Page 1 of 183 123411 ... LastLast

Default Filipino Martial Arts

Hi i know everyone here is familiar about martial arts. Most of us know about Taekwondo, Kung-fu, Karate, Judo, Aikido and even Capoiera. But does everybody know about our Filipino Martial Arts : I dont think so, some would even ask we have one : Yes we do! :8O: <br> :idea: Its called Kali or more popularly known as Escrima and Arnis. Sad to say most filipinos prefer foreign martial arts the saddest part is, foreigners respect and wants to learn ours talk about irony.<br>Well i'd like to have a Forum that talks about this.since we are filipinos and we should be proud of our own martial arts. <br> So if you have any comments,suggestion,reactions hey just post it here. Lets make a rave about our own. Kali!!! <br><br>anyone interested check out our webpage at http://www.geocities.com/mk_leskas

i'm in

yes i know about filipino martial arts.
    i teach arnis at the University of San Carlos Physical Education.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze
    yes i know about filipino martial arts.
    i teach arnis at the University of San Carlos Physical Education.
    hey that nice! :P what style are you teaching?

I teach Doce Pares. I studied under Borces Sensei of Kauswagan Self Defense Brotherhood. I started training with Lapunti Arnis de Abanico but later change style to Doce Pares which i earned my Black belt. well i guess you have a higher rank than me?

Although am practicing and teaching Kenjutsu (japanese swordsmanship), i strongly believe that ARNIS, KALI or ESKRIMA should be a part of our Education, in college,highschool or even elementary.

when we start our classes, we always start with the History of Asian martial arts , and then to history of Philippine martial arts. Currently there are two of us PE instructors teaching arnis, the other one is teaching Modern Arnis ,Presas style.

nindota ninyo da kabalo mo arnis. Ako naka kontra nako ug arnis pero dili ko kabalo mo dala ana ngas martial arts. Practice ta ana mga bro?

well that's nice to hear kamikaze.i'm new here in cebu and i was first exposed to a doce paris style of arnis when i was still studying tang soo do at davao. i shifted to LSAI when one of my brods in tang soo do studied at UP diliman and encountered the art.finding it to his liking and surpassing the korean martial arts that we practiced,he went back to davao after graduation and convinced a lot of the present instructors to shift to Kali. I am a die hard of the Filipino Martia Art but I am open to other weapon based styles of marital arts.

ey baddog, la lagi atong sat? sure we could set a meet how about it kamikaze?

no problem, you can visit me at the baseline tth 530-630
    perhaps i can invite you to this years martial arts demo at the University of San Carlos, although its several months from now.

have met many high ranking martial artist who have a very short tempered and ego-centered, but on the lighter side there are also good natured martial artist.

trivia: Kali or Escrima/Arnis was the Martial Arts used in the following Films

Blade II (sword and alive hand combination)
    Bourne Identity (empty hand combat)
    Equilibrium (dam they modified knife fighting with guns, exchanging stabs with gunshots)
    The Hunted (the best knife fight ever)

arent you proud your a Pinoy? and Pinay too? c",

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 183 123411 ... LastLast