View Poll Results: Istoryans: What's your favorite anime of 2008?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clannad

0 0%
  • Code Geass R2

7 50.00%
  • Ga-Rei -Zero-

0 0%
  • Gundam 00

1 7.14%
  • Kannagi

2 14.29%
  • Macross Frontier

2 14.29%
  • Mnemosyne

0 0%
  • Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea

0 0%
  • Strike Witches

0 0%
  • Vampire Knight

2 14.29%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Your Favorite Anime of 2008: Year-Ender Poll

HEY, HEY!!! Minna!!!

Time to vote for the anime you most enjoyed for 2008! The one you loved the most, kadtong di ka sapoton ka kay gamay ra kaayo ang seeds, kadtong absenan nimo sa klase!

But it is said that you should call no man happy until he is dead, so I've decided not to judge a series that's not yet done (like my favorite ToraDora! and shows that have no end in sight like Bleach and Naruto). Also, since our poll can only have so much options, I've decided to leave out some less popular titles (I had a hard time deciding between Vampire Knight and Da Capo 2, but chose the former since vampires seem to be all the rave these days).

Hinaut unta, you could choose from one of the options. But nobody's gonna stop you if you add one title of your own!

Here's my original list:

Blade of the Immortal
    Blassreiter
    Clannad
    Code Geass R2
    Da Capo 2
    Detroit Metal City
    Dragon Ball: Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!
    Fist of the North Star
    Freedom Project
    Ga-Rei -Zero-
    Gundam 00
    Kaiba
    Kannagi
    Kanokon
    Kemeko Deluxe!
    Koihime Muso
    Macross Frontier
    Mnemosyne
    My-Otome 0~ S.ifr~
    Persona - Trinity Soul
    Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea
    Shigofumi: Letters from the Departed
    Sora no Iro, Mizu no Iro
    Spice and Wolf
    Strike Witches
    To Love-Ru
    True Tears
    Vampire Knight
    Zoku Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei

So, whatcha waiting for? Cast your votes now! Poll expires one month after New Year's Day.

tadan! I voted Macross Frontier XD

Code Geass R2. Macross Frontier would have been number one if not for the sucky way the 3 way relationship was handled in the end.

Akong gub-on akong 1337 leet para lang sa Kannagi... Kay kataw-anan man kaayo. Idol kaayo si Nagi-Sama. haha, Macross frontier okay ra pud. choy siya pero nothing breathtaking. Code Geass R2, samok na kaayo ang storya. Bisan asa lang ma saag. and several episodes of plot development will be canceled out just to give you a cliffhanger that wouldn't even create much of an impact.

Kannagi nal lang.

...I should stop comparing every anime to Gurren Lagann.

xD Gi guba gyud ang 1337 ay. All for Nagi-sama.. xD

Hmm.. i'm having a hard time choosing.

None of the above na lng ko. xDDD
    Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei FTW!!! xDDD

I have a couple of favorites included sa poll, pero wala nlng sa ila ako i-vote para fair. xDDD

gundam 00..hehe

nindotan ko, labaw na karon naa nai 2nd season..

nindot mn pd ang story line sa kiba..

mao mn nah dba kato naa clai mga spirit2?

come on people, vote vote! Interesado ko kung unsay favorite ninyo pag 2008.

Best Action: Gundam 00. And I had my hopes high for Blade of the Immortal. Moral Lesson: watch anime first, read manga later.

Best Plot Twist: Code Geass R2 (wa nay lain) this show is all about the plot twists. Lelouch started the rebellion to make Nunally happier. By killing himself, he robbed Nunally of the only thing that would truly make her happy.
    Runner Up: Clannad

Best OST: Gundam 00. Okay, I'm kidding. Macross Frontier, wala nay lain. utot na lang nang uban OST, wa na mo'y pag-asa basta kadungan ninyo ang usa ka macross series.

Best Animation: I'm holding out on this one until I see Kara no Kyoukai. Otherwise, Kannagi ra gihapon. Detailed movements that remind me of Haruhi Suzumiya can be found here. On some episodes you can really see nga wala sila nag daginot sa cels. Usahay OA pa gani tan-awon.

Best Comedy: Kannagi. They rely on witty and comedic poses rather than slapstick. No upskirt shots here, too.

Best Drama: Clannad. The first arc with the whatshername dead girl was moving. But for some reason, the Tomoyo-Tomoya special alternative episode remains unwatched in my PC.

Best Protagonist: Lelouch Vi Britannia. I'd eagerly wait for my download to finish wondering what kind of new stunt he'd pull from his butt.
    Runner up: Nagi

Best Antagonist: Wala pa...

Best Arthouse Anime: Kaiba. Very unconventional art style.

Cliffhanger of the Year: Code Geass R2. Is Lelouch alive? is he dead? the show's ending left thousands, millions of idiots arguing about this. I know that iStoryans are just having fun discussing this (I hope) but visit other anime discussion sites and you'll see how low some otakus can get. Give it a rest, he's an animated character for Kami-sama's sake.

Best OVA: Lucky Star. It's 45 minutes long...! Minoru Shiraishi proclaiming "I AM ZERO!!!" was simply the best. My only complaint was that Akira's seiyuu turned out to be rather annoying. She's too self-conscious.

Best Anime: Kannagi. It would have been Geass if it weren't for the heel face turns every now and then. It was cool at first; it became annoying later on and eventually left me displeased. It would have been Macross but Alto's pathetic and because those eps drawn by Pinoys suck. I'm not discriminating against my own race, but if it sucks, it sucks. Regardless of the ethnicity of the creators.

Best Manga: Evangelion unta to, kung gihuman pa nila. Yoshiyuki Sadamoto, wherefore art thou?

Best Website: Istorya.net *ehem* *ehem*

<end of nerd rant>
    Last edited by Isteb; 01-03-2009 at 11:14 AM.

hmmm... lima pa gihapon ka tao ni botar, asa na man ang uban?

UPDATE: Kara no Kyoukai has four eps so far, 7 eps in total. each one an hour long. AN HOUR. LONG. pero choy gyud ug animation.

Para ma enganyo mo, it's in the same setting with Shingetsutan Tsukihime and is somehow related to Fate Stay Night.
    Last edited by Isteb; 01-03-2009 at 10:33 PM.

Mnemosyne was a tad violent... but awesome. Haven't finished it though. I'm on my way to R2.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast