Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Stamp Collection

just curious dude. how'd you got yourself into philately? i got some stuffs you might wanna check out. unfortunately, i'm not up for trading nor selling them.

Default Stamp Collection

@Annais:

Im a "Pack-Rat" man god. I collect things since i was a little boy. I collect coins, paper bills, seeds, leaves, plants(cactus, euphorbia & colleous), wine bottles, stamps, inspiring stories, recipes, stones (sui seki), bonsia, candy wrappers, transport tickets (bus, ship, planes)... og daghan pa.

And dont forget, i am a "Jack of All Trades".

Their was a time that i focussed on bonsai, wherein i with my brother go to the mountains to get some bonsia media. There was also some times that my wife and i would go to a Euphorbia collector and buy some for our collection. And sometimes, i go to my mother to inspect her all-stuff bags for some old coin.

I already have a few stamps from my highscholl project in 1993. Last May of 2004, my cousin from Hongkong gave me a packet of Hongkong stamps. She just taugth i might like them. And i did! I tried to locate my old stamps, bought a stamp album, and mounted the old and the new stamps i received in the album. It was very fascinating to me!

*By June 2004, i started collecting stamps from my officemates with husbands and relatives working abroad. So i got some.
    *I had checked the internet for possible stamps exchange/trade with other collectors from around the world. So i did. So i got somemore stamps.
    *Via internet, I came across with stamp collectors who are also phone card collectors. I sent them phonecards in exchange of stamps. So i got somemore stamps from other countries.
    *I showed and traded my stamps to Guinevere (an iStoryan), i was late but it was a successful trading. *HahayLyp (an iStoryan) also sent me a lot of stamps she collected from her friends.
    *Now, D'Monyita (my iStoryan Mother Dee), will be giving me some stamps from Estonia.
    *And because some people just give me free stamps, i also give free stamps to other local collectors i know.
    *Via internet, I've also came across with a cigarette pack collector who's willing to send stamps for some cigarette packs. So i got somemore and more stamps from other countries.
    *Just recently, im collecting wrappers of candies, chocolates, and chewing gums so that i can exchange them with stamps from other countries.
    *... and so my Stamp collection is increasing.
    *Naa sa'y gagmay nga paltus tradings/exchanges. Kanang makapadala ko sa gawas, unya dili sila mobawos. Charge to experience nalang. Its part of the hobby actually. But i had them blacklisted in some collectors' websites.
    *my technique is very simple. Im just letting the whole world know that i collect stamps. ...Plain and simple!

Mas mo-increase pa jud kung ang imong stamps diha imong ihatag nako. He-he-he! Gae ko diha beh! Anystamps will do. Ako lang pick-up kung asa nimo gusto pa-pick up. Pwede?

Default Stamp Collection

whoa! sounds like you already have a huge collection... mine is in various stages of framing. some have already been framed. my unfinished project is a collage, a world map out of the stamps. i wanted my collection to be displayed. it's really tiring to put them all together in albums... arranging is another. how do you arrange them anyway?

oh another question. how do you extract the stamps from the envelope they've been stick on to?

Default Stamp Collection

Dili baya... gamay pa man kaayo ni akong collection. Gamay pa jud. Gipang-album lang ni nako aron ma-safekeep ba. Nya nag-set jud ko og one album for all Philippines stamps nako which is puno na. And one also for all USA stamps.

My albums are very small man sad god maong dali ra kaayo mapuno. Tag-P68.50 ra god akong palit ani. Just look at the price, kung unsa kabarato, mao sad na kagamay ang album. Naa nako'y 4 small albums. Although ni-suggest si Guenevere nga kana jud album nga dako og nindot ang palito. Pero wala man god ko enough budget para ani. Ang iyang album kay nindot kaayo. Suya gani ko.

If you collect stamps, i dont advice you to put them on collage. Pasting them using glue or other adhesive will decrease the value of your stamps. I suggest, you place them on an album jud. But if you really like to frame them forming a collage, go on. After all, we call this a hobby. A hobby should always make the hobbyest happy! (sakto ba ang spelling sa hobbyest?)

My stamps are arrange by countries. See my posting above dated Nov. 11, 2004. Mao na akong guide for country classification.

Now... removing the stamps from the envelop... apila og gunting ang papel ng gipilitan ana dayon i-soak sa tubig aron muhomok ang papel ng gipilitan. Kung humok na ang papel, hinayhinay og tangtang ang papel. Limpyo na imong stamps.

If you have more inquiries about Stamp Collecting, post it here lang. I'll try to answer them.

Default Stamp Collection

Ooooppsss...

I forgot to tell you diay, naay available nga Collectible Philatelic Stamps sa mga post office. These are different from the usual stamps for mailing. They sell these to primarily to collectors. Mas nindot og mas unique ni sila kaysa ordinary mailing stamps. Prices are at P1 to P22 man siguro to.

Try calling your postoffice for more info. Kung wala sa inyong postoffice, naa sa Central Post Office sa Aduana Bldg in Plaza Independencia.

Default Stamp Collection

yung mga commemorative stamps that they sell sa post office? those are the kinds that i put on my album. yung nasa collage are duplicates of the stamps that i've already put on the album. i do it by country, then by date then by amount... and i don't use glue and any other adhesive. i use the gum sa stamps mismo. para if i change my mind about the entire collage or i see the i may not be able to finish it, i'd soak the entire thing sa water...

invest in one big album.. if you keep many albums, mawala unya ang isa or duha, sakit baya jud sa heart.

another question. how do you determine the value of your stamps?

Default Stamp Collection

...About your one-album suggestion... i'll think about it.

Value of Stamps... as of now, i'm not really looking at the value of my stamps. I just collect them and collect somemore. Basta lang nalingaw ko'g kolekta, malingaw ra man sad ko'ng magtan-aw aning mga stamps in the albums. Although in my mind, this collection might be very valuable in the years to come.

Collect some... and collect somemore lang jud! Who knows, basin mao ni makapa-millionaryo nato. He-he-he!

Pero importante jud ng Malingaw ta sa atong gibuhat!

Default Stamp Collection

Just an info.
    For those who might wanted to trade something to other countries in exchage of stamps, here is a table of International Mailing Rates

INTERNATIONAL POSTAGE RATES
    Weight in Grams-----------ZONE 1-----------ZONE 2-----------ZONE 3-----------ZONE 4
    Up to 20g--------------------17.00-------------21.00-------------22.00--------------23.00
    21 - 50-----------------------35.00-------------43.00-------------46.00--------------48.00
    51 - 100----------------------61.00-------------78.00-------------84.00--------------87.00
    101 - 250-------------------143.00------------184.00-----------201.00-------------207.00
    251 - 500------------------278.00------------360.00-----------393.00-------------406.00
    501 - 1000-----------------549.00-------------713.00----------779.00-------------805.00
    1001 - 1500----------------820.00----------1,065.00--------1,165.00-----------1,205.00
    1501 - 2000--------------1,091.00----------1,418.00--------1,552.00-----------1,604.00

ZONE 1 - Asia and Pacific Countries
    ZONE 2 - Middle East and Pacific Countries
    ZONE 3 - Europe, North America and U.S. possessions
    ZONE 4 - Africa, Central/South America/The Carribean

----------------

I have sent a mail of cigarette packs to Argentina weighing 140grams. Since Argentina is in South America, my mailing rate will be under Zone 4; And 140grams is under bracket 101-150grams, so i paid exactly P201.00 at the post office.

...this table is very useful to me.

Default Stamp Collection

halu! halu! halu!

I got a mail at the post office yesterday. Its from my trading correspondent in Brazil.
    ...og ang sulod sa iyang mail... STAMPS! STAMPS! STAMPS!

Daghan nga stamps from Brazil, about 175pcs. He-he-he!

STAMPS! STAMPS! STAMPS!

I sent him 30 pcs empty cigarette packs; and he sent me 175pcs Brazilian stamps. Ha-ha-ha-ha!

STAMPS! STAMPS! STAMPS!

Default Stamp Collection

...pahabol...!

Hello to other iStoryan Stamps Collectors!

i've sent packs of cigarette to 3 person in Argentina already. And there are two additional cigarette packs collector who are willing to send STAMPS in exchange for cigarette packs of our country.

Is there anybody here who might want to send empty cigarette packs to and recieve Stamps from Argentina? I can forward you their emails and tell them that you will be the one to send the packs and recieve the stamps.
    Trust me, dili jud ka maarkanse ani nga exchange. Our exchange ratio is 5 stamps for every 1 cigarette pack. 50pcs cigarette packs would cost you around P87 - P207 via ordinary mail. (See the Postage Table above) And for that, you will recieve at least 250pcs Stamps (50x5). Nya, kung maka-timing ka'g galante ng collector, pasubraan pa jud na nila.

Just PM me if you're interested; or email me at stamps4bob@yahoo.com.

11.    Advertisement

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast