Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Believer

Quote Originally Posted by chad_tukes View Post
    their response to you would be something like: "don't you dare question my God. i have a strong personal relationship with him." and then you'd look like an idiot for questioning that person.

and by that being said...they will call him/her...brainwashed...very subjective indeed...

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by chad_tukes View Post
    if you say they can't ask questions, you are banking on absolutes. of course they can ask questions, they just choose not to---for fear of going out of their comfort zones. if you question a person's strong faith, their response to you would be something like: "don't you dare question my God. i have a strong personal relationship with him." and then you'd look like an idiot for questioning that person.
    lols, they are afraid? amf!

Maybe they are not asking at all... Can TRUTH CHANGE PEOPLE?. Absolutely NO. We all know smoking and drinking alcohol kills by causing a lot of diseases. So why do people kept doing it?
    What People Want When Change Starts.
    All Things Workplace: Change: People Can Handle The Truth

My point chad is this. You don't have to know everything. If things feel right for you, who cares? not as long as you dont touch other peoples nose, its your life to live...

for fear of going out of their comfort zones
    --- so do you want to volunter for IRAQ? go ahead. If they are comfortable with the situation, then let them enjoy it... it is not thier priorities, they have work to do. A construction worker chad pambayad sa internet wala... if you ask them to go library and look for it... lols they don't have time chad, they better spent it with thier families and friends.

don't you dare question my God. i have a strong personal relationship with him.
    --- why the hell, would you care? if you don't believe him then don't, do we have a freedom to believe here? omg, ATHIEST now becomes a DICTATOR. Chad you are suppressing the right for religion here, are you a COMMUNIST OF SOME SORT?
    Last edited by kebot; 01-20-2010 at 12:19 PM.

C.I.A.
    Blog Entries
    I think a free believer are those who made GOD based on their own understanding of what GOD should be..........

Quote Originally Posted by chad_tukes
    if you question a person's strong faith, their response to you would be something like: "don't you dare question my God. i have a strong personal relationship with him." and then you'd look like an idiot for questioning that person.
    Quote Originally Posted by kebot
    why the hell, would you care? if you don't believe him then don't, do we have a freedom to believe here? omg, ATHIEST now becomes a DICTATOR. Chad you are suppressing the right for religion here, are you a COMMUNIST OF SOME SORT?
    I can't see how questioning someone else's beliefs translates into dictatorship / suppression of the right to religion at all.

(In the first place, anyone uncomfortable about having their beliefs questioned should steer clear away from a forum titled "Philosophical/Theological Debate" no less.)

they can't ask because it's already absolute for them... provided they have strong faith...

simple as that... if they believe on obvious hoax, or if their true beliefs were suppressed by their religion, then we can say they've been brainwashed...

of course they can ask, as a human... but their tendency to ask is dependent on how strong their faith is...

Banned User
    Blog Entries
    If I say God is the universe Itself,
    then I could claim that I can see my God.
    Because my God is the universe and I live in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Doctor View Post
    I believe there is a God.
    The source of all soul and energies.
    The supreme being.
    He maybe the universe Himself.

But i don't believe in religion.
    And your point is....?

you can believe on whatever belief you want to believe into... from your own interpretation of GOD to your very own unique way to pee....

basically.. he believe there's a supreme being greater than us... yet he don't believe in religion, which is for him might be a social cage or whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by seven_segment View Post
    subjective...very subjective...

the question is: when can you say a person is brainwashed?

can you represent "facts"....when can you say its biased...again...remember it is freewill...
    facts.. anything that can be measured and quantified.. or anything that has actually happened.. beyond that are theories and speculations..

example..

jesus christ was a person... that is a fact
    he was a jew, that is a fact...
    jesus christ is the son of god, that is a theory
    hesus christ said he can save you from hell, that is a fact
    jesus christ can really save you from hell, that is a theory.
    there is hell, that is a theory..
    there are non-christian, this is a fact
    non-christains, go to hell, this is a theory

other religions promise salvation, fact
    islam promises salvation, fact
    non-believer of islam go to hell, theory

when combine all these, these becomes an information... as you can see, the final statement of the first set is biased against the non-christians, and so is the second set for islam so for the fear of hell, they will choose to be christians or muslims, but the hell thing is only just a theory..

killing your enemies in the name of god or country is good, theory
    getting killed is very very painful and makes your family sad, fact

this is oversimplified argument, but when your leader has his own agenda, he wont tell you the second statement which is the actual fact.. so you are brainwashed, you didnt had all the facts with you..

if you choose to be a christian/muslim/hindu/athiest/satanist/shinto/etc with all information available to you, then you are a free believer..

Quote Originally Posted by prukutung View Post
    you can believe on whatever belief you want to believe into... from your own interpretation of GOD to your very own unique way to pee....

basically.. he believe there's a supreme being greater than us... yet he don't believe in religion, which is for him might be a social cage or whatever...
    amen.. i agree...

for me, religion just like political groups is like a social cage where there are boundaries to how you act/think..

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast