Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Things I could say when planning to work in Japan: (Ginagmay nalang ni ako ky murag nasulti na gud sa uban. So working and living nalang dd2 )

1. It's a must if you'd know how to speak, read and write Nihongo. I guess everyone knows most Japanese knows little english. It is for your own good. hahaha..
    2. Food is quite different there, so be prepared nalang. (But i love their ramen.. num num)
    3. Work-wise, workaholic ang mga Japanese, they won't mind giving off extra (way way extra) time for work so probably you'll be expected to do the same.
    4. There is a possibility that you'd get to walk a lot, and ride trains a lot.
    5. PagAndam sa mga prices there. Mahal tanAwn ila mga presyo. I remember, a bottle of coke is around 120Yen. Mahal ang lifestyle sa Japan, so be prepared to spend wisely pud.
    6. Going up or down the escalator, if moBarog raka, stay on the left side (left side ba2 or right hehe kalimot nako).
    7. Be polite. Kay hapit pud tanang tao didto kay polite.
    8. Murag la ko kakita og sari-sari store didto, so yaw nalang pangita. Pero daghan og vending machines didto. Kargado noon, drinks ang gibaligya og cigarettes(need diay og ID una ka kapalit for cigarettes)
    9. If nahan ka og gadgets.. go to akibahara, daghan gadgets didto.. heheh..
    10. If fan ka ni hachiko go to shibuya. Naa xa park ngadto.
    11. Learn to use chopsticks dili man ana ka scary ang chopstick, you'll get used to it in no time.
    12. Be on time. Dili applicable ang Filipino time didto.

Mao rman guro ako masulti..

Quote Originally Posted by Maikeru View Post
    [*]Going up or down the escalator, if moBarog raka, stay on the left side (left side ba2 or right hehe kalimot nako).[*]Be polite. Kay hapit pud tanang tao didto kay polite.
    Not entirely true. Depends on which city of Japan you are staying.

In Tokyo, more likely people are gonna be rude. If you're taking the escalator, you should always take the left side. Why? Because Tokyo is historically known for being a city of Samurais. The samurai always wear their swords on the left so if you take the right side with a blade with you, someone is more likely going to hit your blade, causing duels (because people there are egotistical, no offense)

In Osaka, people are more polite because its a city of merchants

So if you wonder why people snub you so much or don't act politely towards you in Japan, you only need to look which city you are at.

I think living in Japan kay lingaw kay totally different jud sa ato, when pa kayha ko maka work sa Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by personalmgt View Post
    Not entirely true. Depends on which city of Japan you are staying.

In Tokyo, more likely people are gonna be rude. If you're taking the escalator, you should always take the left side. Why? Because Tokyo is historically known for being a city of Samurais. The samurai always wear their swords on the left so if you take the right side with a blade with you, someone is more likely going to hit your blade, causing duels (because people there are egotistical, no offense)

In Osaka, people are more polite because its a city of merchants

So if you wonder why people snub you so much or don't act politely towards you in Japan, you only need to look which city you are at.
    At the time of my stay there (i stayed in yokohama), kalimot q if paLeft ba to or paRight ba ka if barog raka sa escalator... kay para makaagi ang mga nagDali.. dunno with the place you stayed though if ana ba pud.

I'm not sure with the samurais in tokyo though, been there few times, I haven't encountered one though.. la lang guro q katiming ana.

and as i've said "[*]Be polite. Kay hapit pud tanang tao didto kay polite." I didn't say all of 'em. but regardless if dili polite ang uban tao dd2, it is wise if you're going to be polite than be a *****.

nice... ahaha...

right side is for people in a hurry... so if you walk slow then stay on the left side... osaka has their own akihabara... forgot the name of the place though... if you know where to look, you can find cheap things (probably everyday things) food in japan is ok if you know where to look (kanang dli mga sushi/sashimi kinds ba) japanese are very strict about time... sometimes magovertime ka... sometimes dli... ilang overtime grabeh kaau in terms of time needed and the overtime rate they give you... benefits are better than the philippines XD (earning 7 m annual here XD excluding my health benefits and bonuses) nihonggo is needed to live here but not really needed to work (working for a company owned by a foreigner, naa na daghan dri) and sakto si Maikeru just be polite... doesn't mean dli sila magpolite nimo dli sad ka magpolite... (timingan gani ka og yakuza paksit ka) overall if your working here jd, weigh lang ang compensation if kaya ra ba sa imong life style...

my dear aunt works in japan for 20 long years now..
    dd2 na sya nagka family.
    nice e try work dre dahh kay ako ante dghan og kuarta prmi..
    mura'g di mahubsan..
    hehe..

nice pd kaau maka experience sa ila culture ba..
    challenge kaau.

matud pang pokwang..
    "japan..japan..sagot sa kahirapan"..
    hehe..

akong miga nga si xtin nga istoryan pd kay dre nag work..
    IT sya dha sa Japan!

kinsay mga japayuki diri share sad mo mga sis

Default Re: Working in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by eilrach View Post
    I think I know that foundation sir.. they sent some trainees sa japan, they call it as part of the training program daw.. I already applied on that foundation, but sad to say, wala ko ni padayun kay daghan sila kakulian karon.. the government wanted them to change from a foundation to agency..well, enough of it.. since dili man jud na mao ang issue ngari...

TS, if you really want to work in Japan, sakto jud ang g.ingon ni pep. coz, gamit man jud ang nihonggo ngadto sa ilaha, just like what he said na during mo palit ka sa ilang store, dapat man jud mag.nihonggo ka.. ^_^ so, study nalang daan karon...

And, naa sad d.i way para maka balik ka og work sa japan, kana kung didto naka gikan ha.. mo apply daw ka atong ilang engineering na exam to be able to work in japan as an engineer. mao na g.ingon sa ako cousin na didto gikan..

And in terms ug sweldo, nice jud kuno kaau ang japan.. naa ra daw na nimo kung mag.tigom jud ka.. coz, ang ako lang cousin naka tukod man cya ug nindot na balay here, plus pa jud business for 3 years niya stay didto... goodluck ts... ^_^
    hello masters... unsa d.i ning "Engineering Exam" sa japan? where can we acquire this thing to take an exam for this?...
    Last edited by mikebox2011; 03-02-2011 at 11:24 PM. Reason: to add-up a message

11.    Advertisement

Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast