Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestion lang

Anonymous

Default Suggestion lang

gi close man to nimo g-moon ang thread sa pikas...

mao ni tubag nako nimo...

kung di mo ganahan na dagko ang pic kay tungod sa naghunahuna mo sa mga dial up users sa istorya. nya kung naay mag post ug dagko kaayo na pic, para di na ninyo badlungon og di mo saputon pirmi...butangan ninyo script ang inyong admin CP og script na ilisan niya ang "IMG" tag ug "URL" tag basta mu dako na ang px o malapas ang pix sa most common resolution...instead na mang way mog mga members...palibgi sa ni ninyo...

di a ra link o...

http://www.bromelien.net/forum/mods.php

ingna na sad nag insulto ko...bisag ni suggest ko...

[/url]

Anonymous

Default Suggestion lang

@fukfez sakto dyud ka bro maayo paka bro naa ka initiative pero kaning mga modz diri uban. Ga kiat lang ang dagway wla dyuy initiative...

PEACE!!!

Default Suggestion lang

fukfez: dili si glassmoon ang nagclose bai.

your suggestion will be noted, i will ask the senior mods about this.

however, even in image hosting sites bai there is a limit on either dimension or filesize of the pic. it is the responsibility of the user to resize it before putting it on the web. if we let the board do all the work and with the bandwidth this board eats up on a daily basis, it might result in a slower forum.

members in the photography thread resize their pics before posting it. if these people can do it, why can't the other members do it? it takes less than 2 mins of your time to resize pictures.

Default Suggestion lang

bro mods so that we can prevent again this case could you possibly put restrictions on the uploads side including the image size and the format that you will allow. Suggestion rani mga bro.

!!!!!!!!!! peace...........

Default Suggestion lang

Quote Originally Posted by pnoize2k4
    fukfez: dili si glassmoon ang nagclose bai.

your suggestion will be noted, i will ask the senior mods about this.

however, even in image hosting sites bai there is a limit on either dimension or filesize of the pic. it is the responsibility of the user to resize it before putting it on the web. if we let the board do all the work and with the bandwidth this board eats up on a daily basis, it might result in a slower forum.

members in the photography thread resize their pics before posting it. if these people can do it, why can't the other members do it? it takes less than 2 mins of your time to resize pictures.
    BItaw bitaw dili to si Gmoon, ni close...nakabasa ko ato na thread alegre au...si blade man tingali to ni close...
    you are correct pnoize, that image hosting sites do have limits sa ilang file sizes and image dimensions, but i dont think a short php code added to the board will make it slower mo paspas pa gani siguro if ang gi suggest ni fukfez sundon, remember a jpg is worth a thousand txts, after all its just a few characters of additional txt i guess.

I know one forum, not a phpBB hosted forum but of invision. The forum resizes all pics that are off the allowed dimensions and resizes it to a better one, then under the pic there will be a text saying "image resizeed, click image for a higher resolution image"...something like that, i'll try to ask for the code from the owner and maybe ma incorporate ni nato...

about resizing pics before posting them...its do-able, but some photos that are posted here are taken from the internet and are not actually owned by the poster, some of them are wall paper sized(800x600 and larger)...where you can just take the URL of those pics and post them as they are. the whole process of downloadin, resizing, uploading to image host and posting the image takes a short time but not as short as 2minutes...heres my question to your statement...

what if
    1. Like mentioned on the "strikto" thread, you are concerned of large pics because of the dial-up users. If i was a dial up user, and i wanted to post an 800x600 pic from the net...how long would it take to download that pic? I dont know how long it actually takes but it takes a while doesnt it? Then i resize it using the very basic photo editting SW, then I upload it to an image hosting site. then I post it...I dont think this will tkae 2 minutes.

2. What if some users dont have photoeditting SWs? Even the very basic...what should they do? My answer will be an online web based image editting which is http://myimager.com. The process is quite shorter than the one stated in number 1 but it will still affect the dial up users greatly, because in this webpage, you supply the URL of the photo, then the webpage gets it for you. So its basically the same as browsing or downloading the photo. It still takes a long time. The resizing is quite easy and quick, but with a slower connection it would still take a while.

So I would conclude that the 2 processes takes a while, and some people,maybe most dont have the time to do it. Lets not be sorry for these persons because they cant do such simple tasks...it may look simple but its sometimes tedious considering that most people have to catch up with what they do in work and in what ever. We all have our reasons, or as some mods would see it...a "lame excuse"...Wnat some mods need to do is take a look at other peoples online lifestyles in a different perspective, and not just their own.

Ive been seeing this problem about very large photos a long time now...I dont know how long...and i've seen how some mods deal with it, like locking the topic, then unlocking it...REPEATEDLY...and what happened? did the posting of large images stop? If the answer is yes. Then the measure of locking and unlocking was effective. If not, the what did you do? Reprimand? Put in BIG BOLD letters that you dont like the pic sizes? IMO this is wrong...instead of reprimanding why not have the board auto resize the pix. that way WIN/WIN bitaw ang member/mod... dili na maglagot ang mod, nya ang user dili sad mag lagot kung badlungon sa naglagot sad na mod...

I hope sa akong suggestion, dili na sad ta sitahon sa mga mods, ingnon na murag "know-it-all" or unsa pa...or ingnon na sad na gi question na sad ang patakaran diri...

Ako sad mpuno, pwede sad tingali na ilisan nato ang skin. maybe in the near future nalang na... =)

Default Suggestion lang

ga kiat ra gyud ang mga moderator diri oi. kong naay mo complain mo ingon dayon read the rules.. they even break there own rules..

kanang mga hambogiro nga moderator ato nalang ni sumbagayon, kapoy na sige react oi.. kinsa man isog ninyo diha, kita ta ninyo, adto sa loyo sa gaisano main.. ato ni taposon didto..

P.S.
    to resize photos.. use this http://img263.echo.cx
    upload your photos there..

Default Suggestion lang

OT: isoga dah... tsk tsk tsk

Default Suggestion lang

images are posted using the img tag. it is not directly stored on the server.

if people have time to download pictures, upload to a hosting site, what difference will it take if you resize it before you upload it to a hosting site? most people say because they don't have time. but then again, they have time to post in almost all the threads and even create long posts.

again, if other people can do it why can't we? or are we just to lazy to do it and must rely on software or even the moderators to resize it?

Default Suggestion lang

OT:
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP
    ga kiat ra gyud ang mga moderator diri oi. kong naay mo complain mo ingon dayon read the rules.. they even break there own rules..

kanang mga hambogiro nga moderator ato nalang ni sumbagayon, kapoy na sige react oi.. kinsa man isog ninyo diha, kita ta ninyo, adto sa loyo sa gaisano main.. ato ni taposon didto..

P.S.
    to resize photos.. use this http://img263.echo.cx
    upload your photos there..

hmmm...isog lagi.

bai, the moderators were at the istorya.net concert. wala lagi ka didto nagreklamo o nanghagad?

Full Time Slave-driver blade101's Avatar

Default Suggestion lang

sus oi! how many times do we have to repeat it? if you don't like it here, then get out! sige man noon ug panghagit.

hahay! Lord! why me?

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast