Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Inquiry on "Router" Configuration for Prolink H9200

I'm not so sure where exactly to put this thread (sa Globelines Broadband section ba or otherwise), kay I'm asking if anyone knows how to configure the "bundled" Prolink H9200 sa Globe.

Its like, naa koy duha ka pc, one is connected sa LAN cable while the other sa USB. Both have no problems going online.

My question is, how does one configure the router/modem to work exactly as both? Like for transferring files between the two pc's, through the router. So far, dili gyud sila duha maka transfer. I've checked na with XP settings, workgroups, etc...

Internet, sila duha, no problem... naay kabalo unsaon ni?

question lng bro, why wla nmn lng nimo gi LAN ang duha?

Its like, naa koy duha ka pc, one is connected sa LAN cable while the other sa USB. Both have no problems going online.

=>sayon rana na configure bro. pila ka ports imo modem>? 4? or just 1? other is usb?

Kwan siya bro, one LAN and one USB. Ang model is Prolink H9200. Modem/router ni siya.

Quote Originally Posted by esprugodoys View Post
    question lng bro, why wla nmn lng nimo gi LAN ang duha?
    Kwan... ang isa ka pc kay walay LAN. USB lang. Laptop siya actually. Ni hapit na ko sa CD-R King, ug dili gyud mu work ang ilang wired LAN devices, PCMCIA or USB. Arte kaayo nga laptop. Plus, the device in question only has one LAN and one USB port.

just go to my network places and create a new network place. You can see the options on the left side of the window. Just fill in the correct details about the other pc.

Quote Originally Posted by KungfuPanda View Post
    just go to my network places and create a new network place. You can see the options on the left side of the window. Just fill in the correct details about the other pc.
    Tried it... nope, it didn't work. Both units have the same Workgroup, shared folders, ETC. Both IP addresses are in the 192.168.1.X range, yet, dili gyud sila magka-sinabot. Firewalls are down, along with other security options. I've seen this work months ago. In fact, this new router/modem is a "replacment" unit from Globelines kay the last one shorted out during a brownout incident.

Same model ang unit in question ha. I haven't changed any settings in the pc's and, given that the router/modem's the only "new" thing in the mix...

...methinks its got to do with the device's configuraiton settings.

Quote Originally Posted by gutchak View Post
    Kwan... ang isa ka pc kay walay LAN. USB lang. Laptop siya actually. Ni hapit na ko sa CD-R King, ug dili gyud mu work ang ilang wired LAN devices, PCMCIA or USB. Arte kaayo nga laptop. Plus, the device in question only has one LAN and one USB port.
    e assign sa ang iyang ip bro para mo work.. sayon ra kaayo na...

Quote Originally Posted by boyguapo View Post
    e assign sa ang iyang ip bro para mo work.. sayon ra kaayo na...
    Meaning i-disable ang DHCP feature sa individual pc's, manually input IP addresses? I tried that and it still won't work, ang file transfer ug ang internet. 192.168.1.3 ug 192.168.1.4 ang gi set nako for each pc, respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by gutchak View Post
    Meaning i-disable ang DHCP feature sa individual pc's, manually input IP addresses? I tried that and it still won't work, ang file transfer ug ang internet. 192.168.1.3 ug 192.168.1.4 ang gi set nako for each pc, respectively.
    wala man kay dhcp nga services sa imong network bro.. kay lan to lan raman kaha na...

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast