Page 5 of 157 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: Life abroad is not paradise.

For me oks lang anad na ko lived here 28 years. I can complain about it too but definitely better. Dual citizenship i have not considered it. Have you?

hmmm... if mka adjust cguro ka..

Im goin to Florida maybe next year (sana madayon) diha nana mahibaw-an

kita kits japon dri sa istorya...

naa man gud ang kalisud bisan asa ta paingon. kon naa pa sab ko diha sa ato lisud lang gihapon. gamay ra man gud akong sweldo, di paigo nga itabang sa akong aging parents. layo tuod ang akong mga ginikanan ug mga igsoon, pero mas makahatag man ko ug tabang nila nga nia ko diri. pag-gikan nako diha, wa man gud ko mag expect nga paradise ang akong padulngan, for me it's my ultimate sacrifice to be away from my beloved homeland but being able to provide my family a better life back home is a big reward.

True!! Deretsahan pagka sulte alaot jud ang pamilya esp kadtong mga minyu kay daghan kaayo temtasyun..i myself witnessed a lot here and sad to see and hear nga dle lang kay na T.O.A (TRANSFER OF AFFECTION) sila sa uban..ang pinaka pait kay na T.O.A. nga TRANSFER OF ACCOUNT pajud....

^^ yup daghan ing ana nga stories. nakakita ang uban ug lain when families become separated to work abroad. I even know a friend who was away from the husband and kids for a long time and she came to the States to work while nasa petition stage pa iyang family. Then maga-uli na lang siya sa Pinas to visit them. Finally, naka abot na iyang family dire - husband and two teenage kids a boy and a girl. And they've been separated since bata pa mga bata. The truth of the matter is, pag-abot dire they were having family problems. The wife feels mas okay siya when the family was not here. The husband feels mas okay pa sila ug mga bata when they were back home. Karon nga magka uban na sila tanan, pimi na nuon mag-away and the kids dont like their mom. they were having lots of family adjustments all over again kay mga bata daku na. the dad understands the kids better since nagdaku sa iya ang mga bata. Then, they were thinking of moving out and looking for another place to stay. the dad will take the kids with him. the kids also prefer to be with the dad while the mom thinks its better mag divorce na lang sila. So this is one of the many scenarios that happens when families become separated. Naa sab uban naka petition na pero nakakita na ug lain, e petition lang gihapon ang wife/husband para lang maka abot ug Amerika pag-abot dire e divorce ra later on. Daghan gyud situations. this is just a few. So life abroad is not paradise in a lot of ways but people keep going abroad anyway. The population of filipinos leaving for abroad is unbelievable.

.....IMHO...Dont get Married for a wrong Reason. If things wont work, it'lll Snowballed - "Bigtime".

So true ni nga statement lisod baya ngadto labi na if you really have to work hard and earn hard...I was given a chance before to see this kind of life but I feel lonely and homesick so I go home to Pinas yes in terms of infrastructure and technology and progressiveness lau ra ta but there is no place like home jud...pero hinuon sa pagbalance raman sad nimo ug adjustment sa ilang way of life...I won't say I'm closing my doors in going abroad or living there permanently guess I still need to find a place where I could get comfortable with and make a new life in there...as of now I'm pretty contented with my life here since I've get to see a glimpse of life abroad...

para nako sad, mas nindot gyud diha sa ato kung naa kay maayong trabaho o negosyo nga makasupport sa imong pamilya.sa america tinuod mas ok ang imong standard of living but u have to work so hard that sometimes u dont have a life anymore its like 90% work 10% na lang ang imong personal life,kay daghan kaayong bayranan,very stressful kaayo,compare diha nga easy living,layback kaayo.like what some of u already said,kung kontento ka sa imong lifestyle,ur good and will have a average or maybe poor but happy life.the most important thing is if ur happy,daghan tuod kang kuarta pero ang imong life is not a happy one,still u loose.(think about it).

@nocram: That is so true. I also notice Filipinos here pud, the higher their monthly income is the bigger their house, the more expensive their vehicles, thus mortgage is of course higher (although nice nga investment and probably is gonna pay off eventually, depende lang gyud sa diskarte). What I'm saying is, how much do you really need to make to live without financial stress?

I know a family in Frederick, Maryland... $750,000 ang worth sa ilang balay. The husband is working at a grocery store, the wife is working at BB&T bank. And I can just imagine how much they're paying for their mortgage and pila ra ila income, plus their two school kids pa. Mo nang, permi apiki kay ighuman bayad sa tanang gastuunon kay hapit na buslot ang bulsa. Although I can really see the logic behind forcing in getting a big house kay mo appreciate man gyud ang value, pero living each month nga punga-punga permi, (dili na gani kauli sa Pilipinas), is really hard. Mo nang dili gyud maparaiso ang abroad para sa uban. Sahay sobraan ka "right-now" gusto dali madatu...

Constant financial stress can often result sa health... so there's nothing any better than saving up some money to go home to the Philippines and go on a vacation. Promote gyud sa? Para maboom pud ato country. Teheh.

Quote Originally Posted by Spec-V
    .....IMHO...Dont get Married for a wrong Reason. If things wont work, it'lll Snowballed - "Bigtime".

Exactly you'll just feel so miserable and regrets comes later. Sometimes its a higher price you pay for sacrificing your own happiness and you are correct to say the snowball effect might even be worse.

11.    Advertisement

Page 5 of 157 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast