Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hellblazer 2.1 View Post
    it wasn't even Jesus the Christ who created the church. but his followers did.
    but who gathered the first followers who then went on for generations? still Jesus...that means the same thing....

Quote Originally Posted by cptn_star View Post
    but who gathered the first followers who then went on for generations? still Jesus...that means the same thing....
    It was John the Baptist who gathered the first followers. He did not build a church, expect to be praised, or asked for money for telling man what was given freely by God. Jesus feed his follows and those that can to hear his words, and he never build a church, expected to be praised, or asked for money for telling man what was given freely by his father. Both gave their lives freely for their belief so we could have a path to salvation.

I guess that is one difference.

Quote Originally Posted by AmorsoloX View Post
    if i believe i created God.. then who are you to judge me? if i believe i killed god, then what can you do about it? are you going to kill me juz because im an infidel? .... i am entitled to my own philosophy and my own beliefs...

my beliefs and my philosophy are the results of free will, reason and intelligence, that the infinite Wisdom has blessed me with.. at least i know how to exercise such blessings rather than blindly following whatever info or so-called teaching is fed to me...

let no one be a slave to other man's creed or religion... freedom.

honestly thats why i hate the church.. it says that all others are wrong if they dont follow the church teachings
    the question is do you really believe in what you said?

Quote Originally Posted by cptn_star View Post
    are you absolutely sure about that? or, is that the popular sunday version taught to you?

Quote Originally Posted by treize View Post
    the question is do you really believe in what you said?
    yup... no point in arguing in what i dont believe and what i dont practice....

the world is a harsh place.. you have to keep it real to keep your nose above the water... even if it means doing things that you dont like very much...

i really dont see any point in converting anybody to my philosophy.. and i consider it an attack on one's individuality if somebody imposes one's philosophy on another...

i believe in freedom, individuality and free thought...
    Last edited by AmorsoloX; 03-20-2010 at 03:50 PM.

C.I.A.
    Blog Entries
    are you absolutely sure about that? or, is that the popular sunday version taught to you?
    The original source of the Sunday version, Jesus Christ himself the founder of the church.

Quote Originally Posted by AmorsoloX View Post
    yup... no point in arguing in what i dont believe and what i dont practice....
    I doubt it....

the world is a harsh place.. you have to keep it real to keep your nose above the water... even if it means doing things that you dont like very much...
    humans made it harsh to live..[/quote]

i really dont see any point in converting anybody to my philosophy.. and i consider it an attack on one's individuality if somebody imposes one's philosophy on another...

i believe in freedom, individuality and free thought...
    I agree with you with this one...

it wasn't even Jesus the Christ who created the church. but his followers did.
    unfortunately, the ROCK was the cunning one from the bunch....and the business/market oriented one.
    they chose wisely which to model and direct the HERD.

...When Christians insist on pestering others in order to convert them, it's likely that they are consciously imitating Peter's example.

C.I.A.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by munzter666 View Post
    unfortunately, the ROCK was the cunning one from the bunch....and the business/market oriented one.
    they chose wisely which to model and direct the HERD.

...When Christians insist on pestering others in order to convert them, it's likely that they are consciously imitating Peter's example.
    This is quite funny, did Simon Peter became rich?, is he a businessman?, he is just a humble fisherman, chosen by Jesus Christ not because he knows about monetary matters but trusted to flourish the word of GOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirong-say View Post
    This is quite funny, did Simon Peter became rich?, is he a businessman?, he is just a humble fisherman, chosen by Jesus Christ not because he knows about monetary matters but trusted to flourish the word of GOD.
    marketing skills arent exlusive to businessmen.... charlatans and other "mangingilad" have great marketing skills.. mahatma gandhi had great marketing skills... if he didnt, he wouldnt have many followers.. hitler and saddam also had good marketing skills...

11.    Advertisement