Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chad_tukes
    my definition of miracle is simple. everyday that i live and breathe is a miracle. the fact that my body is capable of using an organ down to a single cell for my body to function is a miracle. but in relation to this thread, the miracle i'm talking about is defined as those that exhibit unusual phenomena that are claimed to be works of a "divine" entity.
    that's your own meaning, but if you consult Webster, miracle means...

1 : an extraordinary event manifesting divine intervention in human affairs
    2 : an extremely outstanding or unusual event, thing, or accomplishment
    3 Christian Science : a divinely natural phenomenon experienced humanly as the fulfillment of spiritual law

what you are saying is not a miracle 'cuz that happens commonly and usually.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagato View Post
    that's your own meaning, but if you consult Webster, miracle means...

1 : an extraordinary event manifesting divine intervention in human affairs
    2 : an extremely outstanding or unusual event, thing, or accomplishment
    3 Christian Science : a divinely natural phenomenon experienced humanly as the fulfillment of spiritual law

what you are saying is not a miracle 'cuz that happens commonly and usually.
    it happens commonly and usually? duh, i didn't know that. that's why i said IT IS MY OWN DEFINITION of miracle. i consider that a miracle, so i don't care if you don't see that as a miracle, to me it is. as i've said, miracle is relative. reason why i've made it clear on the first post what kind of miracle i want to talk about in this thread.

Sad to realize how many many obviously wonderful things we see, feel, experience about are just taken for granted almost all the time. Hahay....

Quote Originally Posted by chad_tukes View Post
    it happens commonly and usually? duh, i didn't know that. that's why i said IT IS MY OWN DEFINITION of miracle. i consider that a miracle, so i don't care if you don't see that as a miracle, to me it is. as i've said, miracle is relative. reason why i've made it clear on the first post what kind of miracle i want to talk about in this thread.
    that's how Webster defines it. you question Webster's definition? I'd rather believe in Webster than you. and granting for the sake of argument, if we use your own definition, then miracles happen everyday. and if you consider breathing as a miracle, how much more if you are a cancer survivor. and using your own definition...again, then miracles are real.

that's how Webster defines it. you question Webster's definition? I'd rather believe in Webster than you. and granting for the sake of argument, if we use your own definition, then miracles happen everyday. and if you consider breathing as a miracle, how much more if you are a cancer survivor. and using your own definition...again, then miracles are real.
    Classic ad hominem!!!

Anyhow..perhaps.. believing that everyday is a miracle is not impossible... Miracles may not be real... or may be real... it all depends on how we see it....

If for others breathing is not a miracle then it is apparently a process that important in the process of respiration.

C.I.A.
    Blog Entries
    he-he-he, watch mode sa ko....regnag.....

Quote Originally Posted by knyhll View Post
    Classic ad hominem!!!

Anyhow..perhaps.. believing that everyday is a miracle is not impossible... Miracles may not be real... or may be real... it all depends on how we see it....

If for others breathing is not a miracle then it is apparently a process that important in the process of respiration.
    that is why it is better to use an authority because we have our own perspectives. and if we use chad's definition, of course miracles are real.

i think you don't understand the meaning of the word "ad hominem" my friend. you also have your own meaning of it? better to consult Webster again...

lol. i love how you ask if i question Webster's definition in a sarcastic tone. last time i checked, Webster is an english dictionary, so of course i don't question it. and yes, miracles happen everyday. the fact that you are able to type here without your fingers freezing like a stone is a miracle itself.

Quote Originally Posted by chad_tukes View Post
    lol. i love how you ask if i question Webster's definition in a sarcastic tone. last time i checked, Webster is an english dictionary, so of course i don't question it. and yes, miracles happen everyday. the fact that you are able to type here without your fingers freezing like a stone is a miracle itself.
    if miracles happen everyday, as you said being a skeptic, then miracles are real. period!

issue has been solved. better close this thread or make another one 'cuz i think you made a wrong title of your thread.

if miracles happen everyday, then miracles are real. period!

issue has been solved. better close this thread or make another one 'cuz i think you made a wrong title of your thread.
    hahaha... seriously, did you read the first post? the first post clearly defines what i mean by MIRACLES. if you say MIRACLE like how i gave my own definition of it (i.e breathing), then sorry to disappoint you, but i'm pertaining to miracles as how Webster defines it. i merely answered josephdc's question about how i personally define miracles, then you butted in.

really, being a newbie that you are, learn to read how the conversation went before you start yapping about closing this thread or making another one. tell that to the moderators. or you're probably one of those people who got banned so you created another nick. hmmmm...

11.    Advertisement

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast