and Mario golf rocks!

Good thing for PS3 is that, it goes up to 7 wireless controller while xbox360 only got 4 wireless controller on it. But think of this, in the future of gaming, xbox will get more games both online and offline, because of what we called "monopoly". Microsoft got lots of money, which is why they bought rights of Final fantasy. Good luck to you guys!
    Here's a rough conclusion for this next gen console war....

Xbox360: Todays powerhouse, good infrastructure/user interface, dashboard and focused heavily on being online, Xbox Live, with Marketplace, live arcade, gamer tags and all that crap.
    -No graphical exagerations, they just built the system and showed the audience what it can do

Playstation 3: The powerhouse in a years time. Possibly less friendly online services. focus heavily on technology (Cell Processor, Blu-Ray) and therefore may be like the PS2 which cost heaps at launch.
    -Possibly graphical exageration in early times, final product will be slightly less.

Nintendo Revolution: Lower than Xbox360ish graphics in a years time (No HD support at all apparently). Possibly "free" oldschool nintendo games available online, innovative control style. focusing on affordability and "playability" (new ideas).
    -Graphically Nintendo known to be modest, make it sound worse than it actually is, at least, in contrast to Sony.

sunud ani kai duna nai.. microsofter..(frienster) or.. microspace(myspace)

^^

First off, MOST consoles sell at a loss when they initially launch, the PS2 sold at a loss, the Xbox did, even the Dreamcast did, this is normal as the hardware manufacturers (Sony, MS, etc.) try to get as many people to buy their console so they can develop a solid base to sell games to, assuming they sold enough consoles they can then regain their losses by selling games. Yes it's a risk, but it's a risk that all console manufacturers should take. When the PS3 comes out you can bet its going to cost at least $100 (most probably more) to manufacture compared to its retail price.

Microsoft did not buy the rights to Final Fantasy, A company like Square Enix would never go all exclusive on the Xbox specially when most of their fan base will probably stick to the PS3. Japanese game developers are wary of anything non-Japanese (and so are the gamers) and MS is as non-Japanese as they come. Any notion of Microsoft having a monopoly over consoles is just silly, on the contrary Sony / the PS2 has a stranglehold on the current generation, and plenty of people are expecting the same with the PS3. Microsoft has the right to acquire / buy any gaming studio that makes itself available (they brought in Rare a few years back, Bungie too) but there is no one developer / studio that will automatically make MS dominate the console wars.

Regarding the PS3 being gajillions more powerful than the 360, check out this hands-on article over at Kikizo, apparently some of their writers got to try a dev-kit of the PS3 : http://games.kikizo.com/news/200602/065_p1.asp

The article is lengthy, but here's a snip :
    The hands-on evidence is beginning to mount up. We're talking about a machine barely superior to Xbox 360 - not by any significant margin. It's certainly obvious this machine is not "twice" as powerful as 360, let alone a generational leap ahead. But the gap could become bigger: "Realistically, as libraries and experience with both machines grow, I think the PS3 will start showing things the 360 will choke at," offers the source. "But Sony will have to make available to us libraries and new routines for that to happen - something they've been severely lacking at so far."
    Ken Kutaragi always spews up crazy hype whenever Sony has a new console, Some of us still remember the empty promises he made with the PS2 and it's 'Emotion Engine' which will supposedly bring photo-realism in games to new heights..pfft, look how that turned out. Now he's talking about going 'True-HD', and their machine being a 'generational leap' over the Xbox 360, but as you can see from the article above, that's simply not the case. Sony's been having a lot of problems in creating the PS3, the console will probably even be delayed, judging from how things are going, Sony's not guaranteed to take the throne this time out.

Labeling Nintendo as a "kid's" gaming company is so 90's , sure they make games that appeal to a lot of kids and some of their games are 'family-friendly', most people think this probably because of the crazy success of Pokemon back in the days, as well as games like Nintendogs and such. What matters is Nintendo knows how to make games that are fun, that's why they have a small but very loyal fan base. They are not afraid to innovate either, While Sony and MS are constantly wrestling for the title of having 'the most powerful console', Nintendo realizes that it isn't all about hardware / graphical prowess alone, that can only get you so far. Instead they're taking a different direction and actually INNOVATING instead of just having a PS2 / Xbox that can do a lot more processing power.

I'm most excited about the Revolution and the possibilities that it can bring to gaming. Sure it looks gimmicky at first, but that's what I thought about the Nintendo DS too, until the DS whupped the PSP's ass. The PSP is a lot more powerful than the DS and yes, it's damn sexy, but what games are available for it? Another Need for Speed? Some generic RPG / Action / Sports game? Ugh, Those games have been on consoles and PC's for ages. The DS on the other hand has games that aren't possible on other platforms (except for the PC maybe), and therefore delivers a fresh gaming experience. And that's exactly what the Revolution will be bringing with it when it's released, innovation that will hopefully revive an industry that's been floundering due to countless "me-too" games and sequels.

Right On! That's makes 2 (me & chronnus) for Nintendo hehehe... Once you get older like me, i just dont care too much about eye candy anymore... I mean it's just a video game.... When you're like 30 if it's fun to play then it's worth it... And it seems like i can have most fun with the Revolution's concept...

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast