Exclamation I want to be a War Room photographer!!!

...just so I could see what they're all staring at

Obama Situation Room Photo Racking Up Views on Flickr
    by Eric Reagan

This image of President Obama and his national security team (captured by Official White House Photographer Pete Souza) is rising through views to become the most popular photo on Flickr. It’s also the fastest viewed image that Flickr has ever tracked.

According to the image caption provided by The White House, President Obama, Vice President Biden and the rest of the team are watching updates on the mission against Osama bin Laden on May 1, 2011.

This image from Pete Souza captures an almost surreal moment with very real emotions from President Obama and the rest of his team, particularly Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. All eyes are glued to a screen that leads us to draw images in our minds’ eye of just what exactly they are witnessing. In this case, the old adage is so very true – a picture is worth a thousand words.

From a photographer’s point of view, one of the things that struck me is just how much “stuff” that Pete Souza sees. If he’s inside an operation like this, is there anything that he doesn’t see?

TechCrunch received details on the stats as Flickr was tracking it and noted the following numbers:
    390,000 views at 3:30pm (5.5 hours later at 71,000 views per hour),
 600,000 at 5pm (7 hours later at 140,000 views/hour) and 
1,400,000 at 11am today (25 hours later at 44,000 views/hour). The White House Flickr account averages 100K views per day, and yesterday it received 2.5 million views, and as of 7pm today it already had 3.6 million views an order of magnitude greater than normal.
    This image had almost 1.6 million views in just under 38 hours. It has slowed off a bit today, but is still closing in on 1.7 million views at the time of this post.
    ~ Obama Situation Room Photo Racking Up Views on Flickr

Default Re: I want to be a War Room photographer!!!

they're probably watching live feed from one of the SEAL's helmet video camera. now that I'd love to watch. I wonder who got to shoot Bin Laden...

kita na sad ko sa ubang shots ni pete souza, he really has an eye for capturing those shots that tell big stories...

wait till it will leak the "real" Bin Laden's cadavre comes up. Flickr will surely be overwhelmed not that fake edited photo nya sa FB

OT: nan-aw na sila thor..=p ang babay kay nahdlok sa action scenes.=p para dili kaau OT: i wonder what are the perks to the the presidents photographer noh? specially on such events..=p

Mura ra'g di President sa US bah.. ng tan.aw ni sila live feed cguro nya mao pa'y pg ransak.. Actiona jd cguro ni kay sa reaction pa lng ni hillary klaro na kaayo na kuyawan.. hehe ang laki pd sa likod wearing white polo mura'g "oooh!" (di moan ha?) Haha

grabe ka prestigious na trabaho bei... provided sd cguro ni xa ug state of the art na gamit... pero kapoya sd jd sa iyaha work...

nindota ani bt i think delikado sd ni nga trabaho...lots of secrets and confidentiality matters .....

sus bhalag maigo tag bala ang lens di lang jud

9.    Advertisement