Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I got semi-scammed at an online job from OnlineJobs.ph

I had worked for the company (or at least I think it is a company) since February 11, 2020, up until April 13, 2020, when all of a sudden The "CEO" deleted my access to the logins of IntensitiWear Shopify and Social Media Profiles.

Part of the reason why The "CEO" probably left me like this is that I no longer give attention to most of the tasks he gave me because I was looking for online remote work elsewhere that gives much better pay.

We have agreed that I will be paid $150 for 80hrs/mo and $300 for 160hrs/mo. and it will be paid weekly: In my country, that amount of monthly salary is good if you are 1 person.

I have 3 other clients which are part time that pay better than this. one client I only work for 10hrs/wk and I get $45/wk, the other is flexi-time for only 20hrs/wk I get $90/wk, my best client yet which replaced this scammer of a CEO is a full time job $40hr/wk and pays $150/wk

In short, The "CEO" gave me very little salary for too much work. What made me stay that I loved the social media strategies, Shopify that he shared with me even if he kept dodging my questions about salary. This should have been a red flag at the beginning but because I loved the work, I stayed.

My work varies from, daily market research, following competitors in social media platforms, doing all of the graphics, video and photo edits of various pictures that you are seeing now in the Instagram pages, emailing leads, looking for affiliates such as yourselves and work from the Shopify Store.

I understand that he is not getting sales from the short 2 months that I had worked for him probably because of COVID-19 but I believe this is no reason for him to leave me like this.

1 month's worth of work was not paid for me (specifically between February 11 to February 14 which is 4 working days and from March 23 up until April 13 which is 16 working days which total up to 20 working days.

At first, I was very optimistic about the initial plan for his mental health campaign as I myself want to help support mental health causes like this.

I told The "CEO" about partnering with other companies that support mental health but he declined the idea.

In my own opinion, if we are supporting mental health-related campaigns, we should partner with a lot of people or businesses to boost that kind of awareness campaign and not competing on each other.

any tips on how to report this hypocritical online scammer? Like a way to report to OnlineJobs.ph or maybe report US Scammers

semi-scammed kind of life...

naaaah, move on. pwd nimo ma-report but i don't think malihok na diha2 dayon.

always ask for an upfront pay/deposit or have the payment on escrow bfore magsugod inyo contract, else, ug daganan kas cliente nimo... wa kay makuha gyd. also, ayg patula nang lowballers. that's the reason why i avoid clients strictly from singapore AND india, & few arab countries (sometimes). not being racist here, pero kani sila naa gyuy bad record. kanang india ang isa sa rason ngano ning depreciate ang value sa work/pay sa freelancing landscape ky sobra ka barato mu bid, unya gisakyan pud sa uban so nahimong norm at some point. hahaha early 2000s pa nang mga panuwaya na. may gani ni-arang2 ron, pero still, it can get better mn gyd ba ug walay mu patol sab ug barat nga clients.

don't get too chummy with your clients either. keep it at a professional level. ok ra nang unsang charot2 pero when it comes to handling projects... money down, bich! you ain't gonna fool me! aw
    Last edited by gibra'al; 04-17-2020 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gibra'al View Post
    naaaah, move on. pwd nimo ma-report but i don't think malihok na diha2 dayon.

always ask for an upfront pay/deposit or have the payment on escrow bfore magsugod inyo contract, else, ug daganan kas cliente nimo... wa kay makuha gyd. also, ayg patula nang lowballers. that's the reason why i avoid clients strictly from singapore AND india, & few arab countries (sometimes). not being racist here, pero kani sila naa gyuy bad record. kanang india ang isa sa rason ngano ning depreciate ang value sa work/pay sa freelancing landscape ky sobra ka barato mu bid, unya gisakyan pud sa uban so nahimong norm at some point. hahaha early 2000s pa nang mga panuwaya na. may gani ni-arang2 ron, pero still, it can get better mn gyd ba ug walay mu patol sab ug barat nga clients.

don't get too chummy with your clients either. keep it at a professional level. ok ra nang unsang charot2 pero when it comes to handling projects... money down, bich! you ain't gonna fool me! aw
    Atay kaayo bossing ang iyahang handle name sa mga social profiles pang US man... sos pagtanaw nako sa iya LinkedIn kay arabo man diay.

Hinoon arabo siya pero he stayed sa US for 20 years and mejo na fluent na siya sa English pero mabantayan gihapon nimo iya accent na arabo jud oi... ang roots sa iyang pagka arabo naa gihapon oy... daghan ipa work, murag mamugos tas lowballer pajud... God I hate these type of people.

Gi report man nako gahapon sa onlinejobs na support team. ang iya rason ngano wala ko bayari kay wala daw ko gasaba ngano naa koy lain work and in my final two weeks sa ako time sa iya, sloppy work daw kuno... well sloppy work is still work... diba? don't tell me he can't pay me a single centavo for sloppy work? LOL

I mean like duhhh of course mangita kog lain work kay siya mismo dili consistent sa iya ingon... weekly pay lage ang pramis pero ang nahitabo monthly tas nay usahay ma THANK YOU ang uban adlaw.. ambot ug limtanon ba or iya ng gituyo.

hahaha, mkatagam gyd na sir. charge to experience nlng to at least kahibaw nka kinsay likayan sunod ba. miskan sakit sa buot, ay nalag expect nga malihok to diha2 dayon.

kana pung singaporean ai hilason kaayo dghan demands unya murag unsa kadak.a budget sa project. mag request pa'g videocall kuyog sa ilang heads. hilas ra btaw, wa gyd ko nidayon atong kontrataha to (years ago) human nko basaha ang project brief unya dli justifiable ang budgeted amount.

basta pgbantay lng anang lowballers.
    Last edited by gibra'al; 04-17-2020 at 01:02 PM.

Thanks for letting us know all this, yes, this is entirely bad from every angle, it's really possible to find job online for at least $5 per hour and I have seen many such jobs on that portal but I now I do see that it's all fakes entirely and anyway.

haha wa na jd ko mo usab dha kay $800 wa ko bayari sa usa ka client taga Australia nia grabeh pa kaayo og specs, kay SVG + animation around 2015, usa pa sd kanang onlinejobs.ph puro mana mga low baller sd kaayo. I suggest Upwork nlng ka kay dha ko nka tigom2 sd until ge ban ako account.

unpleasant story...

Hi! I had the same problem as you have because I lost my team. But some guys recommend to me use a https://433agent.com/ . So there you’ll find all about contracts and teams.Good luck!

If client didn't pay i always have fail safe inkaso. hahahaha

pinakapaboritong gamiton. hahahaha
    https://github.com/kleampa/not-paid

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast