Page 5 of 188 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: BJJ / GRAPPLING OPEN CLUB CEBU

chocomai, join ko ani nga group ha (6-7 members raman kaha masolod). m not very good YET but m willing to practice and learn with u guys. i have gracie juijitsu basics to advance videos but i havent practiced them because of lack of place and sparring partners. weekends wud be great.

where did you get your videos jimi? gkan nang justin? or didto na sa yawyan?

actually bro jimi_b, kani nga place ako man ta ni i offer ni justin pagamit sauna pero wla ma dayon kay naa koy lain gi gamitan sa lugar last year.

apil ka bro. no problem. hehehe, pila ka ka sessions didto ilang justin bro?

6 ra kay once a week raman ko ato

Sorry for not replying sooner guys. I didn't expect this much attention to the topic, which is good news.

I will be staying here in Cebu for quite a while.(years)

I am willing to share all that i know. Including the instructional videos that i have.

Hope we could find a place with mats that we could use at least once a week,

I will be starting to work nxt week but im very eager to train with u guys at my free time at least once a week.

I live in Lahug.

i've read some earlier posts

we don't have to buy "made-to-order foam mats

we could do well with rubber puzzle mats. familiar?

its like those that babies learn to walk on. But there's a kind that is bigger and thicker. 1meter by 1meter. Costs 500 per piece brand new in manila.

i bet we could get it here for as low as 200-250 a piece for second hand ones. if we could find some. i suggest we who are interested should chip in for the equipment and then maybe have future members chip in a very small amount for the equal distribution of the cost of the equipment

rubber puzzle mats are easy to transport and setup. can be used for both striking and grappling. your feet doesnt dig into the mat

ive rolled in such mats for 2 yrs no problem and its very realistic. as close to a real ground surface as u can get without hurting urself

go ahead and organize u guys. hope to roll with you guys soon.

Ok About the numbers of members Â*we must limit to 6-7 people beacuse we have to submit chocomai as the place owner and I think we need to have like elders to manage the practis.

every member must Â*comply the Â*basic things like fundings, attedance and what ever needed as a support in Â*equaly or else he/she is not qualify Â*to this group. thanks that we chocomai and the rest of us will help..... anyway this all a sggestion.

what are the basic things to do:
    as we all see the place we have to clean or may be paint it build the place what ever we can do to make good place to practis....

Saturday im availble early morning. at noon we have airsoft games in Coral reef.

Head count (to see where we are)

1. student_10 24m Lahug

yah, i know that coz we bought mats like that ruber mat, in SM i think now is more than five hundred but thats harder than a COMPACT Foam,,,, i have design Â*with this compact foam that will not move from each other simply put a magic strap underneath also easy to file and transport, specialy in cleaning time ....but any way what is agreed to group then it would be good.

rock and roll

2. jIrIcO 31m Lapu-lapu City " Batang Duljo-Pasil"

@Jirico

I suggest we minimize the costs at the start. Maybe clean the place up and put mats, the basics. Then we add what we need/want along the way.

Regarding elders, unless they will participate, i dont think we need them to watch over us (no disrespect intended) but i do believe minors should be accompanied by their guardians.

I wish everyone will agree with me that this club will be one where we are all equals, no superior, no subordinates, no pressure, just a couple of grapplers sharpening their skills through each other on their mutual free time.

If chocomai is indeed willing to accomodate grapplers at his preffered time and day, it is very generous and should be appreciated

lets sign up our names profiles and locations so we know somewhat about each other.

TROUBLE-MAKERS ARE NOT WELCOME. -if you ask me.

11.    Advertisement

Page 5 of 188 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast