89. You may not vote on this poll
  • sure! why not?!

41 46.07%
  • no way!

48 53.93%
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Gays and Lesbians in Churches

Quote Originally Posted by potterboy
    should the church allow gays and lesbians to be ordained as priests and/or nuns?
    It doesn't make any sense to ordain a person who is known to be violating in a major way the moral codes of the Church he is being asked to serve. So a ordaining a PRACTICING gay is obviousl;y counter-productive (although the mistak does happen from time to time).

On the other hand, the Church recognizes that there are persons with homosexual orientations who are trying to control it and truly desire to be free of such carnal desires. That is admirable. As long as one does not engage in homosexual acts, then one does not the sin. Simply having an "orientation" is NOT in itself sinful. What one does about it, however, can be.

So I think the question has to be defined further.

Default Gays and Lesbians in Churches

well... para nko, LR jud. but if they're really called, and grabe ka strong ang ila calling... then why not? wala naman pud cguro tay mahimo ana if willing sila mosubmit sa ilang selves to God.

leaders must lead by example.. there are just some endeavors that a person (homosexual) can't just afford to plunge in..

Quote Originally Posted by mannyamador
    should the church allow gays and lesbians to be ordained as priests and/or nuns?
    It doesn't make any sense to ordain a person who is known to be violating in a major way the moral codes of the Church he is being asked to serve. So a ordaining a PRACTICING gay is obviousl;y counter-productive (although the mistak does happen from time to time).

On the other hand, the Church recognizes that there are persons with homosexual orientations who are trying to control it and truly desire to be free of such carnal desires. That is admirable. As long as one does not engage in homosexual acts, then one does not the sin. Simply having an "orientation" is NOT in itself sinful. What one does about it, however, can be.

seconded... i think kinahanglan i define further bitaw.

i don't think any gay or lesbian in their right frame of mind would want to be a priest or a nun. "right frame of mind" meaning what gays usually think about and their primary concerns. most of them are all about expressing their sexuality and showing others how they should not be ashamed of themselves. there is nothing wrong with that. but knowing how they are misunderstood, trying to let people understand them and searching for someone who would share with them this understanding would be most of their life's work. not service in the church.

but if in any case some of them tries this kind of service, i would think that it is not really the service that drives them, but some other thing. personal quest perhaps. with service only coming in second.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FK
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyamador

seconded... i think kinahanglan i define further bitaw.
    i dont think there is a need for me to define the question further. i need u guys to pour in insights, much better debate. there is more to this thread than crap. this is monitored. pls be so kind to understand that i may not need side comments that wud later lead to thread crapping. i wanna know who're the cons and pros and the reason behind it.

i already have the subject.

THANK YOU.
    iSTORYA.net Sitewide Forum Rules
    Buy/Sell/Trade/Classifieds Forum Rules
    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it.

Blog Entries

UPDATE on the list:

PRO

luvmebabhe!
    tarsus
    kremlin
    wiwiwab

CON

brod SPRINGFIELD_XD_40
    giver_bert
    luthienne
    mannyamador(?)
    FK(?)
    iSTORYA.net Sitewide Forum Rules
    Buy/Sell/Trade/Classifieds Forum Rules
    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it.

ok... no problem bro. I-add lang ko bro sa dili uyon.

Reasons: Just like Luthienne said... ang ila tingali intention is personal. Mura dili sab maau nga ang mo lead sa church kay libog.

Quote Originally Posted by tarsus
    sure!! why not!!!?

Yo higalang Spring.does it mean dat homosexuals are not made by God?then who..
    Homosexuality is not a God-made biological condition. It is a man-endorsed lifestyle orientation. There is no such thing as a gay or lesbian gene - only a male gene and female gene. The myth of gay gene is discussed in this article. A six-part article discusses the phantom gene in depth. Click here.

Until 1973, homosexuality was considered a mental disorder by the American Psychiatric Association. Dr. Robert Spitzer campaigned to removed homosexuality from the diagnostic manual of the association. He believed, then, that homosexual behavior could be resisted but sexual orientation could not be changed. The same doctor now believed that that position is untruthful. His current study showed that homosexuals can and do change. Read the article here. Another article written by medical personnel provide additional data on this matter. Read here.

Blog Entries

para nato wala man cguro na problema.....pero kon ang taga simbahan na ang pasultihun murag lisod labi na karon sa bag-ong santo papa..... so i keep my fingers cross regarding this matter! (matter ba ni?)

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast