Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Guinea Pig/ Cavy Care (Grooming, toys, cages)

So before I got my piggies, I had a week of research about them. From their cages, weekly diets, grooming, to their toys. A friend of mine told me that it was ok to have wired flooring for the cages (so the poop will fall off easier). The majority of guinea pig owners however, adviced not to as this will hurt their feet. I used to use shavings for their bedding but I found this quite expensive so I went for the best option and bought them some fleece bedding. My piggies love it! I've saved a ton too since all I do is wash the fleece then reuse them. Your babies need a smooth flat surface. Avoid using wired flooring.

However, I've been searching for cavy toys such as hidies, tunnels and ramps but couldn't find any in Cebu. I found a playpen but that's it. There are not much Guinea Pig accessories as they are overshadowed by Hamster toys. So I resulted to making my own toys using fleece and structured tools and wiring.

Now I'm looking for a good Cavy shampoo as I've also read baby shampoo isn't good for your piggies. And I did notice some weird spots on my babies' skin. Anyone know where I can get really good piggy shampoo?

We need happy cavies and we should be aware of what's good for them. Especially to those who breed them.

Hope you can help me out! I'd also like to hear about your opinions and suggestions if you have them

My piggies lounging as they wait for their clean home and my lil girl watching over them.

Blog Entries
    ::BUMP:: Still waiting for them shampoo info and tips

Quote Originally Posted by veronica.p View Post
    ::BUMP:: Still waiting for them shampoo info and tips

hi miss Veronica, Dry clean foam akong gamit sa akong mga piggies, available sa Piper's

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AthenAmber View Post
    hi miss Veronica, Dry clean foam akong gamit sa akong mga piggies, available sa Piper's
    Hi! Thank you for the response I've tried those but my piggies don't seem to like them they started itching a lot then I found out it contained a lot of perfume. So I had to stop.

I don't understand why Cebu's supplies for Guinea Pigs are limited when we have a lot of them.

oh my.. may gani wala nag itch akong piggies sa dry foam, anyways, hope you'll find shampoo na magustuhan and dili mag itch imo mga piggies miss V.

hello everyone i mistakenly bought cavia crispy for guinea pigs..i didnt check na its for guinea diay and im suppose to buy for hamsters..mahadlok ko nga sobraan ra minerals ang food for guinea so will buy new ones for hamsters. ako untah e sell 50 lang..as in gamay ra kaau ang nakuha mga 1/4 ra sa hand full. bought it in caminade pet shop for 75pesos..400grams ni

Hi Miss V. Ask lang ko where ma buy ang fleece bedding? And how much pod, nag plan ko mag fleece na since mahal jud ang Chipsi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AthenAmber View Post
    Hi Miss V. Ask lang ko where ma buy ang fleece bedding? And how much pod, nag plan ko mag fleece na since mahal jud ang Chipsi
    Hi Amber! Go to Ayala's Metro department store. They've got a lot of it. I suggest you buy a bundle para d ka mag cge laba (unless you only have one pair). Trust me, you can save a lot of money kaysa mag cge palit ug chipsi. And the fleece is healthier too

Hi! we are an online store here in cebu just for pampering guinea pigs! We also Sell Fleece for guinea pig play pens for only P85.00, Wholesale price is P80.00 and we have more accessories like bed and Hay for them. Do check and like our facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/cozypetstore). Happy New Year!

Where can I buy good quality Guinea Pigs diris atoa? canvass ko sa SM tag 380 nya sa White Gold 300 ra, I wonder if naa pa lain options.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast