Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmusslewhite
    No I just did not completely agree with you. I can accept that one can interpret many different things from the Bible. Men have use the book to establish their claims and many of those claims over history were simply wrong. I do not have to accept every claim that one makes while using the text. I just refuse blindly accept and do not choose to argue over points of semantics.

haha, you don't completely agree with me and yet everything you are saying now and in you previous posts are in line with the points im trying to tell you. that's funny James. come on keep the pride coming.

Yes I keep it simple. You have to keep it child simple and take the text in small steps it takes years of devotion for a spiritual child to mature into a true righteous being. Some people can not accept they are a spiritual child. Their adult brains require that they over-reason and over-think without true understanding. They refuse to take the small steps, and properly mature, they want to stand and preach even when not ready.

there is nothing wrong with simplicity James. I don't why its such a big deal to you. Yeah child do that, they keep it simple, can't blame them, their brain is not yet ready for mature discussions and higher learning. Child can be stubborn sometimes too they put a lot of reason over some petty stuff and they want to act like mature people. and they think that they know everything under the sun already, that's how a child is james, cant' blame them.

Mark 10:14-16 - [Jesus] said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them. (NIV)

When God says we must be as a little child to enter His kingdom, I can see why. A child sees things in the charm of mystical simplicity. We need to see God in this very way, to accept things as they are, and form our minds in child-like ways. We are, as little children, to believe in God and accept His Son as our Savior. This is called faith, and it is the way we accept God into our lives -- simply, without question, for it is He who chose us, not we who chose Him.

I don't know how is this related to our discussion about Alpha and Omega. By the way the verse is about having faith like a little child and not giving biblical interpretation like a child. There is a difference James just in case you don't know it.

You want to use the text for vindication of your own concept of God as the Great Destroyer. I see God as one who has to punish because of the actions of man. We anger the father, and then he must punish. I see God as the one thing that I know loves me, and wants only the best for me, and is willing to give me amazing things that are even beyond my comprehension; all I have to do is love him, obey him, and give him praise.

yes HE is James, He is the Great Destroyer, READ YOUR BIBLE. He Destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, He destroyed the Egyptian Armies, He commanded Moses to kill their enemies, why can't you accept the fact James, It is written in the Word. I think you are not reading your bible. tsk tsk...why are you avoiding this? you are starting to become a good salesman.

So if you think I miss your mark, than that is your problem not mine. I am doing as I am told, out of respect for my father. The question is are you?

no not my mark but proper exegesis. you did not follow proper bible hermeneutics and that's a big problem, wanna-be bible experts do that often. and FYI I took a lesson on Bible Hermeneutics. stop preaching, its not working.
    Let go of your pride and everything will go smooth in your life. Take no offense with what I said to you previously, about your simple interpretation of the word Alpha and Omega, for there is nothing wrong with being simple. Now I understand why you keep a simple interpretation, as you said it, you are just being like a child.
    Last edited by Malic; 01-16-2010 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tokidoki View Post
    I AM labeling all Christians or (their leaders) as blasphemers. After all, we Christians are the most concentrated bunch of hypocrites in collective history.
    "The lord would not allow you to do that..."
    "The lord wants us to do this..."
    bla bla bla....
    to me this is borderline in claiming to be god yourself.
    are you ok bro?

first you've said that "All christians as blasphemers", then you've included yourself as
    After all, we Christians

why consider all people who are claiming Christians are blasphemers?
    have you considered that they are professing Christians?

Why not study first the true meaning of Christians and who are Christians?

Don't conclude or define Christians by people who are just professing that they are CHRISTIANS.

If you've a bible, read Titus 1:16.

Peace!

hard to define god, one has to draw from one's own experience of god (or a lack of one) to even attempt to make a definition.............han nolan was very articulate of a god experience in his book "when we were saints" page 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    this is too way out. Just focus on our discussion. Avoid personal remarks that would lead to attacking other people's persona....tsk tsk...
    Personal remarks are allowed, you use them often, do not try to act pious. It was not a personal attack, just a personal observation. tsk tsk...Trying to use double standards.
    Last edited by jamesmusslewhite; 01-16-2010 at 12:53 PM.

Banned User
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rcruman View Post
    you're confident and sure that ANT doesn't know what the solar system looks like.
    have you talked to an ANT?
    Are you GOD to know everything?

Let me ask you soul doctor, Do you believe that GOD can make the ANT knows what the solar system looks like?
    If not then Its clear that your GOD is different from the GOD that I've known and worshipped.

Peace!
    Like rcruman knew his god.
    the ant knew the solar system well.

Let go of your pride and everything will go smooth in your life. Take no offense with what I said to you previously, about your simple interpretation of the word Alpha and Omega, for there is nothing wrong with being simple. Now I understand why you keep a simple interpretation, as you said it, you are just being like a child.
    That pride you call it is my long time understanding of the whole body of the text. Through years of intense fellowship and bible studies. You seem to want to depict an image of God as this Great Destroyer, he only destroys what the wickedness of man creates. He will stop the evil that was created by Satan and evil men. He is not destroying, he is remodeling, upgrading, improving on his creation and the universe. Man will still be here enjoying his new creation, a better creation. You want the term Alpha and Omega to fit you limited definition.

Why Alpha and Omega? Because they are the fist and last letters of the Greek alphabet, it is like saying "I am the A and the Z". He is saying Omega to show to the end of mankind. If man is to be forever than Omega has to mean forever. To the End of man's time. Please take no offense but you still have a lot to learn about the scriptures. Trying to belittle me does not make you right chief, I know better to fall for it so you resort to attacking and questioning my personal understanding as to try to control or censor me. I know better, to allow such trickery to be employed on me. Sorry but you are just wrong. I mean this with the utmost respect. And you need to lighten up on the attitude towards the Father. He loves us even when we spit at him. If he was the great destroyer, we would not still be here, he would have wiped us out a long time ago. It is nice to see a Muslim with so much interest in the Bible. It is refreshing.

Being like a child with my faith and my studies in the scriptures, allows me to avoid being foolish by making false claims, spreading misinterpretations, or committing blasphemes. Some are like a child with a loaded gun. I have seen some read half the book and then try to be preachers, they often do more harm than good. Not to themselves as much as to those they minister to, scripturely ministering is for the elders who have allowed the spiritual child within to properly mature into a true voice of the Lord.
    That is simply something you do not yet understand, please take no offense.
    Last edited by jamesmusslewhite; 01-16-2010 at 12:49 PM.

C.I.A.
    Blog Entries
    I think what Alpha and Omega ought to emphasize is that GOD is the beginning up to the end, for he the most righteous and omnipotent one " CREATED EVERYTHING".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesmusslewhite View Post
    Personal remarks are allowed, you use them often, do not try to act pious. It was not a personal attack, just a personal observation. tsk tsk...Trying to use double standards.

maybe I do, but I don't use it the way you do. You attack the persona, I hit on arguments. I don't why its hard for you to stay focus and just discuss the arguments. You got angry when I commented about your simple interpretation of the phrase Alpha and Omega, I even told you that it's fine, your interpretation is not wrong. Now you want to play the ad hominem card? and please stop denying that you were not offended, its too obvious to hide it. This will be my last reply to you in this thread, look at your arguments it is too far out from where it started. You have this habit of going out of context, may it be in bible interpretations and other matters.

maybe I do, but I don't use it the way you do. You attack the persona, I hit on arguments. I don't why its hard for you to stay focus and just discuss the arguments. You got angry when I commented about your simple interpretation of the phrase Alpha and Omega, I even told you that it's fine, your interpretation is not wrong. Now you want to play the ad hominem card? and please stop denying that you were not offended, its too obvious to hide it. This will be my last reply to you in this thread, look at your arguments it is too far out from where it started. You have this habit of going out of context, may it be in bible interpretations and other matters.
    Where is this personal attack? What ad hominem? Since I disagree with you? You should read the your own replies. You take every statement as a personal attack, It is not an attack to be disagreed with. Why do you even start threads if you do not allow opposing points of views? When you are wrong a member should be able to tell you he thinks you are wrong, without receiving snippy campy remarks from you.

Isaiah 44:6 God Almighty affirms: "I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God." Again, in Isaiah 48:12, God said: "I am he; I am the first and I am the last," and God said this right after His pronouncement that "I will not yield my glory to another" (verse 11b).
    T
    he first and last letters express eternality and omnipotence. It is an affirmation that He is the all-powerful One of eternity past and eternity future.

Do not worry, I will now always avoid you.
    Last edited by jamesmusslewhite; 01-16-2010 at 06:34 PM.

^ahihihi, naay nag LQ.

god is love

11.    Advertisement

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast