Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

i dont know if part ni dri nga thread..

any lens care tips?

i've googled but also want tips from people here.. salamat

maayo nalang kay ang akong gipalitan ug lens, ni advice na magbasa ko sa forums ug mu sign up, i learned a lot. This girl is on fire =)

thank god this forum exist...mga bisaya pa jd and mo share jd bsan sa pinaka basic..keep it up guys..still learning some more tips..

naa bay "avoiding fungus" tips specifically for philippine climate? dli man kaau applicable gud ang mga ghatag ni google. if there is such a thread please redirect me. too lazy to search again. tanx!

Blog Entries
    @mogul, to avoid fungus, even if you have a dry box/cabinet, let the sun through your lens at least once every 2 weeks. Nothing kills fungus better than the rays of the sun. What I do is I remove all lens covers and literally let the sunlight go through and hit everything inside the lens. I do this for about a minute or two each side, through the front and back elements of the lens. Close to noon time is best.

@BeoR yes, could not afford dry box cabins.. I tried it over my non-L's over the weekend. im seeing improvement. haha. is this also applicable to body mirror/sensor? I was thinking of getting swabs and do the UV thing since cleanup in canon service center was a bit pricey.

anyway, thank you very much sir for the tip! really helpful (should be stickied: gear care tips for humid tropical climates)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mogul View Post
    @BeoR yes, could not afford dry box cabins.. I tried it over my non-L's over the weekend. im seeing improvement. haha. is this also applicable to body mirror/sensor? I was thinking of getting swabs and do the UV thing since cleanup in canon service center was a bit pricey.

anyway, thank you very much sir for the tip! really helpful (should be stickied: gear care tips for humid tropical climates)
    Yup, it is applicable to everything actually. Just don't do it directly over the sensor for long periods as this can damage the photo cells. You may take photos of the sun and it should have the same effect. Add an ND in front to make it safer for your sensor.

Local humidity reading is usually at 50++% to 60++% (as indicated by a Hygrometer) than what our lenses should be subjected to (40% to 50%) specially when it is not in use for several days. Using silica in camera bags or storage cases can help reduce the moisture level but one must reheat the silica when it is already saturated to remove the moisture so you can reuse the silica again. One can get silica from pet supplies at a cheaper price (Metro Ayala grocery used to have 1 gallon of silica, I'm not updated kung sige pa sila baligya). One must avoid is to place lenses or cameras inside a plastic bag or an air tight container without fresh or non-saturated silica after every use. Without silica or a dessicant and air circulation, moisture cannot escape from the lens. Moving from warmer to cooler environment will also cause condensation of moisture in air, trapped moisture inside lenses is the start of fungus problems. A 48 hour period with enough silica is a good start to reduce moisture. White silica will start to turn yellow or dull its color when saturated with moisture. Some silica have color indicator like blue when fresh and becomes pink when saturated. It is also good to lay down lenses on their side when drying.

The good news now is a 46 liters auto dry cabinet is available locally (like this one 046A Liters RT-48C Auto Dry Box | Eureka DryTech) at an affordable price (for most dslr and lens owners). If one already invested much on camera and lenses, the P6 to P7k price for a dry cabinet is not that expensive anymore. At that size of dry box, one can fit a lot of lenses and camera bodies in it with low power consumption (rated 4Watts) and it will turn off itself when the desired humidity is reached. Spending that money for a dry cabinet to prevent moisture related problems is value for money than cleaning lenses and fixing electronics from time to time.

newbie question. for third party lenses ba, say a tamron 70-300 canon mount, pwede ni siya magamit for nikon nya ilisan lang ug mount?

Quote Originally Posted by kok3n View Post
    newbie question. for third party lenses ba, say a tamron 70-300 canon mount, pwede ni siya magamit for nikon nya ilisan lang ug mount?
    pwede butangan ug adaptr. not sure if maka-AF ka. better have tamron lens built for nkon sir.

btw ang VC na xa? I have a VC version of 70-300 for nikon if you're interested. PM lang nya.

11.    Advertisement

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast