Default An Open Letter to Joker..

Speak out: Open letter to Joker
    by Joseph M. Dabon of Mandaue City

I share the same sentiments and concerns with my friends and acquaintances enough to use “we” in reaction to the above subject. And, throwing caution to the wind, would like to assume that what I write here represents the sentiments of the “public” you are indignant about.

To start with, we are as indignant as you concerning the things around us, politically. As much as you, we loath the utter lack of honesty and integrity among our public officials and how they use the Constitution, not as a benchmark for the conduct of their activities, but as a reference point from which to deviate. But the similarities end there and the differences begin.

We don’t eat and breathe and sleep with the Constitution, but our gut-feel says that it has been violated so many times, in so many ways. But who hasn’t? The difference is in the gravity and consequences of these infractions.

So if we have to raise our voices to high heavens in protest, shouldn’t it be against the entire bureaucracy, top to bottom and sideways?

Why shout?

You are a lawyer of enviable reputation. If this present administration has violated the laws of the land, would raising our voices and taking to the streets mend the situation? Wouldn’t taking it to court and charging it accordingly be a more effective course of action? You and your bunch in the Senate have done inquiries too many to count. Have you accomplished anything noteworthy for the guy in the street like me and the greater number of Filipinos? Why would shouting until our voices grow hoarse be of consequence?

To humor you, let’s say that we, too, shout and march to the streets. For who? We breathe and eat and sleep for the Filipino but we don’t’ get that much affinity with the personalities we frequently see on TV. Most of them had their chance and blew it.

The others have left behind a legacy so shameful that they shouldn’t even be shouting for “honest and clean leadership” if they had any sense of decency and propriety running in their veins.

I think it safe to say that we share the same degree of distaste for the current leadership. And it is unthinkable that no other
    Filipino can do better. The problem is that the noisy crowd you are encouraging us to be part of are only common in their noise, not in their light. I bet my last centavo, that if they are given their way, they will murder each other to death. You know why? Because they are just itching to do the same if given the chance.

Tell you what. Since the Edsa I, we, the majority of the Filipinos have put our hopes on the “unknown” and saw these hopes dashed to pieces. Resilient as we are, we have learned to live with and around the “known” rather than venture again into the “unknown.” For a guy of your wisdom, it is shocking to know that you have not learned of this reality yet. Do we like it? Of course not? Do we have a choice? Of course we do! Through Constitutional means — the election. But definitely not being part of a rabble-rousing group like what you are asking us to do or be a part of. Save your indignation. You’d live longer.

HALA MGA FISCALIZERS, OPPOSITIONISTS, MORALISTS, RIGHTISTS, LEFTISTS, COMMUNISTS, ANTI-ADMIN, ANTI-GMA OR WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL YOURSELVES DARE TO MAKE THIS AN ANTI-GMA THREAD AGAIN SO THAT WE CAN GET A CLEARER PERSPECTIVE OF WHAT YOUR BRAINS ARE REALLY MADE OF.

MIND YOU, THIS IS NOT A PRO-GMA COMMENT.

Default Re: An Open Letter to Joker..

no comment whatsoever? i thought so...

3.    Advertisement