Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast

Default Re: ($$) Dollar to Peso Forecast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ho_chia
    i certainly wish it will hit the 38 mark comes 2008 as projected.
    Patay ang Pilipinas.

ha? ngano patay man sir?

Quote Originally Posted by Samsia
    Locally, there is more harm to our economy if we continue to experience this phenomenon. As posted by many istoryans, the OFWs and the exporters are the hardest hit sectors. Foreign investors like BPOs are also greatly affected. They earn in dollars while their costs are in pesos. If $ weaken(which is revenue) and peso strengthen(which is expense), basig manirado na sila.
    [br]Posted on: November 01, 2007, 11:39:26 PM_________________________________________________M uhinay ang mga negosyo kay lower earnings lead to lower demands. Kay kung dako purchasing power for example sa OFW, mamalit mana ug appliance, tukod balay, palit yuta, pagkaon etc. If nigamay ang kita, back to tightening the budget belt again. Viscious cyle na. We have to have a moneyed consumer for local businesses to flourish.

yah but there will be alot of other people that will benifit ani, saman sa ordinary workers. importers, etc.
    life is just turning in circle, pila man pud na cla ka decades gilamian sa increasing dollar values but kami nga peso earners, we want it down arun mas dako maabot sa amo wawarts inig palit mga US goods even travel will be cheaper,

Then government will have lower tax collections that will affect its capacity to pay loans and fund services so on and so forth....

not so quick, let'e give governement more elbo room sa. paginancyahun sa nato sa strong peso mas dako utang nga ma bayran. mas gamay budget deficit even basin naa patay surplus ani.

yah but there will be alot of other people that will benifit ani, saman sa ordinary workers. importers, etc.
    life is just turning in circle, pila man pud na cla ka decades gilamian sa increasing dollar values but kami nga peso earners, we want it down arun mas dako maabot sa amo wawarts inig palit mga US goods even travel will be cheaper,
    But temporary ra benefit for some sectors. In the long run, it will create a recession. Gradual appreciation or fluctuation would be ok. But at the rate its going now, it is not healthy for our economy. If the appreciation continues, government will surely step in. Wa lang na mosulod ron kay artificial pogi point man for the administration. The appreciation actually gives a false notion of economic strenghtening altho we really are gaining grounds in the economic side. Especially if ma approve ng Parity bill sa Congress. Mao na sige saka ang mining sector coz of this anticipation. If that bill becomes a law, tiger econmy ang Phil. sa Asia.

but would you say a continuing weakening of the peso will increase employment? dili man sab sir. maayo na without employment mo daghan micro businesses nuon. I say let the dollar and the peso be, let them take their proper courses if they go up so be it, if they go down so be it as well. and lets be resilient tp the dictate of economic performance.

kanang tiger economy sir, ambot lang kung mahitabo ba gyud na. i am not negative about us as a country or as a people. i believe that we have a purpose, we are the only christian country in asia. the economic burden is causing more filipinos to go out of the country. imagine 196 countries of the 238 countries worldwide naay pinoy. almost 8 million are exported and scattered worldwide.

until the word of GOD is preached unto all the nation and unto the ends of the earth then the end will come. hehe, over ba? but i certainly believe that all these could be a part of something bigger.

but would you say a continuing weakening of the peso will increase employment? dili man sab sir. maayo na without employment mo daghan micro businesses nuon. I say let the dollar and the peso be, let them take their proper courses if they go up so be it, if they go down so be it as well. and lets be resilient tp the dictate of economic performance.

kanang tiger economy sir, ambot lang kung mahitabo ba gyud na. i am not negative about us as a country or as a people. i believe that we have a purpose, we are the only christian country in asia. the economic burden is causing more filipinos to go out of the country. imagine 196 countries of the 238 countries worldwide naay pinoy. almost 8 million are exported and scattered worldwide.

until the word of GOD is preached unto all the nation and unto the ends of the earth then the end will come. hehe, over ba? but i certainly believe that all these could be a part of something bigger.
    Weakening of peso will not increase employment. But given the situation now that BPOs are a major source of employment, a drastic upward swing of the peso would cause some if not all multinational BPOs to reconsider their investments here. I'm all for entrepreneurial. However, every business needs capital. And for those nga wala pa, they have to be working for others first to amass the needed capital. Based on stats, 90% of Phil. businesses closed in the 1st 2 years due to lack of capital, mismanagement and depressed market.
    And then about the non intervention of the government, it is not practical. Look at the government as one big business entity. It should respond to changes and factors to gain better economic position for the benefit of its citizens.
    Re-tiger economy: it will happen if we just believe we can and execute what is needed to be done. So help us God.

Gigutom ko da. Evertime I correspond with you bro. this happens.

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast