Page 4 of 139 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

ka nice pud sa mga crafts woi... kutob ra man ko sa gundam model kits..

hi...is this thread limitted only to Plastic model kits? or pwede scratchbuilt? im into modeling also, model ships to be exact, but scratchbuilding...

Quote Originally Posted by borjborj View Post
    hi...is this thread limitted only to Plastic model kits? or pwede scratchbuilt? im into modeling also, model ships to be exact, but scratchbuilding...
    What model ships do you scratchbuild bro?

Let's see some of your work! Pl post some pics

@tarmac

Wow! What a lovely plane you got there. I like the way you did your pre-shading. It so subtle. Like gian said, too bad the cockpit got covered since it is very well detailed. It would have looked better if there was an option to open the canopy. Hope you'll again some pics of your warbirds in the future.

@borjborj I don't know about the TS but I wouldn't mind seeing a scratchbuilt model posted in this thread. Since modellers here in Istorya are somewhat few, I wouldn't mind the distinction from plastic kits against scratchbuilt. Maybe you have used some plastic in your model then that would qualify it to be posted in this thread. Please post pics of your model ships

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by td209 View Post
    @tarmac

Wow! What a lovely plane you got there. I like the way you did your pre-shading. It so subtle. Like gian said, too bad the cockpit got covered since it is very well detailed. It would have looked better if there was an option to open the canopy. Hope you'll again some pics of your warbirds in the future.
    Thanks bai. I would've kept the canopy open but then the one that came with the kit was too thick to permit that (a common complaint, it turns out, from reviews of this particular kit). Some guys ended up buying an aftermarket canopy (too expensive) or trimming the canopy thin (too risky for me).

ok, this is what weve done so far..its at scale 1:50 and its about 2 feet long. This is NOT a kit. THis is 100% scratchbuilt. The hull is carved from layers of solid wood, while all the other parts are scratchbuilt from plastic. this took about 4 months to build. its a static display, and does not have an engine. I will someday build one with an engine, but sayang ang details, basin maguba ra if mabasa.

Last edited by borjborj; 09-16-2009 at 12:01 PM. Reason: update

Elite Member
    Is this a model of a particular boat? Or a conceptual scale model? Very nicely done!

its a model of a particular boat. thanks

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by borjborj View Post
    its a model of a particular boat. thanks
    Looks like one of those sexy Azimuts.

nice bild u have borjborj! naa pko fujimi na suzuki jimny unopened pa!!!

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 139 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast