Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KE-25 View Post
    Maybe 16 teams , non keeper , auction draft on a 9 cat.

As to prize , yup lets discuss that , am sure we can come up with something interesting.

Note: if majority prefer h2h and if there isn't any room for Roto , ok lang , don't let me stop ya. A possibility is having two leagues h2h and roto.
    That's the plan. Main leagues for H2H and roto, both with prizes. For those who are asking what's the difference, here's my take (IMO)
    H2H - for those who are casual fantasy players who like to smack talk
    Roto - for hardcore fantasy junkies. Not for the faint of heart.

Therefore, I conclude, if we are to start a roto league, might as well bring in a grand prize para daghan mangapil. What do you think, @KE-25?

Pwede ra duha ka league for both of ya!

@KE-25 : Roto Scoring
    @lunateec22 : H2H

Whatcha say? @KE-25, better fill-up your league now and start creating para madayon na.

So in short duha ka leagues mu-exist diri sa iSTORYA.

@lunateec22 invite ko sa h2h bro pmgrogaard@yahoo.com. thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lunateec22 View Post
    That's the plan. Main leagues for H2H and roto, both with prizes. For those who are asking what's the difference, here's my take (IMO)
    H2H - for those who are casual fantasy players who like to smack talk
    Roto - for hardcore fantasy junkies. Not for the faint of heart.

Therefore, I conclude, if we are to start a roto league, might as well bring in a grand prize para daghan mangapil. What do you think, @KE-25?
    Yah we can do 2 leagues: Roto and H2H para people can choose where they want to play , least we have a choice at type of fantasy play. Sounds like a plan.

On Prize , yup we will have 2 prizes for both leagues , but we can discuss making it more interesting as some players have pledged prizes which is fun.

On communication , we will set up a whatsapp account for both leagues or one lang?

For non active players who have signed up , we will come up with a rule , as well as in game rules ..

This should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerRay View Post
    Pwede ra duha ka league for both of ya!

@KE-25 : Roto Scoring
    @lunateec22 : H2H

Whatcha say? @KE-25, better fill-up your league now and start creating para madayon na.

So in short duha ka leagues mu-exist diri sa iSTORYA.
    Sting , as for filling up a list , I take it one we started in the other thread was it? maybe we should create a thread with proper titles , i.e. Istorya Fantasy Roto (official league) and Istorya Fantasy H2H ( official league ).

Master Yoda's Quote “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

^^ So be it!

----

@lunateec22: Up to 20-22 teams ta on this league? Daghan pa siguro mu-join sa imo league?

maybe we should create a thread with proper titles , i.e. Istorya Fantasy Roto (official league) and Istorya Fantasy H2H ( official league ).
    Separate threads for separate leagues. That's a start.

On communication , we will set up a whatsapp account for both leagues or one lang?

For non active players who have signed up , we will come up with a rule , as well as in game rules ..

This should be fun.
    This should be okay. Ang problem lang sad kay not everyone is as active as they can be. Trades are very rare sa amo league kay almost everyone likes to play it safe. But, it's casual fantasy game, so I guess okay ra.

^^ Di ko familiar anang whatsapp account group chat thing. Sa ako uban na-apilan, we have FB group page where we communicate thru PM sa proposal for prompt response - then if agreeable both parties - PM the commish to post the trade deals sa page then let other GM's comment to vote if deals are fair and equal. If by majority doesn't think it's a fair deal, the GM will veto the deal. Gusto sa GM is a transparency to all GM's in the league. Daghan kaayo active GM's magpost sa amo page.

Di kalikayan ang uban GM na tearjerker kaayo labi na gibalibaran iya deal ug nisugot sa lain na trade. Pangamong ug kampanya dayon to veto the deal bisag fair kaayo ang value sa trade. lol
    Last edited by StingerRay; 08-24-2014 at 02:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    How about this:

iStorya Fantasy Basketball Keeper League - @lunateec22's league

iSTORYA.net Fantasy Basketball Open - @KE-25's league

I think it's better to acknowledge what type of game on the thread to minimize confusion. By the word "keeper league", first thing people will think it's more of a serious tournament.

When we say "open" by definition, a league is not restricted to any particular group of players. Anyone can join. I put iSTORYA.net cuz' its commissioner is one of the mods here, so he gets the right for that full site name. Plus, he's a moderator, for me that would automatically be a forum-sanctioned (online) event.

The idea I have in mind is that we could use the open tournament as a prerequisite for interested players to join the keeper league. A new forumer who's very unfamiliar in our forum and wants to join the keeper league, the commissioner will ask him or her to play on the open first - let's say the open tournament serves as a screening test before he/she can take over one of the future inactive teams or be on the waiting list.

My 2 cents.
    Last edited by FAQ; 08-24-2014 at 03:37 PM.

bro @lunateec22 sent you a pm

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lunateec22 View Post
    Separate threads for separate leagues. That's a start.

This should be okay. Ang problem lang sad kay not everyone is as active as they can be. Trades are very rare sa amo league kay almost everyone likes to play it safe. But, it's casual fantasy game, so I guess okay ra.
    I'm thinking we come up with a rule for less active managers and rules on trading.

To pattern to the league i'm in we have the bottom 3-4 managers pay a fine at the end of season , on trading if one doesn't make at least 2 trades in a season he will be on review and possibly changed the following season. It doesn't have to be exactly that but as long managers are aware there are rules, you'd probably see less of inactive managers and more trades. The goal is we don't want managers that go into this league because its easy , and if they have a bad draft and season they forget about this league. From the get go we need active managers that participate in live draft , managing of team and trading.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerRay View Post
    ^^ Di ko familiar anang whatsapp account group chat thing. Sa ako uban na-apilan, we have FB group page where we communicate thru PM sa proposal for prompt response - then if agreeable both parties - PM the commish to post the trade deals sa page then let other GM's comment to vote if deals are fair and equal. If by majority doesn't think it's a fair deal, the GM will veto the deal. Gusto sa GM is a transparency to all GM's in the league. Daghan kaayo active GM's magpost sa amo page.

Di kalikayan ang uban GM na tearjerker kaayo labi na gibalibaran iya deal ug nisugot sa lain na trade. Pangamong ug kampanya dayon to veto the deal bisag fair kaayo ang value sa trade. lol
    Don't mind FB instead of whatsapp , think most of us have FB anyway. As for managers voting on trade , here's my 2 cents if both parties doing the trade are agreeable and after commissioner review with a result being fair , i see no problem. Actually you bring up a good point , while it seems to be a fair process where all gm's vote for a trade being done , there may be issues if other gm's are not being approved. End of day you can't make everyone happy. And it is also vital to do a quick result on trades as it makes a difference especially with results on game play. If anyone has an issue with trade prior to approval as trade is shown in Yahoo , one can take up his case with commish.

Quote Originally Posted by FAQ View Post
    How about this:

iStorya Fantasy Basketball Keeper League - @lunateec22's league

iSTORYA.net Fantasy Basketball Open - @KE-25's league

I think it's better to acknowledge what type of game on the thread to minimize confusion. By the word "keeper league", first thing people will think it's more of a serious tournament.

When we say "open" by definition, a league is not restricted to any particular group of players. Anyone can join. I put iSTORYA.net cuz' its commissioner is one of the mods here, so he gets the right for that full site name. Plus, he's a moderator, for me that would automatically be a forum-sanctioned (online) event.

The idea I have in mind is that we could use the open tournament as a prerequisite for interested players to join the keeper league. A new forumer who's very unfamiliar in our forum and wants to join the keeper league, the commissioner will ask him or her to play on the open first - let's say the open tournament serves as a screening test before he/she can take over one of the future inactive teams or be on the waiting list.

My 2 cents.
    FAQ, Ok lang , we can do both as Istorya Fantasy Tournaments, plus it makes it fun people are vying to win in "The Tournament" whether h2h or roto , good thought though . When we do this i'd want people to look at me not as a mod in this instance but as one who will be playing with you guys. With that , i do understand the sanctioned tournament bit , but I was thinking since were creating two types of gameplay , we should do both being as important. The awesome thing that has happened here is , we are all in agreement and i'm excited for 2014-15 season and finally play with you guys

On Title - instead of just placing keeper or open , lets do Istorya Basketball Fantasy " Rotisserie " ROTO Official League and Istorya Basketball Fantasy " Head to Head " H2H Official League. Then we can place rules in page , discussion so on.

On prerequisite , my thoughts , open or keeper has no bearing on easy or hard. Its between h2h and roto. In fact if we talk of draft , open is harder because players change every year , hence i'm not a big fan of keeper leagues. And with the introduction of auction draft , one has a budget to keep in mind meaning players now have value like real managers do it in the NBA. That makes it even harder.

I think , people should decide which type of fantasy they want to play in and choose the league. While I like rookie fantasy players given a place to hone their skills and see if it is for them , i'll go with lunateec's thoughts i.e. roto for fantasy junkies , Roto is harder because your crunching numbers against all 15 other managers , doing statistics everyday to get a leg up on 15 other managers. Your not preparing for one manager a week. So going back to a stepping stone , both types have their differences in game play , its up to people to choose which one he or she prefers. Whether new or old fantasy players , the importance is don't be in active. That is why we need to place a rule on that , in fact a stiff rule.

Hope that helps guys

Oh and one more thing , i'll be merging this thread to the older one , and call it General Fantasy Discussion , then later in the day i'll make both official threads. I'll wait for your responses to this.
    Last edited by KE-25; 08-25-2014 at 08:14 AM.

Master Yoda's Quote “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast