Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default What r d reasons y do we have to switch to Vista...?

Bro.. Ngayo lang ko sa inyong mga tubag para maka-decide ko kung mo-swith ba ko sa vista o mo-stick lang ko sa XP.

Default Re: What r d reasons y do we have to switch to Vista...?

Quote Originally Posted by nirdle_phogi
    Bro.. Ngayo lang ko sa inyong mga tubag para maka-decide ko kung mo-swith ba ko sa vista o mo-stick lang ko sa XP.
    For me i'll wait till the 2nd generation of DX10 cards are released then il switch to vista for the DX10 support in games as well as 64bit gaming ( hopefully )

other than that vista really offer no significat difference compared to XP, you can still do all your office applications and multimedia editing under XP, but do take note that Vista will be the home use 64bit OS that will be constantly updated.

If DX9.0L on vista runs better than the DX9.0c on XP then il move to vista about 6 months after its release.

take note there are no specific reasons why we really need to switch to vista, its purely the end users choice.

Basically what we're after is an operating system that will prove to be more stable and secure than what we're currently using. An OS that can provide features which can make us more productive, efficient and well.. happy. Even though we're now comfortable or that we find our XP stable enough for our current applications, it'll just be a matter of time before we'll all want to switch to Vista.

There are so many promises with Vista like the improved threading since it can maximize the dual-core or multi-core processors. Plus the fact that Sata drives and PCI Express video cards are well supported by Vista.

I believe that once it's released, not everyone will find it a need to upgrade. and only those who can afford the high-end computers and whose computers meet the requirements will switch to vista

Click this link to check if your computer meets the requirements -> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...26&clcid=0x409

Bottomline: Vista is still in its beta stage and it's still too early to decide whether to switch to Vista or not. IMHO.

Problema lang with Vista is that almost everyone has to upgrade some of their hardware components para makadagan og Vista at an acceptable speed (w/o lags).

Quote Originally Posted by cooldude75ph
    Problema lang with Vista is that almost everyone has to upgrade some of their hardware components para makadagan og Vista at an acceptable speed (w/o lags).
    have you actually tried it ? i guess not.

vista runs fine on a PIII-500 with atleast 256 to 512mb of ram and about 64~128mb of VRAM.
    all you need to do is unload the 3d UI.

vista has a lesser system overhead compared to XP ( as said by microsoft )

but ofcourse with a higher end machine it runs faster on a vista based system rather than on XP ( once the driver models for vista are 100% complete )

on low end machines i dont see any benefit or any loss, actually the only benefit is the lower system overhead

ALSO we have to keep in mind that no one is forcing us to upgrade to vista, so people who complain something about " Hay abot nsad vista gasto nsad sa upgrade" way nag pugos ninyo ug upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by cebutech
    Bottomline: Vista is still in its beta stage and it's still too early to decide whether to switch to Vista or not. IMHO.
    and release date is atleast 8~12 months away pa.. i hope MS doesnt rush it.
    The very first RC will be out this Aug 18 tingali ( hope we can get a leaked version )

even if i receive my copy of the first RC thru subscription, i'll probably not test it anymore. I doubt if i'll be satisfied with it. I've tested the vista beta ed and i noticed a slight decrease in system performance even if i haven't loaded my other applications....i'm just not satisfied with the response time and i don't really see a good reason why i should use Vista...so i'm sticking with XP for now. Besides, i still have to wait when the manufacturer of the notebook i'm using will release a vista driver for the built-in card reader. my centrino notebook w/ 512MB ram will still have to wait.

and it's right to say now.. "walay namugos na mubalhin ta ug vista".
    BUT in time... it'll be a common line for technicians to say "upgrade nalang to vista.. etc"... like what happened before... techies would say "balhin ug xp para walay labad sa ulo..." inig discuss about win98 hang-up, worm/virus/spyware protection etc sa mga clients na demanding kaayo...

Escalation i believe is one term i can use to describe this phenomenon. As the OS improves, so will malicious programs being released in the net.

VISTA = Virus Infection Spyware Trojan Adware

Quote Originally Posted by mindless
    VISTA = Virus Infection Spyware Trojan Adware
    Kani gyud si mindless... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

seems that vista has never included its optimized codes on the beta versions, i hope they include it on the first RC para maka kita tas first phase of power sa vista.

@cebutech:
    your a system dev working closly for M$? coz last time i heard the first release of the RC wont be widely avalable, system devs and partner pa ilang hatagan then soon after the subscribers and beta testers

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast