Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Where in the Philippines can I get free immunization for my child?

Where in the Philippines can I get free immunization for my child who is about to turn 3 months old on March 18th 2009?

She has already reaceived her BCG and 1st Hepa B injection on December 19 2008. This was given to her for free just before the hospital released her to my care.

On her 2nd month, Feb 18 2009, I got her immunized again with Hepa B(2nd shot), DTP, Poliomyelitis, H.influenza type B all-in-one shot. Only this time, my private pediatrician was the one who administered it. It cost me 3800 for an all-in-one single shot and 2 more shots of this all-in-one vaccine is needed to complete her immunization.

According to my Pedia, on her 3rd month I can either choose between this orally administered immunization for diarrhea(not sure about the medical term for this)and immunization for pneumonia. However, the immunization for diarrhea has to be given before the child reaches 3 months of age. She is charging me 3000 for the diarrhea immunization and 5000 for the pneumonia. Also, both of them has to be given 3 times in separate occasions to complete the immunization.

So lets calculate how much money I'm going to need so far...
    All-in-one shot 3800p (needs to be given 2 more times, 7600)
    Diarrhea immunization 3000 (3 times, 9000)
    Pneumonia Injection 5000 (3 time, 15000)
    Other Vaccines...(Hepa A, Typhoid, PPV, etc.) Price: I don't know yet
    Grand Total of: 31600 +++

As you can see, its all too expensive for me to be able to afford at the moment. I care a lot for my baby and I would like to give her the best but my family is also going through a financial crisis right now and we all have to be frugal with our spending. I would prefer that my baby gets the kind of immunization that wouldn't cause her too much discomfort afterwards...so Id like to know if the vaccines that are given for free are of the same quality as those given by private pediatricians. I would appreciate any information contributed by anyone about this. Also, please help me locate a clinic where they give free immunization around Q.C. or at least within NCR, as I truly am uninformed. Thanks in advance!

And one more thing...
    I cant seem to find any relevant results about this one on google and on tanikalang ginto(could it be cause I am not entering the right keyword? I know I've tried many combinations already). Most articles I have read so far only covers the different types of immunization given to a newborn and the need for Filipinos who are on the lower class or middle-lower class to be aware about it...but I haven't found any information so far on where to get them...aside from the generalized "I got them from our local health department"...but which local health dept. exactly? I hope someone informed can address me about this. It'll be much appreciated!

wala diay na sa inyong barangay health center bro?

Sa Baranggay ba ko mangutana ug asa magpa-immunization?

My place is in a subdivision but near Baranggay Holy Spirit along Commonwealth. I had no idea one could get free immunization here in the Phil until I researched about it on google.

nirdle_phogi, have you ever had a child? if so sa barangay ba siya nimo pina-immunize or katung barangay ba ang gahatag ug immunization program?

Ill try to ask around about it as well. I'm just confused about this right now kay dili man ko hindaku dinhi sa Pilipinas.. I hope more members can shed some light on my dilemma...

taga DOH man na magpalibre bakuna. magpabulig lang na la sa barangay council. inquire lang una sa DOH o sa inyo health center kun naa ba la mga programs..

Thanks for the advice ... kabalu ka unsa tel no. ng DOH?
    Unsa man ang ngalan ng Health Center dinhi sa Commonwealth.. naa may daghan hospital dinhi sa q.c. di ra ko kabalu where to start and which health center is in charge...

To other members...Please share if you happen to more about this.. any info would be helpful! Thanks!

@LittleSprouts: my niece got her free immunization from the barangay's health clinic... As far as i know, there's a regular schedule for that.. In her case, every Friday.. all you have to present is a certification or somebody who can attest that you reside in your baranggay..
    Smart Communications Engine : Vonata
    The next evolution of voice: Drumbi

btaw, naa ra na sa barangay health center. just make sure you are a resident of that barangay. Pero dili na sila manghatag anang diarrhea, pneumonia, flu shots, unsa p na dira. basic lang.

sa mga health center...but i dont think if mo adto ka naa dayon ni, naa lang na silay sched if available na ang bakuna. not like in private, na available anytime and as scheduled gyud sa pedia

yup correct sa health centers..

im also a newbie mom too! gastoan nalang jud namo kay its important man. Bisan optional na we'll try our best na ma-injectkan jud amo baby who's 4 mos old..

I agree, its really expensive. One shot ranges from 900 up to 4,500! Ya 4,500 for the IPV/IPD per shot nya mura 2 times na ihatag sa baby.

My pedia said naa injection free ra sa mga barangays pero naa specific "ingredient" na wala natangtang that causes the baby na magka fever.. I forgot the name ato na injection.. Whereas kana available sa mga Pedia its mahal pero dili na magkahilanat ang baby.. I dunno if its true though, wala man ni nakasuway sa barangay. =) so far, wala man pud nagkafever sa Baby sa injection sa pedia..

Last edited by khymm; 02-27-2009 at 11:57 AM.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast