Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default remembering images and words in the early 90's

dream theater's images and words
    was voted the greatest prog metal album of all time
    a friend of mine introduce me to this kind of music which leads me to be a fanatic in that genre.
    I just simply get bored of thrash metal genres which I usually listens in my younger days, the more I grew older the more I look for atmospheric tunes. But much to my surprise it reminds me so much of the older gods of rock n roll. lets start with the drummer whom I think is the greatest drummer in metal history, he's difinitely a combination of Rush's Neal Peart and Deep Purple's Ian Paice and on the Keyboard, the man has the technical prowess of Jon Lord and the atmospheric melody of Journey/Bad English's Jonathan Cain and on the axe Petrucci can play super fast and clean as Van Halen without losing its soul like some fast axeman do, and the bass who can play with the likes of Mr. Big's Billy Sheehan, yes he's that good, watch him live he's fantastic, and the vocal's who can sing as high as Skid Row's Sebastian Back. This band is difinitely more than a supergroup, grab this one whether your a rock fan or not, its a great record, don't worry its not heavy compared to their later releases, even your mom would difinitely like the track Another Day and Wait for Sleep, its a gem, its very rare for a technical band to realease this kind of record, which is whom I think a mixture of classical, hard rock, progressive.
    Last edited by depechebox; 01-27-2009 at 03:22 PM.

Plagiarized text

I wouldn't say PORTNOY is the greatest drummer in metal history.. although he is really really good.
    Best album prog metal album of all time?? Lalisonon sab.... daghang nindot nga Prog. TOOL's Lateralus .. RUSH's Hemispheres, Moving Pictures, 2112 ...

Why pamper life's complexities when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat?

DT may be my favorite band but I wouldn't also say that Portnoy is the greatest drummer in metal history bai EZRA. In his genre though, yes.

But with regards to the album, Images And Words, that is, by far, my favorite DT album (which is where I got my nick from). Second in my list is Awake.
    وليس هناك كعكه ، والكعكه هو كذبة.

Quote Originally Posted by EZRA
    Plagiarized text

I wouldn't say PORTNOY is the greatest drummer in metal history.. although he is really really good.
    Best album prog metal album of all time?? Lalisonon sab.... daghang nindot nga Prog. TOOL's Lateralus .. RUSH's Hemispheres, Moving Pictures, 2112 ...

rush ain't prog metal. I think you'e a big rush fan. they're very cool in the 70's. neal peart is just amazing.

You focus too much on genres.. I don't even know that there was a difference between Prog-Rock and Prog-Metal. All I know is that if its got intricate passages, highly technical segments and breaks, epic songs, odd time signatures, killer breaks, etc.. it's Progressive. If you listen to 2112, XANADU, and the whole Hemispheres album, it's as heavy as it gets around that era... as heavy as Iron Maiden (which is classified as Metal).

Why pamper life's complexities when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat?

i like all the songs sa images specially metropolis....DT is a very good band, maayo cla tanan. But daghan pa pud lain banda na maayo pud. kapoy na elaborate bsta mao na na.

i just cant wait they're new album i hope it'll sound like images and words with the heavyness of awake

hmm nice bitaw.. pero akong fave katong AWAKE nila na album and METROPOLIS 2 hehehe

ohwelps.. i cant wait to have my copy *ahem-ahem* @ my idol hahahhahaha

i'll be back for dat jaan :P

Quote Originally Posted by depechebox
    i just cant wait they're new album i hope it'll sound like images and words with the heavyness of awake
    Don't keep your hopes up. It's darker and heavier than Train Of Thought and it's nowhere near the albums you mentioned.
    وليس هناك كعكه ، والكعكه هو كذبة.

Default Re: remembering images and words in the early 90's

just recently purchased octavarium, and its very disappointing one...........dt. needs to fire rudess and rehires moore

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast