Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Do you agree with the plan to change our system of government? Why?

This one's interesting. The question might be a cliche - Charter Change. But then again, this is very significant now now that the government and the "president" herself are pushing this charter for implementation - very seriously this time.

So what are your thoughts?

**PS: if you agree with the change, you might want to show to us what kind of system you want this country of ours to have. Be specific. Thanks.
    If you don't, express your thoughts more coherently.

Default Re: Do you agree with the plan to change our system of government? Why?

Yes, I do agree with the change of our political system. Can't explain it thoroughly though right now coz I'm still quite busy.

i'l be more specific..let's have a system similar to that of Singapore..the way Pres. Lee Kwan Yu implemented a parliamentary form of government.

it is necessary to change our government at this time because of misunderstanding between the people of manila and the people of the provinces.......because of this it is nice to have a federal parliamentary form of government in this country!!

but the problem is 80% of the filipinos don't know what it's all about!!!!

I agree. Lesser power should be given to the President and should be given to the representative of each region or province. The people should be heard. In that way, ALL parts of our country will progress equitably.

me i have emotions about this one... basin mas maau kong istoryahan ni og maau to come up with the best results, dili dinali-an.

Have you read/saw the proposal of the CON-COM?

bai FK..what is there to discuss more?..we've seen a lot of nations progress better and have an effective governance because they are using Parliamentary system..why not just pattern our government to these countries instead of bickering on some time consuming matters..think about Singapore.

what causes to impede this transition are the senators who don't like to cut short their powers due to the new government structures..they wanted to stay in power in order to compensate on their losses during the election.

Quote Originally Posted by tolstoi
    i'l be more specific..let's have a system similar to that of Singapore..the way Pres. Lee Kwan Yu implemented a parliamentary form of government.
    ganahan sab ko sa systema sa singapore, ganahan sab ko sa ilang style nga stricto kaayo. para nako mao na kinahanglan para sa mga pilipino, kanang stricto kaayo ang gobyerno.

As what I've learned the present administration opted parliamentary government.

^^and what's wrong with that?

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast