Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Default Re: No TV Day

The best way to do this is for TV broadcast networks to cooperate and agree not to air on specific dates. It's not feasible for them business wise but somehow it would be very effective, if not the most, for a no TV day.

Another way is for NTC itself to rule over and disallow TV stations to air on specific dates.

Default Re: No TV Day on March 29! Switch off your tubes :-P

this coming saturday, March 29, its No TV Day

I support this. I already convinced my daughter to forgo for a day her Animax.

Quote Originally Posted by catch
    anything that includes the tube
    CRT monitors are also tubes. Lucky I got an LCD. Whew!

this should be easy, because i haven't had a tv for about 3 years and haven't watched tv since then i have a tv tuner but i also haven't used it lol

this is cool, i support this. anyways, most of the tv shows suck.

no tv in a day is okay for me but more than that makes me hehehe ...

no tv day mura ug lisod coz after a day's work it's my way of relaxing by watching tv at night, also if you were not able to read the newspaper for the day at least you watch tv for news.

On 29 March 2008 the Philippines will join countries around the world as we literally "turn the lights out" for Earth Hour - an event that will fuel awareness on climate change and prove that when the people of the world work together, they can make a difference in the fight against global warming.

Earth Hour will take place throughout the Philippines from 8 to 9 in the evening on Saturday night, 29 March 2008. WWF invites you to participate by shutting off lights for 60 minutes, organizing your own "lights-out" event or by forwarding this mail to your friends, workmates and family.

Launched in Australia on the 31st of March 2007, Earth Hour moved 2.2 million people and 2100 businesses in Sydney to turn off their lights for one hour. This massive collective effort reduced the city ' s energy consumption by 10.2% for one hour. With Sydney icons like the Harbour Bridge and Opera House turning their lights off and unique events such as weddings by candlelight, the world took notice. Inspired by the collective effort of millions of Sydneysiders, many major global cities are joining Earth Hour in 2008, turning a symbolic event into a global movement.

YOUR participation will go a long way in spreading the message that we, as individual droplets working collectively - can create an impetus far more powerful than the mightiest of rivers. For more information, log on to the WWF Earth Hour page at: www.earthhour.org.

If you want to learn more about how else you can help make Earth Hour in the Philippines a success, reply to this email or drop us a line at (632) 920-7931, (632) 920-7923, or (632)920-7926

Quote Originally Posted by winks
    no tv day mura ug lisod coz after a day's work it's my way of relaxing by watching tv at night, also if you were not able to read the newspaper for the day at least you watch tv for news.
    at least turn your lights off for an hour... ok na cguro na.

11.    Advertisement

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast