Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The one that got away...

-----I just love this...right thru the heart....damn the writer.... ... ----

:inlove:

The one that got away
    Source: The Manila Times
    By: Mark J. Macapagal

In your life, you'll make note of a lot of people. Ones with whom you shared something special, ones who will always mean something. There' s the one you first kissed, the one you first loved, the one you lost your virginity to, the one you put on a pedestal, the one you're with...and the one that got away.

Who is the one that got away? I guess it' s that person with who everything was great, everything was perfect, but the timing was just wrong. There was no fault in the person, there was no flaw in the chemistry, but the cards just didn' t fall the right way, I suppose.

I believe in the fact that ending up with someone, finding a longtime
    partner that is, does not lie merely in the other person. I can actually
    argue that an equal part, or maybe even the greater part, has to do with the matter of timing. It has to do with you being ready to settle down and
    commit to someone in a way that goes beyond the little niceties of giddy
    romance.

How often have you gone through it without even realizing it? When you're
    not ready to commit in that mature manner, it doesn't matter who you're
    with, it just doesn' t work. Small problems become big; inconsequentials
    become dealbreakers simply because you're not ready and it shows. It' s not that you and the person you're with are no good; it' s just that it's not
    yet right, and little things become the flashpoint of that fact.

Then one day you're ready. You really are. And when this happens you'll be ready to settle down with someone. He or she may not be the most perfect, they might not be the brightest star of romance to ever have burned in your life, but it'll work because you're ready. It'll work because it' s the right time and you'll make it work. And it'll make sense, it really will.

So that day comes when you're finally making sense of things, and you find yourself to be a different person. Things are different, your approach is different, you finally understand who you are and what you want, and
    you've become ready because the time has truly arrived. And mind you,
    there's no telling when this day will come. Hopefully you're single but you
    could be in a long-term relationship, you could be married with three kids,
    it doesn't matter. All you know is that you've changed, and for some reason, the one that got away, is the first person you think about. You' ll think about them because you'll wonder, " What if they were here today?" You'll wonder, "What if we were together now, with me as I am and not as I was? " That's what the one that got away is. The biggest " What if?" you'll have in your life. If you're married, you'll just have to accept the fact that the one that got away, got away. Believe me, no matter how fairy tale you think your marriage is, this can happen to the best of us. But hopefully you're mature enough to realize that you're already with the one you're with and this is just another test of your commitment, one which will just strengthen your marriage when you get past it. Sure, you'll think about him/her every so often, but it' s alright. It' s never nice to live with a "might have been," but it happens.

Maybe the one that got away is the one who's already married. In which case it's the same thing. You just have to accept and know that your memories of that person will probably bring a nice little smile to your lips in the future when you're old and gray and reminiscing.

But if neither of that is the case, then it's different. What do you do if
    it's not yet too late? Simple...find him, find her. Because the very existence of a" one that got away " means that you'll always wonder, what if you got that one?

Ask him out to coffee, ask her out to a movie, it doesn' t matter if you've
    dropped in from out of nowhere. You'd be surprised, you just might be "the one that got away" as well for the person who is your "the one that
    got away."

You might drop in from out of nowhere and it won't make a difference. If the timing is finally right, it'll all just fall into place somehow and you
    know, I'm thinking, it would be a great feeling, in the end, to be able to
    say to someone, "Hey you, you're the one that almost got away."

whew! nice read!

the one that got away....is better left where he is now....away from me

somehow i don't agree with this. i liked reading the first paragraphs. but it didn't go where i expected it to. i thought this was about letting go of anyone who got away. about accepting the fact that someone 'got away.' i thought this was about the kind of thinking where the one that got away was meant to be gone. i thought this was about saying no to 'what if's.'

this will do very good for those people who, at one point in their lives, left someone and realized too late that they love that person. if i were to sum this all up, this is about giving hope to those people; that it isn't too late, that they can go back if they want to. but that is okay. hope is good.

but this is also giving false hope to those people who were the ones being left behind. i don't need to say this, but everyone knows not everyone comes back. this would indeed prove misleading to these people. all i know is if i chanced upon this the very first time my heart was broken (corny), this would definitely prolong my suffering instead of giving me wisdom.

this is all assuming that the one who got away was the one being left behind. but what if the one that got away was the one who went away? there are different scenarios to be considered that would prove what i've just written wrong. ok, i'll shut up now.

yeah right....

everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion... in the writers point of view,this is how he see it of the one who got away...

about false hopes, from deep within you will know if you're having false hopes or not. but we dont know along the streams of life... things will change from what you really expect.

in life, situations will come that we want to keep holding on false hopes,but no one is stopping us to do so... so be it false or real, its for us to decide.

i don't think there is a conscious effort to hold on to a false hope. i guess it is only in having been freed by all expectations that a person realizes he was having false hopes. just a thought. : )

Default Re: The one that got away...

all i can say that the writer has his opinion.... :mrgreen:

the "one that got away" happens to everybody... <really...its does happen..>

sometimes, you thought that you'r decision was the best one but eventually it wasn't.....still goes on with the saying that..." ....regrets always comes last" depending on how mature you handle the decision....

nice!!...been there...i had this guy who had daw feelings for me but then when i knew..told him not to court me coz i won't say yes to him man pud, no further explanations...i guess i already had feelings for him but i'm just not ready to be in a relationship..was just happy being friends with him..years later..wla nmi nagkita till nagkita mi balik..this time ready nko but he said he lost his love somewhere...
    the biggest!! hay..i'm not sure if he has feelings for me but he was exceptionally nice..his kindness had touched me in ways noone could ever imagine bsan ako..pero i'm emotionally unavailable..mao to just wanna be away from him..till gkapoy napud daw sya..dli nadaw sya kabaw unsa pagdala nko...he's gone..

This happens to me big time; To the point that I was going out of my mind!Â* But the thing is , both of us felt the same way. Andt hat is why I have to stay away coz....Shes Married already

now u hav 2 learn ur lesons!
    as d saying goes.. "d greatest regret in lyf s not taking d risk n later on asking wat if n thinking if only."

Honestly, the one that got away ddnt came to life my gyud. I guess its because to my past relationships, I was the one who got away. Mahay laging mga amaw! Dah gabaan!

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast