Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default MIRACLES... Are they REAL?

i came across springy's post on Vien's thread where he said create a new thread about miracles, so here's where i insert myself, ladies and gentlemen. let's talk about miracles in this thread. trust me, i've tried the search feature and i couldn't find any thread relating to miracles.

before i go any further, i'd like to be direct to the point and make my stand on this topic: the word "miracle" here pertains to SUPERNATURAL PHENOMENA which falls outside the realms of SCIENCE. do not confuse the word miracle to, say, surviving breast cancer, etc. that's not what i'm talking about here.

so... on to the topic. do you believe in miracles a.k.a supernatural phenomena? statue of the virgin mary crying blood? dancing sto. nino? dancing sun? faith-healing?

Main Entry: mir·a·cle
    Pronunciation: \ˈmir-i-kəl\
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Late Latin miraculum, from Latin, a wonder, marvel, from mirari to wonder at
    Date: 12th century
    1 : an extraordinary event manifesting divine intervention in human affairs
    2 : an extremely outstanding or unusual event, thing, or accomplishment
    3 Christian Science : a divinely natural phenomenon experienced humanly as the fulfillment of spiritual law

source :Dictionary and Thesaurus - Merriam-Webster Online

Ive encountered a lot of " MIRACLE " stories about crying images , dancing sun , faith healing etc . None of these really amazed since I for one has to agree with the skeptics since a lot was unfloded to be manmade and explanation lies behind it .

So far , I am more inclined on the EUCHARISTIC MIRACLES :

- Host turned into real flesh
    - Wine turned into real blood

The EUCHARISTIC MIRACLES that occured in Lanciano , Italy in the 1100's was the first recorded miracle that was documented and officially proclaimed as authentic by both the CHURCH and SCIENCE . This miracle is only 1 of the thousands of other occurence on the issue of the " THE REAL PRESENCE of JESUS CHRIST " in the Eucharist the moment the host is consecrated and venerated during the holy mass .

My other favorite authenticated miracle was of a nun in SOuth Korea whom also experienced a EUCHARISTIC MIRACLE thrice . The very bread administered to her during communion turned into human flesh inside her mouth !

By the way ... to those interested , more can be found here :

http://www.therealpresence.org/eucharst/mir/a3.html
    Last edited by SPRINGFIELD_XD_40; 01-07-2010 at 10:32 PM.
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

Quote Originally Posted by SPRINGFIELD_XD_40 View Post
    My other favorite authenticated miracle was of a nun in SOuth Korea whom also experienced a EUCHARISTIC MIRACLE thrice . The very bread administered to her during communion turned into human flesh inside her mouth !
    wow. sounds like a form of cannibalism to me. this type of miracle is one of those that i'd still be skeptical about even though it has been deemed authentic by the Catholic Church. "VISIBLE STIGMATA", considered as FACT by the Catholic Church, has long been proven to be false by the scientific community. my point is, just because it's authenticated by the Catholic Church doesn't mean it is real. RC can be biased in its findings.

naa man ko thread about miracle mabot asa na... hehehe...

Miracles During the First Gulf War (1991)

but i think bias ni siya na article...

Quote Originally Posted by unsay_ngalan_nimo View Post
    naa man ko thread about miracle mabot asa na... hehehe...

Miracles During the First Gulf War (1991)

but i think bias ni siya na article...
    i call those miracles in the Gulf War cherry-picking. just like what religionists do when they read the Bible.

your thread must have been deleted.

Para nako Chad motuo ko pero selected lang depende sa kung unsa nga Case, naa man guy uban nga giingon nila miracles nga atong matawag ug naay supernatural intervention and naa sad uban nga it can be explained scientifically.

Just tell you honestly I have tried miracles but I dont know if I should call it supernatural or not.
    if your interested chad I will tell you. maau man gud ka istoryahon kay dili sirado ug huna-huna
    I am not an athiest and dili sad ko against sa athiest kay through a certain circumstances they will
    soon be convinced of some sort of explanation that beyond explanation. Naa naman ko ka istorya ako ka chat for the very first time namo nag istorya dili jud siya motuo pero kay tungod lage open minded
    mao nga naay certain time sa among panag istorya niingon siya nako and give to me a certain website
    na shock nalang ko kay abi nako dili mo tuo apan karon ni hatag nako ug website nga catholic site kay natubag kuno ang iyang pangutana. Pero wala ko nag ingon nga motuo ka ang ako lang it's just an example a true story because life of man is a constant change maybe for better or for the worst depende sa iyang panlantaw sa kinabuhi...

miracles of Padre Pio bro... you will see the reality of the supernatural..

wla koy giapilan nga religion karon I am on my own pero syempre with God the true God which ang uban mo ingon nga mao ni ang "pangalan". Me miracle is something that you yourself can make an answer for you to get satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Vien View Post
    Para nako Chad motuo ko pero selected lang depende sa kung unsa nga Case, naa man guy uban nga giingon nila miracles nga atong matawag ug naay supernatural intervention and naa sad uban nga it can be explained scientifically.

Just tell you honestly I have tried miracles but I dont know if I should call it supernatural or not.
    if your interested chad I will tell you. maau man gud ka istoryahon kay dili sirado ug huna-huna
    I am not an athiest and dili sad ko against sa athiest kay through a certain circumstances they will
    soon be convinced of some sort of explanation that beyond explanation. Naa naman ko ka istorya ako ka chat for the very first time namo nag istorya dili jud siya motuo pero kay tungod lage open minded
    mao nga naay certain time sa among panag istorya niingon siya nako and give to me a certain website
    na shock nalang ko kay abi nako dili mo tuo apan karon ni hatag nako ug website nga catholic site kay natubag kuno ang iyang pangutana. Pero wala ko nag ingon nga motuo ka ang ako lang it's just an example a true story because life of man is a constant change maybe for better or for the worst depende sa iyang panlantaw sa kinabuhi...
    in that case, i guess my question would be: what is the basis for a miracle in which a religion (or Church) can say it is a "divine intervention" or a product of the works of GOD? ako skeptic man gyud ko, dili man ko dali mutuo, because i believe there is a limit to our consciousness, and that anything beyond the grasp of our thinking is just a product of man's limited knowledge about the world around him.

somehow, someday, man will have answers. science is evolving. mao na dili ko mu tuo nga if there's something phenomenal, miracle dayun or works of God. it's just that wala pala'y tubag ang science ana.

Quote Originally Posted by bungot25 View Post
    miracles of Padre Pio bro... you will see the reality of the supernatural..
    i'd pray to see that.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast