Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I Don't Know

What a silly game Atheist play over and over again. The sick circle continues. If you have faith than you are a Bible Hugger, if you are atheist than you are clever and free thinking. It is a self imposed standard with no true basis in fact. Atheist have no proof to their claims, you do not and can not know if they are right or wrong. That makes them foolish at best and driven by their own false pride. They choose to insult those of faith and call them names implying that they are somehow mentally deficient, which makes Atheist morally corrupt. Hatred, predigest, and fear of faith and God is not proofs. Trying to demand answers to questions impossible to answer is not proof. If they are wrong than a judgment and punishment awaits these intellectually disillusioned fools. Satan have Atheist in his pocket, and use them as blinded pawns in a war they are too proud to see. Indignant mule-headed lost puppies, engaged in foolish endeavors. Trying to bring God down to their level. They choose not to believe in God because he will not bow to their will; yet they openly insult, reject, and refuse him. How utterly selfish they really are to think they are even worthy of his time. Like a dog constantly biting the hand of their master as he feeds it. Such dogs only deserve a kick in their butts, not praises and rewards for their disobedience.

You can not possibly know if they are right or wrong, all they have in the end is a desire to be correct and cleaver; and the fear and hatred of God. What a waste the intellectually dishonest are, scared faithless children being disobedient to their father. Choosing to turn their backs to God's Grace, rather choosing to embrace the propaganda of he who wishes to destroy you most.

I thank God he reopened my eyes so I could see what a fool I was, and I thank God every day that I am no longer an Atheist. I am proud of my faith, and am willing to sacrifice my life for my faith. No godless person can possible understand faith, it is beyond them. They have not the mind to grasp something so simple. They do not posses the strength to endure the weight of faith. That makes them small and petty things to be pitied, not revered. They posses nothing, account for nothing, and are worth nothing in the whole schema of God's creation. I may be a closed-minded backwards-thinking Bible-hugging fool in their eyes. But I have faith and own my soul. I am free of the world they choose to be enslaved to. Am I wrong? You can not know, at best all you can truthfully say is, "I do not know."

You can not know if I am right or wrong. You can consider me a fool, where as I can consider you to be more of an idiot than an intellect. I talk in the hope to save a man's soul, were as an Atheist tries only to confuse and destroy another man by trying to deny his soul God's Grace. And for what reason? So he can have more company in the pit? They say misery loves company. They are only guessing and hoping they are right. Me I just do not care if they burn or not, I am just sorry for the souls their words turned from God's Grace. They heard the words of God and turned their back to him, which puts them on the wrong side of this spiritual battleground. In death we will learn the truths and we will get the reward we have earned during our lives. You reap what you sow, and if you sow blasphemes time and time again, than you are probably outside of God's Grace. If God is real than many are just hollow vessels containing condemned souls. Those trying to push back against their maker; trying to strike out against those of faith, only trying to falsely vindicate their own spiritual inabilities and utter lack of faith. Am I wrong? You can not know!

Am I right? "I do not know." Are you right? "You do not know." I do know that Atheist use comments out of predigest which are meant to be vindictive and hurtful to those of faith. These are merely the actions of small minded children still trying to play the petty evil playground mind games of their youth. This can not and should not ever be mistaken as intellect. Are they a moral righteous intellect? "I do not know." I can only say that I have my doubts in so many cases. I do believe that many do not know either. That is the problem one faces if you are trying to be truly honest. Few men are truly honest, even with themselves. Honesty is such a slippery slop, because it requires harsh self reflection which most can not do. Honestly, I do not know. Do you?
    Last edited by jamesmusslewhite; 03-15-2010 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Spell check and correction

“Thousands of people have written to tell me that I am wrong not to believe in God. The most hostile of these communications have come from Christians. This is ironic, as Christians generally imagine that no faith imparts the virtues of love and forgiveness more effectively than their own. The truth is that many who claim to be transformed by Christ’s love are deeply, even murderously, intolerant of criticism. While we may want to ascribe this to human nature, it is clear that such hatred draws considerable support from the Bible. How do I know this? The most disturbed of my correspondents always cite chapter and verse.”

- Sam Harris

more of an anti-Christ than an Atheist.. hehehe... fits well

Quote Originally Posted by fingolfin View Post
    .. you misunderstood me bro, i didnt say that their answers are wrong, i just don't believe in their answers to my query on the unseen.
    i'm aware that you did not say "they are wrong" most people always do that, but thats's fine with me.. but for you not to believe it there must have some reasons regarding logic right?..

and regarding logic we know it only answers 2 choices it's either:
    "YES" or "NO"
    "CORRECT" or "WRONG"
    "AGREE" or "DISAGREE"
    etc......

whichever answer you chose there should be a reason.. so let me rephrase my question for us to know if you really did not say "they are wrong" by any means..

why did you not believe to what they said?..

.. why well, i'll ask them first to what is their basis, and ask them more questions.

.. how about you dart ??

Quote Originally Posted by fingolfin View Post
    .. why well, i'll ask them first to what is their basis, and ask them more questions.

.. how about you dart ??
    hmmmmmmm even if you ask them a million times on what their bases are you would still end up with the same answer..

me?.. i can't really tell if they're correct or wrong but i believe on some of their claims..

Quote Originally Posted by Existanz View Post
    Okay, "I really don't know whether there is God or not"...but I have reason to believe that there is God because for me life is blah...blah...blah...

Does this makes me a pretentious dumb?
    no, it wouldn't make you dumb, just pretentious.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmusslewhite View Post
    The problem in such conversations is would you, could you, even know or accept the truth if it has already been properly presented to you? Or is truth only to be accepted by you if it is what you want to believe. One can be blinded to a truth by the cloud created within his own mind, making him unable to distinguish that truth as a fact.
    so are you saying TRUTH is relative?

Quote Originally Posted by chad_tukes View Post
    so are you saying TRUTH is relative?
    There is a quandary I have with Realativism when I try to apply it towards religious discussions of faith. One must try to refrain from solely relying on the use of realativism as a high ground when trying to define a truth. Even though I use realativism to help define my world, I still tend to be more of a pragmatist because I have a somewhat deflationary attitude towards truths, because there is nothing of interest to be said about truth in general, due to the contention that truths are generally subjective. Many innocent men have been sentenced to their deaths by Courts of Laws, because their concept of a definitive truth was in fact flawed. I am saying Knowledge will lead one to a truth, but it is relative to know all the facts first. I do believe that God is truth, but it for me can only truly be conceptional. Is it truth? Illusion? Delusion? The best one can can possibly answer is with a conceptive personal belief.

God is not unlike Love in that it is an unmeasurable unseen force; which transcends and can defy all logic. Yet man can accept the concept of Love. Some never have, do, or will love, as most will never truly understand love, even as it drives their lives. Often infatuation or lust is confused as Love, but it exist just the same. Maybe it is because man is more scared of the concept of there being a God, where as most have had some if not limited experiences with levels and types of love. Some things even if you have all the known combined knowledge of a subject, will still confound and elude you your whole life.

To answer your one must still say, "I do not Know." Truth is relative, as much as it can be said that knowledge is relative to a truth. Maybe the answer is No. Possibly the only thing that can be relative, is keeping an open mind to all possibilities and variables. Each side of the issue of God or No-God can only use their own personal faith to back their beliefs. I believe that is the whole point of this grand exercise called life, for God requires each person to be forced to actually choose where we will place our Faith? So it can also be said that Faith is relative.

I do believe this is one of your better threads Chad. Excellent topic which allow one to explore so many different levels of man's psyche and the human condition.
    Last edited by jamesmusslewhite; 03-17-2010 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chad_tukes View Post
    “Thousands of people have written to tell me that I am wrong not to believe in God. The most hostile of these communications have come from Christians. This is ironic, as Christians generally imagine that no faith imparts the virtues of love and forgiveness more effectively than their own. The truth is that many who claim to be transformed by Christ’s love are deeply, even murderously, intolerant of criticism. While we may want to ascribe this to human nature, it is clear that such hatred draws considerable support from the Bible. How do I know this? The most disturbed of my correspondents always cite chapter and verse.”

- Sam Harris
    What is Sam Harris getting at?

Is he saying that because of the kind of letters that he received from many Christians in response to his books it follows that all Christians are intolerant, that Christianity is an intolerant religion, that the Bible can't be misused, that the New Testament is unreliable, or that Christianity is false?

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast