Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: an open mind

Default an open mind

what if your current belief system i.e (Christianity, Islam, Atheism etc) is proven to be false? do you still have an open mind to accept what is true, and abandon your false faith?

atheist situation:
    like if one day god relieved himself to the world, gave everyone a chance but you where an atheist, will you start believing in him and start following his commandments?

christian situation:
    what if one day allah shows himself to the world and tell you that Christianity is false will you start believing in him and abandon christianity?

muslim/christian situation:
    what if one day god has been proven to be false will you accept that fact? and start living life without fear?
    but not necessarily going on a killing frenzy lol.

share your thoughts if youd will still believe in your old faith or change, if so then why.

I will live my life by the teachings of Christ. If God reveals himself to the world, than he will instruct us how he wishes us to truely follow him. I will follow with no questions asked. It is not a matter of who is right or wrong, that is man's foolish false pride. It is only important what is correct and true to God.

I was an Atheist at one point in my life, and that path I would not choose again.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmusslewhite View Post
    I will live my life by the teachings of Christ. If God reveals himself to the world, than he will instruct us how he wishes us to truely follow him. I will follow with no questions asked. It is not a matter of who is right or wrong, that is man's foolish false pride. It is only important what is correct and true to God.

I was an Atheist at one point in my life, and that path I would not choose again.
    you didn't answer the question.

Quote Originally Posted by silent-kill View Post
    atheist situation:
    like if one day god relieved himself to the world, gave everyone a chance but you where an atheist, will you start believing in him and start following his commandments?
    do we have a choice?

^^ haha nice answer bai..

self satisfaction ra jud.. kung asa ko maluwas adto ko.. if i believe that God is with me and he will save me..

IFs...

Quote Originally Posted by chad_tukes View Post
    you didn't answer the question.
    Sure I did, as honest and simply as I could answer such a question. I will not be convinced by proofs of man of no God. So it would have to be a challenge of my Christian faith by the appearance of a different God. If God appears he will instruct us on how he will want to be worshiped, and I will do it with no questions.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmusslewhite View Post
    Sure I did, as honest and simply as I could answer such a question. I will not be convinced by proofs of man of no God. So it would have to be a challenge of my Christian faith by the appearance of a different God. If God appears he will instruct us on how he will want to be worshiped, and I will do it with no questions.
    ok, now you answered it. on your first answer, you didn't really answer the question, because when you said GOD, it could be any GOD (like Allah as what the TS said), but then if it can be any GOD, why still follow the teachings of Jesus? wouldn't that be contradicting? Allah would be mad. lol

Quote Originally Posted by chad_tukes View Post
    ok, now you answered it. on your first answer, you didn't really answer the question, because when you said GOD, it could be any GOD (like Allah as what the TS said), but then if it can be any GOD, why still follow the teachings of Jesus? wouldn't that be contradicting? Allah would be mad. lol
    The way I worded my answer in my first response could be confusing. I had said.
    If God reveals himself to the world, than he will instruct us how he wishes us to truely follow him. I will follow with no questions asked. It is not a matter of who is right or wrong, that is man's foolish false pride. It is only important what is correct and true to God.

I meant that in reference to whatever God's true presence may be. His name would not matter or which man's religion would not matter. I would follow him with a corrected concept, his name would not matter. Only that he were the true God, I would follow Krishna, shave my head, ware orange bed sheets and sell incense at the air port; if that is what true God told me to do. White, black, green, brown, male, or female does not matter I would follow.

.. hhhhmmmmm, nice situational questions you got there

..well, me being an atheist, i belong to that first scenario. If God were to present himself, I would go to him and show him the middle finger for being an absentee landlord and i'll go to Satan and ask him to admit me to hell and make me a general. ( since God exists in these situations, all of the intangibles in the Bible or koran is present too, right ?? )

@james, we get your point about that universal god you're talking about, but the problem is, that is off topic. Keep on track to the issue at hand. choose one of silent kill's situation you belong to and answer it.

the situation is quite simple, if it is false? then you have nothing to do about it and still go on with your life!

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast