Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: an open mind

Quote Originally Posted by prukutung View Post
    a God with an organic body?? what more can you think about a scientific being??

basically, God is just some imaginary abstract idea that was conceptualized by pure common sense that there's something more bigger than us....

ofCourse it would be ridiculous to think that we're all here without any reason to existence, at all...

God as a scientific being, despite earth being proved to be the one rotating the sun, is something unthinkable... unless if it's proven that we're all just products of some crazy ass experiment..

and I'm OT already..
    i was thinking like 'something' that can be tested or proven/experimented upon etc.

Banned User
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by silent-kill View Post
    i was thinking like 'something' that can be tested or proven/experimented upon etc.
    We are far down in the level of beings on this universe compared to God.
    So it is just normal that we can not grasp this God's nature and much more prove his existence.

simply saying no religion is the only thruth , as most claim themselves as the one and only./.

the gap between us and god is like the connection between non-fiction and illustrated fable books..

Quote Originally Posted by silent-kill View Post
    what if your current belief system i.e (Christianity, Islam, Atheism etc) is proven to be false? do you still have an open mind to accept what is true, and abandon your false faith?

atheist situation:
    like if one day god relieved himself to the world, gave everyone a chance but you where an atheist, will you start believing in him and start following his commandments?

christian situation:
    what if one day allah shows himself to the world and tell you that Christianity is false will you start believing in him and abandon christianity?

muslim/christian situation:
    what if one day god has been proven to be false will you accept that fact? and start living life without fear?
    but not necessarily going on a killing frenzy lol.

share your thoughts if youd will still believe in your old faith or change, if so then why.
    Isn't God or Allah have the same meaning?

Well, as for me, it would never cease to surprise me if God is proven false and that also proven true... nothing really matters. If God one day shows up... my first question would be... What's next? If God is proven false... the same question goes.... what's next? Uncertainty? Nope, it's a matter of acceptance in between.

Quote Originally Posted by fingolfin View Post
    .. hhhhmmmmm, nice situational questions you got there

..well, me being an atheist, i belong to that first scenario. If God were to present himself, I would go to him and show him the middle finger for being an absentee landlord and i'll go to Satan and ask him to admit me to hell and make me a general. ( since God exists in these situations, all of the intangibles in the Bible or koran is present too, right ?? )
    what if that God is Allah and he will give you 72 virgins for not going to Satan. Would you still want to be Satan's General? hehehe

@topic

If God would show me that I'm wrong then I will denounce my faith.

atheist situation:
    like if one day god relieved himself to the world, gave everyone a chance but you where an atheist, will you start believing in him and start following his commandments?
    the believing part would be okay...the obeying part would be "it depends". who/which one got it right?
    if this "god" turns out to a the biggest douche bag of the universe...do i still have a CHOICE? I too wont hesitate waving my middle finger if that douche god was the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by prukutung View Post
    the gap between us and god is like the connection between non-fiction and illustrated fable books..
    Enter Peter Pan...

atheist situation:
    so , he still need to undergo several court order.. need to contribute to science perhaps . lol

Quote Originally Posted by tripwire View Post
    Isn't God or Allah have the same meaning?

Well, as for me, it would never cease to surprise me if God is proven false and that also proven true... nothing really matters. If God one day shows up... my first question would be... What's next? If God is proven false... the same question goes.... what's next? Uncertainty? Nope, it's a matter of acceptance in between.
    exactly acceptance is the keyword here, everybody is searching/waiting for some 'truth' if it present itself, then we should accept it. imo

11.    Advertisement

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast