Page 1 of 39 123411 ... LastLast

Default NBA OFF-SEASON 2008 (Draft, Rumors And Transactions)

NBA 2008 MOCK DRAFT

1 - Miami Heat > Michael Beasley PF
    2 - Seattle SuperSonics > Derrick Rose PG
    3 - Minnesota T'wolves > Jerryd Bayless PG/SG*
    4 - Memphis Grizzlies > Brook Lopez C
    5 - New York Knicks > OJ Mayo PG/SG*
    6 - LA Clippers > Danilo Gallinari SF
    7 - Milwauee Bucks > Eric Gordon SG
    8 - Charlotte Bobcats > Kevin Love PF/C
    9 - Chicago Bulls > Anthony Randolph
    10 - New Jersey Nets > DeAndre Jordan C
    11 - Indiana Pacers > DJ Augustin PG
    12 - Sacramento Kings > Russell Westbrook PG/SG
    13 - Portland Trailblazers > Donte Greene SF/PF
    14 - Golden State Warriors > Chase Budinger SG/SF
    15 - Phoenix Suns (from Hawks) > Marreese Speights PF/C
    16. Philadelphia 76ers > JaVale McGee C
    17. Toronto Raptors > Chris Douglas-Roberts SG/SF
    18. Washington Wizards > Roy Hibbert C
    19. Cleveland Cavaliers > Nicolas Batum SF
    20. Denver Nuggets > Darren Collison PG
    21. New Jersey Nets (from Mavs) > Darrell Arthur PF
    22. Orlando Magic > Alexis Ajinca PF/C
    23. Seattle (from Suns) > Joe Alexander SF/PF*
    24. Utah Jazz > Hasheem Thabeet C
    25. San Antonio Spurs > Brandon Rush SG/SF*
    26. Houston Rockets > Ty Lawson PG
    27. New Orleans Hornets > Robin Lopez PF/C
    28. Memphis (from Lakers)> Tyler Hansbrough
    29. Detroit Pistons > Serge Ibaka PF
    30. Boston Celtics > Jason Thompson PF/C

Mock draft lang sa kay wala pa man ang lottery and some youngsters have not declared to turn PRO. I'll be doing some updates later on.
    **Minnesota (22-60) won a tiebreaker with Memphis
    **New York (23-59) won a tiebreaker with the Los Angeles Clippers
    **Phoenix (55-27) won a tiebreaker with Houston
    **San Antonio (56-26) won a tiebreaker with New Orleans

NBA NEWS:

New York Knicks - Isiah Thomas has been FIRED as the head coach of the New York Knicks. Thomas is 187-223 as an NBA coach during his tenures in Indiana and New York.

"I just believe a new voice, a new coach, is necessary to change the direction of the team," said Donnie Walsh.

Mark Jackson
    is the leading candidate to become the Knicks' new coach.

+more Knicks...>>> Indiana's Jermaine O'Neal might be a short-term possibility for the Knicks this offseason, according to the New York Post.

Donnie Walsh would prefer that the Knicks became a playoff team while he works on clearing out cap space over the next two years, similar to the quick rebuilding job he did in Indiana after their Finals appearance in 2000.

The Pacers and Larry Bird might be willing to take on some expiring contracts, specifically Stephon Marbury, to cut costs in exchange for O'Neal.

================
    Chicago Bulls - The Bulls are now looking at their options who can man the sidelines for Chicago and has Larry Brown, Mike Fratello, and Terry Porter on their radar. However, Dallas coach Avery Johnson and Mark Jackson are also included.

Bulls assistants Tom Thibodeau and Michael Curry are included also as well as Rick Carlisle, Paul Westphal, Dwane Casey and Jeff Van Gundy
    ===============
    Milwaukee Bucks - Bucks' Coach Larry Krystkowiak was FIRED on Thursday one day after finishing a disappointing season on the sidelines, according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.

His tenure with the Bucks ended up lasting a little more than a year after being named head coach in March of 2007.

New General Manager John Hammond hinted that he would determine Krystkowiak's fate shortly after the 2007-08 season ended.

Rick Carlisle and Scott Skiles have been mentioned as possible replacements in the early going.
    ==================
    Miami Heat - Mike Fratello is rumored to be one of the candidates to coach the Heat next season if Pat Riley is no longer on the sideline, according to the Miami Herald.

Other names that were mentioned in the report were Ron Rothstein and Erik Spoelstra.

Fratello is of Riley's generation but has enjoyed more success running an open-style of basketball.
    =====================
    Orlando Magic - The Magic appear to be more open to trading guard J.J. Redick now, according to the Orlando Sentinel.

GM Otis Smith refused to trade the former Duke star before the season and at this year's trade deadline.

However, Smith is now open to dealing Redick around this June's draft - but he hasn't ruled out keeping all the team's free agents and players.
    =====================
    Portland Trail Blazers - Nate McMillan will have Greg Oden and yet another lottery pick when the 2008-09 season starts, but he's still not content with the team's roster, according to HoopsWorld.

"I think experience," said McMillan when asked about what the team really needs heading into next season. "We were one of the youngest teams in the league this year, and I think experience will help us. Going through this year has helped. We'll add on two young players in Greg (Oden) and Rudy (Fernandez) and perhaps a draft pick, so I think we need to add some experience to the roster."

keyword >>> EXPERIENCE, meaning veteran presence
    ===================
    Golden State Warriors - Forwards Mickael Pietrus and Matt Barnes are unlikely to return to the Warriors next season. Also likely gone is their 2006 lottery pick Patrick O'Bryant.

Pietrus tried desperately to get out of Golden State last summer, and Barnes was unable to duplicate his 06-07 success.

The Warriors would like to keep Kelenna Azubuike, but if the standout reserve returns, it will be under a new contract. As expected, Azubuike said that he will opt out of the final year of his minimum-wage deal and test the market.
    ===================
    Seattle SuperSonics - NBA owners have approved the Seattle SuperSonics' move to Oklahoma City for the 2008-09 season, pending the resolution of litigation between the team and the city of Seattle. The owners, meeting in New York, voted 28-2 in favor of the move, with Portland and Dallas opposing it.

"It really doesn't feel like it's over here yet," Sonics forward Nick Collison, who owns a home up the hill from KeyArena, said before the vote was taken. "There's still a lot of things to do." The city's hope is to keep the Sonics in town for what would appear to be two lame duck seasons, to buy time for a group led by Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer to find an arena solution and eventually purchase the team from Bennett to keep them in town. Ballmer's group already has proposed paying for half of a $300 million expansion of KeyArena, with the other half coming from the city and from county tax revenues. "We know the longer they are in the Seattle, the better the chance they will stay," Mayor Greg Nickels said Thursday of the Sonics.

Default Re: NBA OFFSEASON 2008 (DRAFT, RUMORS AND TRANSACTIONS)

BOARD OF GOVERNORS APPROVES SONICS MOVE TO OKLAHOMA

The NBA Board of Governors today endorsed the recommendation of the NBA Relocation Committee and approved the move of the SuperSonics from Seattle to Oklahoma City for the 2008-09 season, subject to a resolution of the pending litigation between the Sonics and the city of Seattle that removes any requirement for the team to play at KeyArena for the next two seasons.

“The support for the NBA demonstrated by the fans, government leaders and business community of Oklahoma City over the last three years has been extraordinary,” said NBA Commissioner David Stern. “The Board of Governors is confident that that level of local support will result in success for the Sonics franchise in Oklahoma."

Paul Allen and Mark Cuban were reportedly the only owners to vote against the move.

Mike Beasley first pick I'm sure of that!!! ^^

OJ Mayo at 5? Layo-a gud...

layo-a Tyler Hansbrough oi..was thinking 15th. maybe he could fit with the suns since he can and loves to run..

Larry Brown ang new head coach sa Denver Nuggets (hoping)

As what I've put there, it's only a mock draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan13L
    layo-a Tyler Hansbrough oi..was thinking 15th. maybe he could fit with the suns since he can and loves to run..
    However, I'm also aware of some advantages of those players that I put on over the well-known college hoopsters. Anyway, instead of putting Tyer Hansbrough for the Suns, I instead chose Marreese Speights because of his good size (6'10, NBA caliber frame, super long arms, and impressive athleticism). I don't have a video though, just some scouting report that I've read a lot kadto wa ko'y lingaw. He's even compared to Al Jefferson with his mobile abililty to score as a big man.

Anyway, as for Tyler Hansbrough, he's 6'9 and "loves" to run I agree but he reminds me of Luis Scola with a little bit of speed. However, the Suns don't feel like using a rook in their quest for the title, especially when they're still in as title contender in the next 1-2 years. They could trade the pick BUT Tyler Hansbrough's stock can still get higher.

Again, it's only a mock draft.

Quote Originally Posted by The Good$!!!
    Mike Beasley first pick I'm sure of that!!! ^^

OJ Mayo at 5? Layo-a gud...
    I know, but given the overall performance in the NCAA Finals between Kansas and Memphis, Derrick Rose has upped his value in the draft. I would not give up Jerryd Bayless' spot for OJ too since the 6'3 combo guard from Arizona is too good for me to pass and Minnesota needs more of his explosiveness in the offensive end.

Brook Lopez is a lock for me as a C for the Grizzlies, though I have nothing against Darko Milicic, this kid can really become an impact. Memphis does not need more firepower in the backcourt since they already have Rudy Gay as their go-to-guy while Mike Miller is tradeable this offseason to get a guy who has experience. Mike Conley is a lock in the PG spot for Memphis.

OJ Mayo, on the other hand, had some jitters in his first NCAA game like forcing shots and made uncharacteristic errors. This caused his stock to decrease a little bit that is why I picked Bayless over Mayo for the Wolves to take. Not that I'm judging things because of Mayo's confidence though, but we'll never know what these teams have in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer sensAtion
    Larry Brown ang new head coach sa Denver Nuggets (hoping)
    Mike Woodson dayon...

Phoenix might consider looking for a good replacement for Steve Nash in the near future. Amare Stoudemire and the Suns offense are really sour and dead without a very good point guard orchestrating plays.

Default Re: NBA OFF-SEASON 2008 (Draft, Rumors And Transactions)

Thank you Donnie Walsh for firing Isiah Thomas, the worst coach ever for the knicks...

Quote Originally Posted by slakker
    Thank you Donnie Walsh for firing Isiah Thomas, the worst coach ever for the knicks...
    or in NBA HISTORY

^pwede... worst executive in basketball history...

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 39 123411 ... LastLast