Page 1 of 152 123411 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Second Look on Islam

Islam, the religion founded by the Prophet Muhammad(peace be unto him). It is now according to some sector the fastest growing religion in Europe. The 2nd largest religion of the world with billions of members.

I think that its about time to give this religion a second look. Misconceptions and fundamentalism has brought this wonderful religion in the pit of shadows. Where scary figures and actuations popped ones mind upon hearing its name.

Islam is a beautiful religion and i think that it deserves a second look.

Blog Entries
    What is Islam?

Islam is an Arabic word that means 'submission', and derives from a word meaning 'peace'. In a religious context it means complete submission to the will of God. What is the will of God? that we should follow the path of modesty and have a successful life, and to be successful means to live a peaceful and happy life w/ our family and friends.

Who are the muslims?

They are the followers of Islam. The religion is called Islam, the followers are the muslim.

What do muslims believe?

Muslims believe in One, Unique, Incomparable God; in the Angels created by Him; in the prophets through whom His revelations were brought to mankind; in the Day of Judgement and individual accountability for actions; in God's complete authority over human destiny and in life after death. Muslims believe in a chain of prophets starting with Adam and including Noah, Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Job, Moses, Aaron, David, Solomon, Elias, Jonah, John the Baptist, and Jesus, peace be upon them. But God's final message to man, a reconfirmation of the eternal message and a summing-up of all that has gone before was revealed to the Prophet Muhammad through Gabriel.

This is a nice start.

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    Islam, the religion founded by the Prophet Muhammad(peace be unto him). It is now according to some sector the fastest growing religion in Europe. The 2nd largest religion of the world with billions of members.

I think that its about time to give this religion a second look. Misconceptions and fundamentalism has brought this wonderful religion in the pit of shadows. Where scary figures and actuations popped ones mind upon hearing its name.

Islam is a beautiful religion and i think that it deserves a second look.

Really?

Since you are posting this here? Are you open to criticisms? No fatwah to those who would openly dislike Islam?

I'm asking these 'coz discussions in forums like this could get very heated. I hope Muslims will be very tolerant as they would like to claim their religion is.

watch mode here.. what the ADD boys can say.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kalanrakas View Post
    Really?

Since you are posting this here? Are you open to criticisms? No fatwah to those who would openly dislike Islam?

I'm asking these 'coz discussions in forums like this could get very heated. I hope Muslims will be very tolerant as they would like to claim their religion is.

Sure, i am open to criticism. Just have to put things in context.

Blog Entries
    basa lang ko with my popcorn and coke ... wait sa mga possible reaction

i am not anti-Islam. Some of my best friends are Muslims. However, I want you to put on record since I can't read Arabic. Are there verses in the Quran that call for the killing of Jews and Christians?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kalanrakas View Post
    i am not anti-Islam. Some of my best friends are Muslims. However, I want you to put on record since I can't read Arabic. Are there verses in the Quran that call for the killing of Jews and Christians?

call for the killing of Jews and christians?

Before ill answer this, can you tell me what particular religion are you in?

Quote Originally Posted by DEMONOCIETY View Post
    basa lang ko with my popcorn and coke ... wait sa mga possible reaction
    tapad ta bai ... pa share sad sa imong popcorn ug coke.

*minaw ug imagine*

hehehe this is it.. ADD meets Muslims..
    watch mode here.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 152 123411 ... LastLast