Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Verbal-linguistic Intelligence

Verbal-linguistic Intelligence

This area has to do with words, spoken or written. People with high verbal-linguistic intelligence display a facility with words and languages. They are typically good at reading, writing, telling stories and memorizing words along with dates. They tend to learn best by reading, taking notes, listening to lectures, and discussion and debate. They are also frequently skilled at explaining, teaching and oration or persuasive speaking. Those with verbal-linguistic intelligence learn foreign languages very easily as they have high verbal memory and recall, and an ability to understand and manipulate syntax and structure.

This intelligence is highest in writers, lawyers, philosophers, journalists, politicians, poets, and teachers.

Default Logical-Mathematical Intelligence

Logical-Mathematical Intelligence

This area has to do with logic, abstractions, reasoning, and numbers. While it is often assumed that those with this intelligence naturally excel in mathematics, chess, computer programming and other logical or numerical activities, a more accurate definition places emphasis on traditional mathematical ability and more reasoning capabilities, abstract patterns of recognition, scientific thinking and investigation, and the ability to perform complex calculations. It correlates strongly with traditional concepts of "intelligence" or IQ.

Career's which suit those with this intelligence include scientists , mathematicians, engineers, doctors and economists.

Default Naturalistic Intelligence

Naturalistic Intelligence

This area has to do with nature, nurturing and relating information to one's natural surroundings. This type of intelligence was not part of Gardner's original theory of Multiple Intelligences, but was added to the theory in 1997. Those with it are said to have greater sensitivity to nature and their place within it, the ability to nurture and grow things, and greater ease in caring for, taming and interacting with animals. They may also be able to discern changes in weather or similar fluctuations in their natural surroundings. They are also good at recognizing and classifying different species. They must connect a new experience with prior knowledge to truly learn something new.

"Naturalists" learn best when the subject involves collecting and analyzing, or is closely related to something prominent in nature; they also don't enjoy learning unfamiliar or seemingly useless subjects with little or no connections to nature. It is advised that naturalistic learners would learn more through being outside or in a kinesthetic way.

The theory behind this intelligence is often criticized, much like the spiritual or existential intelligence (see below), as it is seen by many as not indicative of an intelligence but rather an interest. However, it remains an indispensable intelligence for humans who live almost entirely from nature such as some native populations.

Careers which suit those with this intelligence include scientists, naturalists, conservationists, gardeners and farmers.Also some other careers can be a forest ranger or a wildlife guide for hunters.Also you could learn how to hunt and kill animals instead of just nurturing for the animals.

Default Musical Intelligence

Musical Intelligence

This area has to do with rhythm, music, and hearing. Those who have a high level of musical-rhythmic intelligence display greater sensitivity to sounds, rhythms, tones, and music. They normally have good pitch and may even have absolute pitch, and are able to sing, play musical instruments, and compose music. Since there is a strong auditory component to this intelligence, those who are strongest in it may learn best via lecture. In addition, they will often use songs or rhythms to learn and memorize information, and may work best with music playing in the background.

Careers that suit those with this intelligence include instrumentalists, singers, conductors, disc-jockeys, orators, writers (to a certain extent) and composers.

Blog Entries
    The highest intelligence to cultivate is WISDOM according to Hermes Tresmigestus

nice read, up for this...this kind of thread nindot basahon og soportahan cos we can learn something from it. Dili pod over ang pag explain sakto ra nga masabtan.

on topic...so kining mga psychic powers are considered nga obos sa Intelligences?

Blog Entries
    if pareha ni Mathilda ok ra kaau haha

Blog Entries
    pwede nang telepathy para makabasa ta sa gihuna-hunaan sa uban ba,, labina if manguyabay pa ta,, para hibaw-an daan ba kung sugtunon ba ta o bastedunon,,hahaha

I shall say there is...

customer: i'm thinking of a number between 1-10.

psychic: uhm, 8?

customer: no, higher.

psychic: 9?

customer: yes!

psychic: of course, i'm a psychic!

^^ this is the approach used by the istoryan psychics here.

hay, if such a power exists daghan nakadaug sa lotto ron! promise! and please don't give me any of that "i'm responsible" BS or a "i don't need the money".

sharo sa tanan psychics sa kalibutan you expect me to believe TANAN ninyo buotan? c'mon! get real!

11.    Advertisement

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast